Need 5.1 gaming headphone

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
But how did you got to know that golchha are selling it for 7.2K ? I checked on their site as well and its priced 8799 plus shipping.

Build your pc

Soumik

Padawan
Corsair is suitable for gaming but in stereo mode it doesn't shine much. Megalodon has both and thats why the higher price. As for me I already have stereo headphones which are specialized for music so I am going for Corsair 1500, if I didn't had that then probably I would have bought Megalodon. Simple.
True, but really, u wont be listening in stereo mode once u get these headphones :D. May be cause the stereo mode is bad, but for my headphones i keep 5.1 and dolby on, all the time when i'm not gaming. Gaming - just switch over to 7.1. I cant tell much, just that simple music sounds much better in 5.1 than in stereo mode on my headphones. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
True, but really, u wont be listening in stereo mode once u get these headphones :D. May be cause the stereo mode is bad, but for my headphones i keep 5.1 and dolby on, all the time when i'm not gaming. Gaming - just switch over to 7.1. I cant tell much, just that simple music sounds much better in 5.1 than in stereo mode on my headphones. :)

Which Headphone you own ??

Soumik

Padawan
Hi... sorry for raising old thread...
Did anyone actually get the Vengeance 1500 here?
My clumsy self broke the band of my gamecom 780 :(... It was working perfectly.. even now is. I simply tangled the wire and stood up with the headset on my head.. it pulled the wires so hard.. the head band broke off into two pieces... :'(. The wires are super strong really... The headset is working perfectly... i am using thick tapes to hold it to my head :p
Sooo.. am thinking of going wireless for everything... :D
And first thing coming to my mind is Vengeance 2000... the wireless version of 1500. Can anyone say how good the 1500s are?

snap

Lurker
here is a review done by gameranand *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/168627-corsair-vengeance-1500-review.html

Krishna

Broken In
You may consider Corsair 1500... its a good, sturdy headset and noise cancellation works well.. its got big ear cups which will fit on ur ears easily.. For a newbie it may feel a little overweight but its negligible..
Although there is a problem with it i.e. ear cups get dusty very much. So if you are having a clean PC desk there should be no problem at all
+1 For Vengeance 1500

gameranand

Living to Play
Hi... sorry for raising old thread...
Did anyone actually get the Vengeance 1500 here?
My clumsy self broke the band of my gamecom 780 :(... It was working perfectly.. even now is. I simply tangled the wire and stood up with the headset on my head.. it pulled the wires so hard.. the head band broke off into two pieces... :'(. The wires are super strong really... The headset is working perfectly... i am using thick tapes to hold it to my head :p
Sooo.. am thinking of going wireless for everything... :D
And first thing coming to my mind is Vengeance 2000... the wireless version of 1500. Can anyone say how good the 1500s are?

Well you can read the review done by me and I can assure that they are pretty good. :)
Don't get the Wireless one, get the 1500, costs less and performs better.

Soumik

Padawan
Hey very nice review gameranand!!! :) The corsair band definitely feels thicker than the one i had in Gamecom 780. How is the wire strength? I mean they dont look as strong when compared to the ones i had.
Dirt isnt much of a concern for me. I wear my headphones to sleep.. and when i feel uncomfy.. just take them off my ears and sleep... so they are bound to get dirty :p
Wireless is what i am planning to go actually. After this incident. i really want to go wireless... no wires.. no hassles. I have my laptop on a bedside table and my bed in on the ground... no legs to raise it up.. so wires are easy to get tangled in my legs and fingers... cant help it. :( Hence, the urge to go all wireless. (Have GS700s mouse on my wishlist :p)
I dont think there would be a massive reduction in sound quality as these headsets are supposed to use.. 'gaming grade' wireless tech.. whatever that means :p.
I liked the gamecom commander wire design.. like the telephone wire.. so that even stretched, the ends wont get too much tension. But its slightly out of budget for me. i can extend it to max $200. nt more than that!
So, what do you suggest? Corsair 2000, or something else? Options include GS930, Creative Wraith, etc...

PS: y does this forum have such short log in time man. I get logged off in 3-4 minutes.. Its shorter than most bank websites :p

Xai

Journeyman
There was a time when Roccat Kave was highly recommended. It is available again @ 5-5.5K-ish range. Will it be worth getting instead of Vengeance 1500 given that Kave was a recommended headset and has real 5.1?

IndianRambo

In the zone
@soumik, dont go for corsair 2000, it has manufacturing defect, its easily get crack in the headband, lots of users complaints about this problem in corsair forums. some has repeated problem even after replacement. so stick with corsair 1500.

d3p

PowerHouse
There was a time when Roccat Kave was highly recommended. It is available again @ 5-5.5K-ish range. Will it be worth getting instead of Vengeance 1500 given that Kave was a recommended headset and has real 5.1?

If there's a possibility then try the headphone by putting them on.

IMO Vengence << Kave << Megalodon.

Some might call Megalodon as superior, but it also have lot cons.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ hmm I think the less than signs should be greater than signs?

@IndianRambo.. thanks for letting me know! My gamecom 780 band broke.. i certainly dont want the same thing happening to the next headset i get.

I have nothing personally against roccat kave or vengeance 1500, just that i want something either wireless.. or something very sturdy and with wires that can withstand tension(landlines wires type). I realize that tangling wires and frequent getting ups from my laptop is something i have to live with, at least for the time being, so its better to get rid of that problem altogether :p.

d3p

PowerHouse
nope. I'm good with the signs.

In words,

megalodon is better than Kave & Kave is better than vengence.

Soumik

Padawan
Oh okay.. In what way is it better?
I mean hardware spec wise, both Kave and Vengeance seems to be better than Megalodon...

Any one has any idea about whats the hierarchy in wireless headsets?

nope. I'm good with the signs.

In words,

megalodon is better than Kave & Kave is better than vengence.

+1, kave destroys the 1500.

@CILUS

Why is this thread in the wrong place? since 9-11-2012? Please fix this asap. It makes it difficult to post replies

I think the quality of the forum has been degrading since the past few years. Every time i see a new thread it turns into a facebook wall. And the mods are not doing their job. I dont think i will bother to post here now.

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Thanks.
About your quality degradation, Well One thing, its better to have similar kind of discussions in one thread than having multiple threads having the same topic. I think that is one of the directives given while posting. And, another thing, is that if a thread is running long, having updates from different times, any general person can get a general idea about the trends during different times, you can get an idea which headphones are trending at which times. Anyways, its up to mods to decide whether my point is valid or just i got the wrong idea. :p
About wrong place, really dont know if it should be here, or under gamerz section or the audio one. It probably should be in audio though.

Wanted to just post an update on this, since my query was the last one... I decided not to go with traditional gaming headsets, and since i hardly use the mic, unless playing Dota 1/2 or LoL with my friends (which is pretty rare, as i usually play alone with random guys), i am better of getting a better headphone with a good soundstage to substitute for the surround sound. My laptop dies have Creative Recon 3Di soundcard, so am hoping to get a decent output from audiophile headphones

I debated with my friends over a number of headphones (made a list as per reviews from HeadFi forums), regarding their price and overall sound quality, and finally decided to go with Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 ohms headphones. I should be receiving it on Thursday, so.. hoping for the best. :)

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
Got the headphones... i posted my first impressions in the reviews sections :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/174829-bayerdynamic-dt-990-pro-impressions.html

Top Bottom