Need a N series mobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Support for thrid party apps.Support for more codecs. But since you already own an iphone i doubt you would use any of the apps that apply with the N85.

Pluses of the C905-Brilliant 8 mp cam,best xenon flash in the market,great build quality,stereo sound recording.
N85-Symbian,VGA video recording,dedicated music keys.

I need a smartphone to keep in sync with PC and all. Please recommend me a phone which has good support for third party apps,plugins etc. Budget can be extended to 30K as I'm gonna sell the iPhone. Please guys be clear. I've got no clue of what I may end up with.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I need a smartphone to keep in sync with PC and all. Please recommend me a phone which has good support for third party apps,plugins etc. Budget can be extended to 30K as I'm gonna sell the iPhone. Please guys be clear. I've got no clue of what I may end up with.

did u check the HTC-touch diamond ???

HTC sukkz!! I don't even wanna consider it! Just temme what's the difference between a normal and a smartphone and which one to buy,N85 or C905?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@Sunny1211993..
You gonna sell iPhone 2G? :eek: It looks so cool.. Nowhere compared to iPhone 3G.

BTW you said you wanna game. Don't go for SE. Nokia is way better with smartphonish features and gaming. N82 is a powerful phone but gaming would not be easy with its difficult keys.

Why not N95 8GB? Will feel a bit iPhonish with inbuilt flash memory. Has good dedicated buttons for music. Gaming should be good as well. And I think you can forego Xenon Flash available in N82.

CORRECTED

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
BTW i said early N82 is fast in operating ,, gaming will be difficult with tiny keys camera gr8

i never play games in my N82!!!!!!!!1

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@damngoodman999

Actually due to the powerful hardware; I enjoy playing games on it.. Racing games can be played pretty well. Like NFS:Most Wanted..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
For krazzy, you got a review phone which surely had all the glitches wiped off.
On the contrary, review samples are some of the worst of the lot. They have often been with other reviewers before and have been abused. Considering that the N85 I got was in great condition. Compared to that the W595 I have feels like it's been through World War 2. Also review samples are retail units and not some special ones.

Sunny if you are getting a phone under 25k then get the N85. If you can spend up to 30k then get the C905.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N85 rocks .. but it does have a build quality issues as reported by our beloved amd ..

Specially those made in china ones ..try to find a made in finland one or check ur handset throughly before buying ..its fantastic phone ..

its drawbacks are

1. Build quality issues --but these are very few user specific ..and nokia recently does not have a good record as far as build quality is concerned .. that does not mean that every n85 is faulty.. just be cautious while buying .. if u feel its rock solid and everything is working fine as it should then go ahead and buy it

2. lack of xenon flash - we cant do much abt it other than waiting for n85 refresh which is coming with xenon flash in 6 months time ..

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
How is N82?

Great with the best 5 MP

Another problem you will be facing with N85 for 1-2 month that it's firmware is not Ha( ked yet....

What are the smartphone features that C905 lacks?
everything...........

i can't even list the advantages of a smartphone......

15k + always go for a smartphone

you will get bored with non-smartphones soon

by the way...

N85 got OLED DISPLAY , good camera , great audio quality, dual slider, landscape gaming , 3.5 mm jack , stereo speakers , fm transmitter , navi wheel

(only 3-4 games are out there that utilize the gpu)

Go with the time N82 is old now and looks crap ..............

N85 is the way to go as it is a smartphone it has got coreplayer even which can run dvix videos........ Symtorrent..........

And many other unlimited goodies

you will be able to play your old nes ,vbag games and all even in landscape view by remapping the keys..........

N85 just rocks

where as C905 advantages are............. GREAT LOOKS, 8MP cam , better themes , mega bass and some other goodies maybe...

Arey and yea a bigger screen is also there in N85

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
trust me.I have no issues with the N85.But just that the N81 designs and the problems faced by my friends pisses me off. i would never recommend the N85 to anyone for that matter.it may sound a bit biased, but a few user reviews have started coming in and Nokia hasnt been able to live up to its expectations.

talking about screens, the C905 has one of the best screens in the market.Check any review out there.Also going by phonearena, its sound quality is one of the best.

Basically, comes down to whether you want to want a smartphone or a feature phone.C905 has better flaunt value too.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
trust me.I have no issues with the N85.But just that the N81 designs and the problems faced by my friends pisses me off. i would never recommend the N85 to anyone for that matter.it may sound a bit biased, but a few user reviews have started coming in and Nokia hasnt been able to live up to its expectations.

talking about screens, the C905 has one of the best screens in the market.Check any review out there.Also going by phonearena, its sound quality is one of the best.

Basically, comes down to whether you want to want a smartphone or a feature phone.C905 has better flaunt value too.

C905 or N85???

Screen quality of C905 is great........... as it is scratch resistant and all......

i think you should go for N85 as 15k + = smartphone ......

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
N85 gfx is lacking when compared to N82

N82 is faster in operation than N85

GPS navigation is best in N82

ONly Lack in N82 is "SQ"- sound quality

Here it is:
1.Good build quality.
2.Good looks.
3.GPS
4.WiFi and 3G
5.Bittorrent client if possible