Tamoghno

Padawan
The pixon records better videos than the N86. Check out gsmarena samples for more info.The top honors are shared by the pixon and satio.
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

anyone having problem with lanyard port ?

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@dreamcatcher -- As I said a friend owns Pixon 12 and I know first hand how good is its video recording. When I say N86 does better than Pixon 12 cos its the way it is. Not cos I am recommending N86 . On the other hand Pixon 12 blows N86 in image department due to its better image processing overall and very good 12 mp sensor for a phone with strong xenon flash.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*acurrie.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/nokia-n86-best-camera-phone-evar/

Not the best one ..but a excellent one :)

OT- *translate.google.com/translate?js=...olis.pl/artykuly.php?id=308&str=0&sl=pl&tl=en

Pixon 12 is the best one out there ...

Last edited:

BlkRb0t

Broken In
Which is better as an overall phone (music & camera are priority though)? N86 or Pixon? And why?

I already have a N86 and know how great it is in the imaging department but want to hear how it compares to Pixon both as a camera and a music phone as well as an overall phone.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
So its somewhat confirmed that N87 is 3.2" capacitive touch display with 12mp cam , xenon + dual led setup + 1280 x720 @30 fps. And if its OLED display then it will be icing on the cake :) and yes it will based on OMAP3440 Processor surely ..

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
There was a minor FOTA update available yesterday. The current FW ver. is 21.006.
Can anybody who has updated their N86 confirm the change logs?

The theme effects seem to have been fixed to an extent. :smile:

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Ver 21 has corrected all the small bugs that were there in ver 20 firmware. Theme effects are working fine and pretty fast. First time using a nokia device with theme effects on and it works like a charm. Phone is very rock solid now even under heavy multitaking. This is the firmware I was waiting since I got the phone in june last year. Camera is improved as well and video recording is even smoother.

Here is my new Pulsar 220 dtsi

*img254.imageshack.us/img254/3503/yogi369.th.jpg

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
New ver 21 firmware has made this N86 a real beauty. Everything works fine and superfast. No bugs till date. Pity that we had to wait for whole 6 months for this firmware to release. The phone works very fast even with theme effects on. There is one more firmware due in the end of this quarter, maybe at march end or april first week or so. It will add some new features like multiple face detection and focus which is not being done in any phone till date and also much lesser jpeg compression so that images turn out bigger in size and details are retained much better. Dont know what other features nokia is planning to add. With ver 21 this is the best nokia phone till date :)

*img402.imageshack.us/img402/1927/yogi008.th.jpg

*img402.imageshack.us/img402/6496/yogi005.th.jpg

Also the new ovi maps 3.3 works fine on it. You just have to install the file for E52 or E72. The voice navigation is really cool indeed and its totally free..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Yup, Theme effects seem to be working now. Except in some cases like when the phone is turned, the lower half doesn't seem to stay there while the rest part fades in to the animation.

I had faced that "Video recording getting stuck" problem once, post this update.
Last week my friend accidentally sat on the phone and the display panel broke in to 2. Had to spent 2.5k on it to get it repaired from Nokia Care :(

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Great news to all N86 owners. N86 ver 20/ ver 21 is now hacked by PNHT ( prefessional nokia hacking team ) and I have hacked my N86 .. Anyone interested can follow this

*www.symbiantalk.net/showthread.php?20701-Nokia-N86-Firmware-V20-v21-Is-Finally-Hacked-By-PNHT

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Here is new Pulsar 220 S variant - Though its great VFM it looks like a old P200

*img175.imageshack.us/img175/6199/yogi088.th.jpg

*img175.imageshack.us/img175/7330/yogi089.th.jpg

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
New ver 21 firmware has made this N86 a real beauty. Everything works fine and superfast. No bugs till date. Pity that we had to wait for whole 6 months for this firmware to release. The phone works very fast even with theme effects on. There is one more firmware due in the end of this quarter, maybe at march end or april first week or so. It will add some new features like multiple face detection and focus which is not being done in any phone till date and also much lesser jpeg compression so that images turn out bigger in size and details are retained much better. Dont know what other features nokia is planning to add. With ver 21 this is the best nokia phone till date :)
Also the new ovi maps 3.3 works fine on it. You just have to install the file for E52 or E72. The voice navigation is really cool indeed and its totally free..

is it so....then i think gprs charges apply...& btw how much is it now(price) :))

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/8515/yogi038.th.jpg

*img692.imageshack.us/img692/9240/yogi057.th.jpg

*img692.imageshack.us/img692/7906/yogi073.th.jpg

*img16.imageshack.us/img16/6027/yogi074.th.jpg

*img16.imageshack.us/img16/5913/yogi077.th.jpg

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/5173/yogi083.th.jpg

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/192/yogi085.th.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

@KaranTh85- Voice navigation while walk & drive is free. You need gprs for Agps only which in turn helps get the gps lock much faster. Its not a must have though as ovi maps can be used offline as you can copy all the maps & voice data on your phone's internal mass memory or memory card. Univercell is showing the latest price of N86 as 18k only which is much much more than a steal btw. Ofcourse it costs more in Maharashtra cos of more vat..

Top Bottom