My Review of Creative EP-630

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
I got Creative's in-ear noice-cancellation earphones from the IT Mall,Lamington Rd.,Mumbai for Rs.975(earphone+an exhaust fan).

u'll get them in most shops but the intial price is 1k everywhere then it depends on your bargain skill.

For the Test-I conducted the test using my bundled 5300 earphones;SE's W700i earphones and EP-630.

1.Build Quality - it's strictly OK.it contains no button to change songs,that's a bit dissapointing.the cable length is just fine coz i'm kinda used to my 5300's cable which runs almost a normal person long.the've provided two extra sets of earbuds which is kinda cool.one pair has larger buds.

2.Bass - The bass in all the songs was very good,twice or even more better than SE.5300's has virtually no bass at all.the bass is low for the drums in the background.bass guitars sound good.Bass produced is both types deep and near.whereas W700i only has bass thumping closer to the earphone.

3.Sound Quality - Impressive stereo division although the central voice could have been a tad better.almost equal to both 5300 and W700i.
Depth in sound is very good;also xcellent reproduction of every beat and instrument used in the song.the vocalists breathing and guitar riffs are quite clear.
The whispers(central not stereo) in some songs are not that clear.
W710i and 5300 sound very mono compared to EP-630.though depth and stereo division is good in 5300 too.W700i is only loud(less than ep-630) and the quality is largely due to it's in-ear type.no match for EP-630 though.

4.Comfort - not comapring 5300 here.comfortable to the ears but u do get the suction feeling when you open your mouth wide-enough.you sense putting on these when you talk which is not sensed otherwise.the buds look cheap but do a gr8 job.also the're very lite.
W700i are a bit comfortable overall but a bit hard on the ear's opening.

5.Noice Cancellation/isolation - not comapring 5300 here which doesn't have any sort of isolation.Xcellent noice cancellation even at the 3rd level of volume.if the noice is too much u do hear some noice but it cancells out very well so you don't miss a beat of music(test was conducted at level 4-5/10).
You do hear white noice during the 1st couple of seconds of some very slow songs.
W700i prevented the same noice at level 7-8.and when you hear noice it actually doesn't cancell out.u do hear the noice clearly mixed with the sound.easily gets beaten at level 4-5.

Pros - Very good bass;stereo division;clarity;VFM(value for money)noice isolation.

Cons - Drum bass lacks when drums are deep in background.main vocals don't sound way better than others.

Test Songs

1.Thrice - Red Sky
Most dissapointing in this.lacks bass for the drums in this song.also the very bleak almost whispering vocals aren't that clear.although u can't hear them.The rest is fairly good.

2.Linkin Park - Points of Authority(Reanimation Remix)
Stereo division not upto the mark in the intro(in all through).xcellent throughout in EP-630.

3.Timbaland - Apologize
Beats are very distinctly audible.and a tune not audible in 5300 and W700i(in the part "i loved u with th fire in red now it's turning blue..")is audible here.full marks on this.

4.Breaking Benjamin - So Cold,Until the end and Breath
So cold totally rocks.Until the end sounds perfect just a bit indistinctness in the vocals and the drum beats if heard very minutely.Breath exposses the little lack of bass in them.although the hic-cuping soind of Ben Burnley is clear during the chorus.
W700i looks pale comapred to them.

5.Alter Bridge - Metalingus
No noticeable difference in any 3.although bass and distinctness goes to ep-630

The helicopter intro in Unknown soldier;the tyre rubbing in Bad bad man(John Cena) are very clear.Bring me to life's intro wind sound sounds awesome.Crank It Up(Brand new Sin) sounds superb with crystal clear riffs.Bass rocks in most bass heavy songs.Didn't test Burn It Up coz i have it in 128kbps.

All songs were 256kbps VBR.

Bottomline - Anyone buying anything for music should buy these if not higher end.It's like the first choice discrete Graphic solution than having onboard video.

My Big thnx to all Digit members who brought these to our notice and assured me of the performance.this is the second time u guyz have helped me pick the right choice.score is 2/2:)

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Very well written, and well tested review. I am a ep-630 user, and I agree with to , in most part.And i think its HPM-70 you were referring as w700i earphones, ain't it?
Anyway, keep up your reviews.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
ratedrsuperstar said:
1.Build Quality - it's strictly OK.it contains no button to change songs,that's a bit dissapointing.the cable length is just fine coz i'm kinda used to my 5300's cable which runs almost a normal person long.the've provided two extra sets of earbuds which is kinda cool.one pair has larger buds.
Why would a earphone have buttons to change songs :confused: Its a generic earphone.. Not bundled with some phone.. Also the extra sets of earbuds are not exactly extra.. Each set is of different size..

expertno.1

Technomancer
hey please tell me any online site from which i can buy original ones ep 630 using ma hdfc direct pay online aacount :(

anyone knows ?

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
*shopping.rediff.com/shop/storeproductdisplay.jsp?prrfnbr=10219342&strfnbr=3865&frompg=Creative

expertno.1

Technomancer
eggman said:
*shopping.rediff.com/shop/storeproductdisplay.jsp?prrfnbr=10219342&strfnbr=3865&frompg=Creative

dude are you sure it is original ? i mean has someone bought anything from rediff ? (not bid section) .

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Comparing them to bundled ipod headfones:

comfort: ep 630
sound: at higher volumes apple headfones are better (they maintain crystal clarity whereas ep 630 does crack) and as far bass is concerned ... Hmmm ep630 is a tad bit better

but considering the fact they are a lot more comfy and go fully into ur ear u will like wearing them

and build quality gets a poor from me cheap rubber; 2 wires from start to end joined half way which is surprisingly sad

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^abey jab sab puch rahe they tab kya tu so raha tha mujhe agar jagah bolta to 1 beer to peeta un 75rs se

@eggman - i dunno whether the're HPM-70.anyways are these used in sony's walkman PMP's.i hope not first no display then only this much audio quality for such high price?

als2

Journeyman
expertno.1 said:
dude are you sure it is original ? i mean has someone bought anything from rediff ? (not bid section) .

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

yes i had bought the same thing and seller is creative moreover they do gave me bill

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
iMav said:
sound: at higher volumes apple headfones are better (they maintain crystal clarity whereas ep 630 does crack) and as far bass is concerned ..
I didn't feel the crack, even at highest point with MEGABASS on........
By the way, they beat my HPM-70 hands down.........

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
eggman said:
dont know but my ep 630 cracks on highest ipod volumes where as the ipod headfones dont ;)

napster007

Padawan
eggman said:

i don't quite agree man. i have the SE w550i. Recently "XBONEZ" had bought a pair and when i turned on the bass at 7-8 it started begging for mercy. But i din't face any such problems on my Hpm-70.

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
OMFG.just saw my review in digit mag.i'm going bonkers here.thnx for the appreciation although the editor should have edited the "in-hear" part.i guess asfaq or nimish must be having a yawn again:D

nix

guys...i bought a creative ep 630... now tell me how to change the silicon pads will ya, the ones already put on are big for me. i want to fit the smallest ones..how do i change those ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom