yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Very good read about the Great N82 ..

*ericscorner.blogspot.com/2009/11/nokia-n82-two-years-review.html

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
A bit OT , but must read abt samsung omnia hd..

*anphase.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/report-on-the-samsung-i8910-v2-final.pdf

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*img29.imageshack.us/img29/1883/yogi186.th.jpg

*img29.imageshack.us/img29/1144/yogi185.th.jpg

*img197.imageshack.us/img197/1866/yogi208.th.jpg

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N86 compared to Satio & Omnia hd ..

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Review_Sony_Ericsson_Satio-part_2_The_Camera.php

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Here comes N86 successor-

*www.phonearena.com/htmls/Nokia-N87-12MP-with-Xenon-flash-in-the-works-article-a_8134.html

Most prolly look like a one..

@KaranTh85- No idea .. maybe or maybe not. But I have heard good things abt C901. But overall N82 will still win cos it has great video recording ablities.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Next firmware update ver 21 or ver 30 or whatever its called, is due in last week of december. Nokia people are working on one other update besides this. Also heard of few new features being added. Personally dont need any new features,just the few bug fixes will do. They have added face detection in ver 20. And as I found out it does not make any difference as far as image quality is concerned under normal light conditions. BTW, it can detect upto 10 faces.

There are some rumors that Nokia deliberately stopped v20 due to bugs and broken features, and that users that didn't upgrade FW will go straight to v31 once available.

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Where is the lanyard port in N86 ? is it below */+ key ? i hung my lanyard there and it just keeps coming out every few hours . is there any other way to attach the lanyard or am i doing it wrong ?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thanks @ yogi7272

I am currently (strange process :oops: ) looking & dloading N86 samples for convincing myself to go for one,and surely ur samples will help.
If I not wrong it is the same place where u clicked earlier after u purchase ur N86 phone & that was in monsoon.

Phone Arena.com reviewed the phone and said it was marketing gimmick of variable aperture and also mention this phone is ok (simply ok ??) for outdoor snap in good light condition. they put some snap which I also d-load are not so good...where as AAS & GSM Arena have all praise. Rafe pic at AAS are the stunner.

Even Dpreview once praise it.

Saw some sample in flickr & I literally fall of my chair, later I realize they are pro & they may did some post processing.

Anyhow u are the N86 experts here...do u know any place where "Aam" user post some snaps which u think not so edited ?

Thanks in advance....

P.S:-
Now N87 news circulated all over the web...and it generates more 'n' more confusion......Once Nokia told they never gona put Xenon on the phone coz battery draining etc etc...but now they back with that. :-x

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@dissel - If ur looking for a excellent camera phone then N86 is the way to go. If ur looking for a gem of a smartphone ( non-touch) then N86 is the way to go, even if ver 20 is a little bit buggy but it does very good for me as far as heavy multitasking goes.

All my images are default out of the camera.. Non-processed. I have been following all these current camera phones. And all my friends own each and every phone that claim to have great camera. Hence I had first hand exp with all these phones. Only phone which does great as camera, besides N86 in all light conditions is Pixon 12 but it lags behind N86 as far as video recording goes. Go for it .. U wont be disappointed :)

Variable aperature and wide angle lens are not marketing gimmicks for sure. Dont take phone arena reviews seriously.

Also all these reviews which are out about N86 were either with ver 10 / 11 firmware. With current ver 20 the image processing algorithms have been improved a lot. For camera ver 20 firmware is a must have. Want more N86 reviews then follow this thread

*forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?t=84105

About N87 - Nokia never said they are not going to put xenon in their phones. In fact they omitted xenon flash in N86 due to design issues. Their 12 mp will surely have xenon + dual leds setup. No idea if it will have optical zoom as well ..

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Guys, i have nokia n82(updated firmware) iam not that impressed with its camera performance during day light photos,people faces are coming out dark or washed out even if the photo is taken in well light condition,some times sharpness is very poor for nearby trees and landscapes,i tried many settings but the result is same...is there a problem with my phone??
Night shots with flash and video quality is excellent.

sample photos taken with n82 in bright sunny days in automatic mode after auto focusing....but still pics are bad.

*img687.imageshack.us/img687/241/28062009069.th.jpg

*img687.imageshack.us/img687/4531/28062009068.th.jpg

*img130.imageshack.us/img130/4369/04102009182.th.jpg

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Make good use of available sunlight .. dont shoot into sun..also try to tweak exposure compensation to see if its helps..

Tamoghno

Padawan
Guys, i have nokia n82(updated firmware) iam not that impressed with its camera performance during day light photos,people faces are coming out dark or washed out even if the photo is taken in well light condition,some times sharpness is very poor for nearby trees and landscapes,i tried many settings but the result is same...is there a problem with my phone??
Night shots with flash and video quality is excellent.

sample photos taken with n82 in bright sunny days in automatic mode after auto focusing....but still pics are bad.

its not camera's fault.its how the auto mode works.when shooting pictures with large very bright background , camera will try to get the background right.hence it'll under expose the faces in order to get the background right.

You can try using flash when in short range or try to avoid very bright background.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thanks yogi7272....for your link & comments.

Yes! this the whole thing actually I want for my digest about N86.

Thank you very much.:)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The pixon records better videos than the N86. Check out gsmarena samples for more info.The top honors are shared by the pixon and satio.

Top Bottom