Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Re: Game You are Currently Addicted to

don't you feel BORED? driving on the same track again & again & again. i am better with NFS series.

To master a track, it takes more than 20 laps for a moderate player. And with Rain+ Wheel types(4) + Engine turning(8 modes)+ Driving aids.. the car handling will never be the same, and we will have plenty of combinations before us.

So, its not about racing on the same track, but like this...

"damn.. I missed this corner, Okay next time. this time braked too hard, next time should be perfect. This time steered early/late, next time." And it will go on and on.. I have to say, i completed few tracks with disappointment that I could have done better. But as you said... It kind of gets tedious at times, because of the same track.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

To master a track, it takes more than 20 laps for a moderate player. And with Rain+ Wheel types(4) + Engine turning(8 modes)+ Driving aids.. the car handling will never be the same, and we will have plenty of combinations before us.

So, its not about racing on the same track, but like this...

"damn.. I missed this corner, Okay next time. this time braked too hard, next time should be perfect. This time steered early/late, next time." And it will go on and on.. I have to say, i completed few tracks with disappointment that I could have done better. But as you said... It kind of gets tedious at times, because of the same track.

thanks for the a short description of the game. watching F1 on TV is fat better.

BTW, have to tried the new 1.0.2.0 patch for NFS HP. as mentioned in their page, it brings 3 new cars. are the cars drivable in single player mode?

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

thanks for the a short description of the game. watching F1 on TV is fat better.

Sure.. sure :p

about the patch. these are the changes,

• Flickering graphics after Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back.
• Controller configurations sometimes failing to save correctly.
• Steering response dead-zone when playing with steering wheel controllers.
• Player car engine audio volume too low.
• Some issues with CPU performance.
• Rare crash issue when entering the Career map screen
• 3 Free Cars: The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 650-4 Roadster and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.

So, YAY! 3 new cars. Time to install it again :p

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Who said that cornering in NFS HP is difficult!,it's damn easy, and those who tell it's boring just look the game closely you can feel the difference b/n 2 cars in their performance and handling.... I finished it in <15days as i was playing Crysis along witth it!!! I loved 70KM race. I managed to finish it in 13 odd min. I used Koenigsegg CCXR...I felt this car better than Bugatti Veyron :p

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I never feel bored driving on same circuit in F1..we can tune everyting from brake B.I.A.S to gear ratio..and if I feel a little less satisfaction through a corner like'damn,I was little late on the gas,have to ICE it next time'

in nfs- slap on the nitro and go flat out..NFS UG 2 was good..

Not that I hate nfs I am just expressing my self..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
well, I still havent been able to play this game properly..
Played for 20 mins at friends house..all I can say its evolved Most Wanted with better graphics,city,cars and burnout included..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
• 3 Free Cars: The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 650-4 Roadster and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.

So, YAY! 3 new cars. Time to install it again :p

i read it already but just want to know if the 3 cars are avl for use in career mode. i no, i won't download it.

Played for 20 mins at friends house..all I can say its evolved Most Wanted with better graphics,city,cars and burnout included..

burnout + most wanted hybrid (but short :x).

Who said that cornering in NFS HP is difficult!,it's damn easy, and those who tell it's boring just look the game closely you can feel the difference b/n 2 cars in their performance and handling.... I finished it in <15days as i was playing Crysis along witth it!!! I loved 70KM race. I managed to finish it in 13 odd min. I used Koenigsegg CCXR...I felt this car better than Bugatti Veyron :p

it is difficult for someone whose last racing game was NFS Hot MW or Carbon.

also i think dropping in a few patrol cars or traffic police into the 70km race would have spiced it up. still the race is good one as all the cars are fast (else 20min on a single race, forget it).

1 last complain about NFS HP is, even touching a car in a roadblock causes a crash. WTH.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Seriously wtf is wrong with this game, lowered res and other display setting but still random stutters. Almost winning a race and then at the last corner stuttering starts and back to losers enclave. Cannot continue.

Such a good game marred by bad optimization.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Highly CPU intensive game(blame the engine, they have gone single thread).

Same is with your brand new GTX560, and my 3 year old HD4890. We can't really do much of a thing. Same was the case with me.. faced terrible lag with C2Q8200.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^ Highly CPU intensive game(blame the engine, they have gone single thread).

Same is with your brand new GTX560, and my 3 year old HD4890. We can't really do much of a thing. Same was the case with me.. faced terrible lag with C2Q8200.

yes i too faced some lag but only in a most intensive graphics combined stage like rain , fog & daylight . I am running it with hi resolution textures on !

Sarath

iDota
I thought the game sucked until i went online. A deaddiction centre helped me out of it.
Superb game. (PS3)

have to add this: Most wanted is still the best NFS game

gameranand

Living to Play
Sarath said:
I thought the game sucked until i went online. A deaddiction centre helped me out of it.
Superb game. (PS3)
Yeah game is good but its the optimization part where it have to work although you don't need to worry about that as you are playing it on PS3.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sarath said:
A deaddiction centre helped me out of it
Whoa man! Is the MP that good?

For some reason when I played it, fell the cars were a bit lazy. But yeah I did love the turbo mode :D

In one cop chase, I somehow managed to EMP a chopper....dont know how :confused:

gameranand

Living to Play
thetechfreak said:
Whoa man! Is the MP that good?
For some reason when I played it, fell the cars were a bit lazy. But yeah I did love the turbo mode
In one cop chase, I somehow managed to EMP a chopper....dont know how
Yeah its damn good. Its kind of fun to tease other racers and the cops with your powers and all the crazy stuff. Very good MP but well I didn't got addicted to it. It would have been so much fun if there was a offline MP SS. Playing with friends who is sitting right next to you is the best experience for me.

Sarath

iDota
yes u can emp the chopper. Its difficult though. Plus its a waste since dodging the spike is not so difficult.

I was upset about the the limitations of the game and then suddenly mutliplayer let me take revenge on the phirangis so it was fun.

I once busted all 4 cars. That added another month of enthusiasm in me.

A good racing game overall and a good buy for PS3.

Top Bottom