Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
*www.itchythumbs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit-Logo.jpg

Okay! We have been waiting for a long time,to drive a decent car in our PC... Now it is only a matter of weeks.

NFS:HP Demo is out on PSN,XBL. But it won't be for PC, Wii(source).And, it will hit stores on Nov 16

PC requirements are..

Min Specs:
OS: Windows® XP SP 3 (32-64 bits) / Windows Vista® (32-64 bits) / Windows 7® (32-64 bits)
Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ
Memory: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®
Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0 compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0
Hard Drive: 8.0 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card
Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, optional controller

Recommended:
OS: Windows® XP SP 3 (32-64 bits) / Windows Vista® (32-64 bits) / Windows 7® (32-64 bits)
Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
Memory: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®
Graphics: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0
Hard Drive: 8 GB free space
Sound: 5.1 sound card
Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, joystick optional (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI® RADEON® X1950, hd 2000/3000/4000/5000 series NVIDIA GeForce ® 7 (7600 or better)/8/9/100/200 series.

* This product does not support Windows® 98/ME/2000/NT

Lets brag now.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just got off from trying 360 demo and it was super short for a 1.5GB sized demo. I have mixed feelings from what I played. Graphics are pretty good, but sometimes looks arcade-ish. Demo featured just one playable race where you play the cop and we head out into a Hot Pursuit. You get 2 cars to choose from; Ford Victoria Crown and Nissan 370Z, both of which are extremely lame in terms of handling. But then again, they are cop cars and it's a demo, so we'll just move on.

The controls are simple. You boost with 'A' and Handbrake with 'X'. You'll have 4 "weapons" if you get a cop car to take out your opponents; EMP, Helicopter support, Spikes & Road Block. You don't get EMP and Chopper support in the demo. So Spikes and Road Block are you're 2 choice of weapons, 3 in quantity.

In the actual chase, you'll have to smash your opponents car to put them out of commission. You can see a car damage meter on the top of your opponents vehicle. This let's you keep a tab of how much beating it can take, before it goes down. The CB voice-overs are repetitive and average. NFS: Most Wanted topped in the voice-over part. The music was rubbish.

Overall, I'd say the full game may have more potential, as opposed to this sub-par demo. I'm interested in watching the day time environment as seen in the E3 demo. With the elite cars kicking in, I think it should be a good ride.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
OOh.. that's disappointing. But its Criterion. This company has a terrible history with demos. Many thought that Burnout Paradise will not stand a chance when the demo was out. But the retail game was a huge success. Hope this game belongs to the same category.

There is one Online Co-op Only race. Where you play as a racer. Try with some of your friends or our fellow members.

hey.. any one here got the demo? or willing to try it in co-op with ethan?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Like I said, the full game might have better things in-stored for us. I, personally, didn't like Burnout Paradise at all. It was a huge disappointment and went against the fast paced knock-out action that Burnout Revenge and Takedown had established. But Hot Pursuit seems to have subtle touches of those games, so that's a good thing.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I think , this game is going to be phenomenological.. Eurogamer gave it a 9. Finally, a game this year, that is worth the wait..

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit PlayStation 3 Review - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^you are going to pre order it!

@kbharathb, its not Hotpersuit 2 which was released for PS2, PC in 2002. And Spam with standards :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Played for an hour straight and me likes the game. I have completed about 6 different races (5 Racer and 1 Cop) and unlocked nearly 8-9 different cars now and raised my bounty level to 3. Got gold in almost every race, except for the one where you have to just test the Pagani Zonda, for which I got a silver rating. I have both good news and bad news, as far as the visual quality goes on the PC version. First the bad news: There is no AA. Yes, we yet again receive a game with no freakin' AA. WTF Criterion? Now for the good news: The game runs flawlessly. For people with higher configuration, you can easily max this out with steady 60fps. I maxed it out with my rig and frame rates hovered around 47 with 3 other vehicles and 57 if no vehicle in sight. It would take a hit on cornering, rendering smoke effects and crashing. But then again, it's just my hardware which is showing signs of ageing (must resist upgrade).

The music is sucky and I mean REALLY sucky. The races are fun, especially once you start unlocking the cars, it really starts to kick in the pace. There are no custom mods which you can perform on the cars, at least I couldn't spot one till now. It doesn't have split-screen or LAN play (Sorry iGO). The feel is completely arcady when it comes to racing, but the rubber band AI almost kills the fun at some point. I unlocked the Spike strips option and now we can wreck those cars. I haven't start the Cop campaign fully as of now, but will "try" to complete the racer campaign first. The rules of the Career mode are simple; win races, raise bounty level, create carnage, find short-cuts, unlock faster cars and won't be long before every cop car in the county is on your ass.

Any questions? NO? Then let's get this show on the road people.

Screenshots:

*img545.imageshack.us/img545/2827/nfs112010111707315787.jpg

*img268.imageshack.us/img268/5944/nfs112010111707332264.jpg

*img10.imageshack.us/img10/9971/nfs112010111707344636.jpg

*img716.imageshack.us/img716/3780/nfs112010111707363365.jpg

*img264.imageshack.us/img264/6913/nfs112010111707530173.jpg

*img508.imageshack.us/img508/377/nfs112010111707540477.jpg

*img690.imageshack.us/img690/3425/nfs112010111707544279.jpg

*img189.imageshack.us/img189/1589/nfs112010111707560465.jpg

*img534.imageshack.us/img534/1892/nfs112010111708000811.jpg

Gollum

Collector
Will 9500gt be able to run it at 1360x768?
Does it have online multilayer option like burnout paradise?

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Will 9500gt be able to run it at 1360x768?
Does it have online multilayer option like burnout paradise?

Yes 9500gt should be able to run it at cranked down settings and resolution. And yes, It has online multilayer. Both Co-op and competitive.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not so much happy with this - the game is nowhere close to MW but it's better than undercover so I may bear with it.

Another irritating thing is the camera mode option is really very less - only 3 modes - WTF! it's like NFS underground but that was released ages ago.

This game should have camera options like NFS shift - come on wake up criterion and EA - add more camera modes so that we can drive in comforts.

BTW, are there any hot chicks this time ? :p

Top Bottom