Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Abhishek Dwivedi

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
lol
hp and compaq are same ??
they r same in respect to company just pepsi and fanta but their pin to aeroplane is totally different.

had it been same y would guyz go for hp laptops which r very costlier compared to compaq ??

well i personally hate compaq and I FEEL that Compaq in no way can giv competition to Hp Laptops

oh my...:(:):eek::p:mad::eek::cool::))...really...gosh...ok...good...nice....thx....but u got any suggestions related to the topic??

ultimategpu said:
I dont know what to say dude for the laptop cooling , there is only one cooling solution for the laptop its LAPTOP COOLING PAD
if the lappy shutdowns for the C++ means godsake what to say ,, :sad:
oye dara mat.... :-s

1 thing is final...i need a cooling pad ASAP...any suggestion on the best and not so heavy on the pocket thingy?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Before spending so much, do consult the service centre or some hardware guy. I am suggesting this because a cooling pad is not a 'curative' but just a 'symptomatic' treatment. Things could worsen and soon you may to spend some more on repairs. Do think twice before spending. Probably, there will be a 'cure' which will will not only save you from the comfort of buying and carrying the cooling pad, but also future expenses that you may encur on repairs.

superczar

-n00b-
It's rather obviously a heatsink issue
It seems the Northbridge and CPU aren't making proper contact with the thermal transfer tube
(laptops have a single heat transfer tube that runs across the mobo over the CPU and Northbridge)

If it's in warranty, get the thermal tub e reattached by the service center
if its out of warranty, grab the service maual for your model, get a tube of AS5 or similar, and reattach the thermal tube after applying AS5 properly

PS: For the guys suggesting a windows reinstall/malware removal...Isnt the speedfan readings and graphical artifacting a clear sign of the CPU and Northbridge overheating...
Even a 100% CPU+GPU loading for several hours will not raise the temps this high ....Please refrain from doling out senseless advice when you are clueless about the reasons

rosemolr

Journeyman
AMD....I heard that amd will generate more heat...but i thought they had solved that problem..looks like the **(&^&* not yet gone

OP
Abhishek Dwivedi

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
It seems the Northbridge and CPU aren't making proper contact with the thermal transfer tube
(laptops have a single heat transfer tube that runs across the mobo over the CPU and Northbridge)

if its out of warranty, grab the service maual for your model, get a tube of AS5 or similar, and reattach the thermal tube after applying AS5 properly

PS: For the guys suggesting a windows reinstall/malware removal...Isnt the speedfan readings and graphical artifacting a clear sign of the CPU and Northbridge overheating...
Even a 100% CPU+GPU loading for several hours will not raise the temps this high ....Please refrain from doling out senseless advice when you are clueless about the reasons

bingo...a heatsink n northbridge issue...i expectd it...it ran out of warranty this august and so am kinda screwed but i can still go to the service center guys n get it fixed for some cash...
@rohan: am off for the service center...
but these HP Service Center guys are completely n00bs..thy only know how to replace a thing...thy never give any reason for the malfunction...(atleast in ma city)...

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

+1. While going through the thread from the beggining, I was wondering If anybody got it right or not. :p

@Abhishek dwivedi. Some may say that as its AMD, it'll heat up more. Thats not true to the extent it is being told. Yes, certain AMD proccied laptops do tend to heat up.. But with cool n quiet installed even they didnt give any problems..

Its 200% a heating issue. Maybe Haeatsink aint connected well. Maybe fan is not working well? sing a slowdown (as you mentioned). When it gets unbearable, the BIOS turns off the system...

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
AMD....I heard that amd will generate more heat...but i thought they had solved that problem..looks like the **(&^&* not yet gone

"AMD turion" does not produce more heat ,, its because some issues in the heatsink fan and the processor ,, surely have to check with the hardwares correctly

superczar

-n00b-
@rohan: am off for the service center...
but these HP Service Center guys are completely n00bs..thy only know how to replace a thing...thy never give any reason for the malfunction...(atleast in ma city)...

It's easier and more effective to do it yourself
Just google for a Compaq V3000 service manual, and follow the instructions for the CPU replacement (no, you don't need to change the CPU, just that the instructions for CPU change will give you exact directions on hoow to disassemble and remove, then reattch the sink)

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ Nah, a minor heating issue can be fixed by anybody in the service center.. I just think some wire of the fan has come out. Or the heatsink aint seated well.
@Abhishek. Is it already out of Warranty period? :confused:

superczar

-n00b-
relax.. it isnt too difficult

Just follow the instructions from this:
*h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035667.pdf

OP
Abhishek Dwivedi

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
nice...cool...easy as a pie...DUDE!!!! this is freaking..remove Hard drive, Optical drive, Keyboard, Switch cover, Display assembly, Top cover & System board...forget it...am bettr with the service center...am going to thm 2moro

PhB

Jughead!!!
Okay my reply is not about heating issues. It is just a suggestion for TC. Try running TC under Dosbox cause when you run it in NTVDM the CPU usage shoots upto 100%. Maybe it will ease the CPU load.

OP
Abhishek Dwivedi

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
Okay my reply is not about heating issues. It is just a suggestion for TC. Try running TC under Dosbox cause when you run it in NTVDM the CPU usage shoots upto 100%. Maybe it will ease the CPU load.
DOSbox...hmm...how to do that?

superczar

-n00b-
it's all modular dude
but then if you aren't comfortable with the idea, the implementation would suffer :p
get it done at the serv. center

Try running TC under Dosbox cause when you run it in NTVDM the CPU usage shoots upto 100%. Maybe it will ease the CPU load.
yeah , right... loading the cpu to 100% (which can far more easily be done by running something as small as superPi) will magically reseat the heatsink properly :lol:

Last edited:
OP
Abhishek Dwivedi

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
ok...here is the story till now:

I went to the HP Service Center yesterday where i was LITERATELY forced to submit my laptop regardless of my priority request to the manager. The reason they gave me was "Diagnosis".

"OKKKKkkkkk"...

I finally dropped my laptop there yesterday at 1pm(IST). The issues which i reported to them were:
(i) Over Heating
(ii) DVD Writer is not reading & burning CD/DVD occasionally

I called them today morning and was informed that that my laptop was fixed and i can receive it.
When i reached there, they got me my laptop. When i asked that Engineer about the Heating Issue, he said: "Sir, there was lots of dust n all. I've removed n cleaned it. Its fine now".
When i asked them about the DVD writer, the guy went blank. He hesitate for few sec. and then said: "Voooo....u plz get it replaced."
I said: "Ok, can i please have the DIAGNOSTIC reports for both of the issues"
and again the guy went blank...:mad:

I went to the Manager and told him the complete scene and he said:
"Am sorry sir, but at HP SERVICE CENTER we only replace parts and do not diagnose or repair them"...i was like WHAT THE BLOODY FU*K is this man:mad::mad:

By the time was the talking to that guy, my laptop temperature increased back to 71C(processor) and 80C(Graphic card).
When i showed that to them, the engineer said: "Sir, AMD & Nvidia offen heat and 70C to 80C is normal"...i was again like wtf

I had a long debate with them and finally returned home at 5pm(IST) without paying them the bill of 750INR+Tax.

Now, what to do of the heating problem? Should i open up on my own?
And, whats wrong with my DVD Burner (MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S) ? It does not read the CD and some times read the DVD, when i burn a DVD, it often gives error at 99%...
Is my lappy completely screwed up? Its only 15months old:(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
When i showed that to them, the engineer said: "Sir, AMD & Nvidia offen heat and 70C to 80C is normal"...i was again like wtf
Wrong!
After using it for 3days non-stop, Temp of my cpu(AMD Athlon) is 39C.
Even under 100% load it never goes past 50C.
Still AMD has designed its CPU to take temp upto 90C safely, After that a Thermal Cutout is done in-order to save CPU from frying.

Now, what to do of the heating problem? Should i open up on my own?

Yeah, as supercars said, grab service manual and try to find out the problem.
If you are not comfortable with that then, try at local Hardware repair shops.

And, whats wrong with my DVD Burner (MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S) ? It does not read the CD and some times read the DVD, when i burn a DVD, it often gives error at 99%...
The drive might be reaching its End-of-life.and you need to replace it with new one. But before getting a new one, Try cleaning the lens of drive.

Is my lappy completely screwed up? Its only 15months old:(

No boss, just minor repairs are needed.
Also, every machine needs to be maintained, failing which it would malfunction.

As temp solution, Try RM Clock. using this undervolt your CPU to 50% of its capacity. things would run slower but any further damage would not take place.

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
I told you. I got the same model and its overheating too.
its not a fault of a particular laptop.

I use the laptop very occasionally. many laptop of this model go dead after 16 months.
on net I have read many reports of this laptop going dead suddenly.

BTW, if you find a solution. please share it with everyone.

I have one solution: except the LCD screen, RAM , hard disk, battery, ports-- Replace everything in the laptop.

Is that possible? how much cost?

P.S.: My post can be found on the first page of this thread. but nobody paid attention to it. otherwise u could have saved 750 bucks.
the real reason is the faulty nvidia chipset. the entire chipset series of the model in this laptop is faulty.
and you should not have paid the money.
Hp had increased the warranty of all laptops of this model for 2 yrs.

Have a look at this and you will be shocked:
*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us

but nobody paid attention to my post.
so I did not care too!

Last edited:
OP
Abhishek Dwivedi

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
P.S.: My post can be found on the first page of this thread. but nobody paid attention to it. otherwise u could have saved 750 bucks.

hehehe...i didn't pay them Rs.750...i explained my point to the manager there and got him pissed and he asked me to leave without paying the bills...

@TECH_MANAGER: Where have thy mentioned that the warranty has been increased to 2 years? My lappy is 15 months old, will this apply to mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom