Need 5.1 gaming headphone

gameranand

Living to Play
1. Comfort
2. Sound Quality for games
3. Surround effects + awesome software.
I'll do a review of this headphone when I get it. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Well it depends on the usage pattern. V2 is a very good stereo headphones but Vengeance has 5.1 surround effect and in gaming thats important and for Music its useless. So basically V2 is a overall performer while 1500 is more inclined toward gamers. I hope you got the point. :)

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Another option ~3k = panasonic htf600. It has a rock solid sound-stage (I own one currently).

If you wish a more expensive one - Creative Aurvana Live ~ 7k is also an awesome piece.

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Aurvana is an audiophile range headphone. For Gaming, at 4200, Vengeance is a must buy.
Storm Sirius is heavy and has smaller drivers. There is virtually no practical difference between virtual 5.1 and real 5.1. So, its better to go for vengeance as it has much better drivers.
Plus i find a single usb connector much more comfortable than the Sirius set up.
I havent seen many reviews comparing v2 directly with the rest, but in most review round ups, Vengeance is applauded. Megalodon is nice if u have the budget. Its a lot better looking too. Its also one of the most comfortable ones
I own Plantronics GameCom780 and the virtual 7.1 is very good. Sound quality is pretty much more than what i need. Gaming surround is good. Havnt played war games yet, but in NFS Hot Pursuit, it works well. Somehow the surround wanst very effective in giving enemy location in the new Deus Ex, probably due to the game, rather than the headphone.
Vengeance is slightly better than my 780 in terms of game support and sound quality. So, close your eyes and go for it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Just being a true 5.1 headset does not mean it provides better surround quality. Placing so many speakers too close to each other and attached to ear....it just behaves like a virtual surround earphones and sometime worse than that as Virtual surround headphones do provide lots of software based optimization controls.

I have experienced both CM Storm Sirus and Razer Megalodon before making my purchase and in sound quality, it is nothing closer to Megalodon. That's why I went for the Megalodon despite of the higher price of it.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I have experienced both CM Storm Sirus and Razer Megalodon before making my purchase and in sound quality, it is nothing closer to Megalodon. That's why I went for the Megalodon despite of the higher price of it.

2 questions here:
1. Have you compared Megalodon with Vengence 1500?
2. For how much did you buy Megalodon?

Soumik

Padawan
Personally i dont think Vengeance has any less sound quality than Megalodon. But The razer would be a lot better looking and by far one of most comfortable gaming headsets. Confort is a lot priority when it comes to gaming as it will usually be pretty long sessions. Also hardware controls of Megalodon is far better than of Vengeance. Hence the increased price.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, I have compared Megalodon with Vengeance 1500 and CM Storm Sirus. I got it at 7K including tax....it was a deal. Megalodon is the lightest of all the 7.1 headsets, made of composite materials and uses Maelstrom Audio Engine which is also used by French Air Force in their Rafale and Mirage 2000-5 Fighter Jets to simulate surround sounds for the Pilot. It does not need any driver and trough the Control Panel you can perform everything you need...

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Like I already said if he OP has 7K then he should get Megalodon eye closed. Period.:|

Yeah for gaming, Megalodon is a better bet. But if u leave gaming for a second, Auruvana live = better IMO as they provide audiophilic sound and (not as good as megalodon but) they re also exceptional in gaming. (especially if u buy it internationally, as it is ~ 50$ cheaper and is an audiophiles recommendation).
You can get it from amazon for ~80$ ~ 5400 INR.

Just like megalodon wont suit as much to an audiophile especially @ 140$.
At that range I d go for - Audio-Technica ATH-M50 which are an audiophiles dream and they have an exceptional soundstage as well. So it would be equally good for gaming.

But yes, if you re a hardcore gamer and are looking for nothing but the sound-stage (I guess thats what OP demands), probably then, you can have the megalodon.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Personally i dont think Vengeance has any less sound quality than Megalodon. But The razer would be a lot better looking and by far one of most comfortable gaming headsets. Confort is a lot priority when it comes to gaming as it will usually be pretty long sessions. Also hardware controls of Megalodon is far better than of Vengeance. Hence the increased price.

Corsair is suitable for gaming but in stereo mode it doesn't shine much. Megalodon has both and thats why the higher price. As for me I already have stereo headphones which are specialized for music so I am going for Corsair 1500, if I didn't had that then probably I would have bought Megalodon. Simple.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Ya, I have compared Megalodon with Vengeance 1500 and CM Storm Sirus. I got it at 7K including tax....it was a deal. Megalodon is the lightest of all the 7.1 headsets, made of composite materials and uses Maelstrom Audio Engine which is also used by French Air Force in their Rafale and Mirage 2000-5 Fighter Jets to simulate surround sounds for the Pilot. It does not need any driver and trough the Control Panel you can perform everything you need...

Thanks That's exactly what I wanted to know. :)

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
I just ordered Megalodon with 2 gift vouchers I had accumulated and 3k from my own from flipkart. Its priced at Rs. 8999 there. I checked infibeam, rediff, homeshop18 & nextworld before purchasing from flipkart and couldn't find it for cheaper than 8999.
I'll post pics and review once I receive it.

@OP - what have you decided ?

Top Bottom