My Review of Creative EP-630

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ hold the silicon park and pluck them (pull them outwards ) they will come
off. to put new ones simply push them inwards and they should fix. you can twirl it slightly to see if its fit properly ..
Btw even i use the smallest one, right ear is more snug than the left :p
I got different ear sizes !!
Also prices on rediff are expensive !! ts selling for 850 now a days ..

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
dont know but my ep 630 cracks on highest ipod volumes where as the ipod headfones dont ;)

I've capped me iPod volume to 70% of the Max and i too use the EP 630 .

At 70% they are distinctly loud to cause you a bit of discomfort but reproduce sound perfectly .

As for the cracking part , The EP 630 have a lower impedance than the creative headphones , meaning they are more energy efficient and produce more loudness at the same input signal .

Thus 100% for your iPod speakers is roughly equal to 74% of the signal required to drive the EP 630 to the same decibel level .

And please keep the volume low , this will save both your ears and your earphones from damage .

moshel

Padawan
unfortunately the EP-630 is not available here in ahmedabad...so just wanted to ask u guys...whether if its ok if i buy from this website?? pls note that i will be paying via credit card...what abt the warranty? can i take it to a creative dealership here in ahmedabad if there is any problem?

*www.theitdepot.com/product.php?cat=19&sub_category_id=64&product_id=1804

dushyant87

Right off the assembly line
I live in Mumbai and I went to InOrbit Mall today, there the Creative EP-630 were available for Rs. 1280. If someone can provide me details of the shop where they are available for Rs 850, I'd be really thankful.

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
u'll get these for 850 from alpha stores in vile parle/andheri.

btw my friend f'd up my earphones which i gave for replacement and the new ones seem to have improved not in sound but in my earlier ones i could easily hear my footsteps but now it's very low and bearable.maybe like zeeshan said my friend might have played them on extremely high volume and also might have kept all night long.

even many friends in college who wanna listen using them(feels gr8 when they ask for it)they turn up the volume to insanely high levels.i mean if u're getting a product way better than urs then why exploit it if it's there.it's not like these are made by intel or nvidia :D

harish_21_10

In the zone
i bought them today and i am impressed...but as mentioned in the review here,the build quality is no all that good...but the comfort level is very good and so is the audio quality...havent used it much so lets see how it goes...

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
for how much.like i said the build quality is ok.i get so scared sometime that i'll rip the cable off accidently.anyways let them settle down for a week and then there wont be going down from there.u simpley wouldnt like anything to hear except on ep-630

harish_21_10

In the zone
i got them for 950Rs and yeah i do fear of the cable coz i was using Sandisk earphones before it got screwed but i was at fault too for that...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I've capped me iPod volume to 70% of the Max and i too use the EP 630 .

At 70% they are distinctly loud to cause you a bit of discomfort but reproduce sound perfectly .

As for the cracking part , The EP 630 have a lower impedance than the creative headphones , meaning they are more energy efficient and produce more loudness at the same input signal .

Thus 100% for your iPod speakers is roughly equal to 74% of the signal required to drive the EP 630 to the same decibel level .

And please keep the volume low , this will save both your ears and your earphones from damage .

+1. I have a lock at 60% volume level as that is more than enough for all my songs. My entire collection is original and since I only use dbpoweramp for convertion, all my songs are at same volume level. Only Rahman's discs are a bit loud even at same bitrate (donno why).

It's better to be safe than be sorry. I think 70% is more than enough but 50% is the safest listening levels on EP-630. Anything more than that is like slow poison to your ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom