My Lab Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
check these pro-headphones-
*www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?Maincatid=F&ProdID=563

cost a little less than mentioned there.but these sound great.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, like I said already, I cannot buy a speaker of Rs 2,500 from Philips, but I can buy a headphone of Rs 3,700 from Philips.

My friend works in Planet M here so I went there & checked the Philips HiFi SHP8900 headphones for Rs 3,700. They were on the higher side compared to my old Philips HM2500 headphones for Rs 1,000 but these are much better in audio reproduction even at only 40% volume. They have noise cancellation & have dual detachable cord made of rubber. They are very comfortable to wear...& I have a to say, I am not an Audiophile but they rock.....:grin:

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/633/philipsshp8900ll0.th.jpg

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/6936/headphonepackettp0.jpg

So that leaves 2 more things to buy, a good keyboard which I might not need to buy at all if Digital Media Pro keyboard is good enough for me, else Digital Media 3000 keyboard as soon as it hits the market here. Then LCD Monitor.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@GX
Its either Intel Desktop Utilities or Intel Active Monitor (deprecated) which will work for you. All other utils will show you wrong readings. See the difference b/w Everest and speedfan? All will show different/wrong reading. Intel has changed the way in which the board's sensors are probed.

Hmmm... I would never use headphones fulltime! I can surely assess the damage it has already made!!!

@narangz
Yes, the case temp. of GX's system is hhhhhhhhhot!!

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@GX
Its either Intel Desktop Utilities or Intel Active Monitor (deprecated) which will work for you. All other utils will show you wrong readings. See the difference b/w Everest and speedfan? All will show different/wrong reading. Intel has changed the way in which the board's sensors are probed.

I downloaded Intel Desktop Utilities but it is not showing anything. According to the download Page, the Intel G31 chipset is not supported.

Hmmm... I would never use headphones fulltime! I can surely assess the damage it has already made!!!

I also don't use them full time, I listen to music or play games or movies once in a while only, so head phones are good enough.

@narangz
Yes, the case temp. of GX's system is hhhhhhhhhot!!

Assuming the readings are correct :D

Next trip to the computer market is on Wednesday to get the TV Tuner card, I hope it arrives on time. Till then, I m working...

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Then just check your mobo CD. It will mostly haf either Intel Active Monitor or Desktop Utilities. Use that for hardware monitoring.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
try removing the heatsink off the processor,apply Arctic paste and then check for temps. i had a similar issue which was due to poor heatsink contact.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@gx ur mobo temps are really scary

my gigabyte 6150/430 mobo remains at 28-32 degree C these days

I know they are, but if I touch the motherboard the temps are cool. Like I said, I don't trust Everest's temprature monitoring. Don't know how to reduce the temprature....more fans maybe???

Then just check your mobo CD. It will mostly haf either Intel Active Monitor or Desktop Utilities. Use that for hardware monitoring

Is it working for you? Then plz upload the version which is working for u.

try removing the heatsink off the processor,apply Arctic paste and then check for temps. i had a similar issue which was due to poor heatsink contact.

I have oredered a new arctic silver 5 paste from ITwares, will come in few days.

Can't the sensor give me wrong readings? Things are working smooth so far & no problems....so why do the hassle? Just have a look, my Aux temperature can't be 124C

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@GX
Yeah, I downloaded the latest Intel Desktop Utilities and its working great. This is the only program that gives correct sensor info for me (G33 chipset, ICH9DH)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Can u provide link or upload the version u have?

Intel Desktop utilities isn't supposed to work with Intel G31 chipset. It is not supported as shown in the documents a intel.com

Hey, Since I am not into over clocking do I need a 3rd party CPU cooler or should I stick to the default Intel supplied cooler? How are cooler master Hyper L3

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Thats strange Intel has to support some kinda monitoring software for sure!

Anyways this isthe link to IDU: *downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_re...dows+Vista*+32&lang=eng&strOSs=164&submit=Go!

Yes, I do see that DG31PR is not supported:
*downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_re...dows+Vista*+32&lang=eng&strOSs=164&submit=Go!

This is really strange! This means you don't haf an accurate means to hardware monitoring!!!

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, so what now? I am assuming my BIOS readings to be correct & no other reading proper.

So, assuming the BIOS readings are correct, should I stick to the default cooler or should I buy a 3rd party cooler when I am not over clocking.

Since there is no mention of SMPS, I m going to keep the Zebronics Plantium 400W

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i dont find anything related to SMPS for the temps.i had a wierd Intex 450w psu that i used on my pc for 1 month-it had fluctuations but no temp trouble.once with intel board we had this prob and it was fixed by applying thermal paste.even the motherboard that i use now (P5n32sli) had northbridge cooling issue due to dry thermal paste.its not a inadequate cooling issue-i mean these proccys run cool with stock fans and there's no need to invest in a cooler until u r overclocking to a large extent

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, then I am sticking to the default CPU cooler.

I have orderd the Arctic Silver 5 paste from ITwares today, it will be here in 7 days. I will apply that on my CPU & GPU, Northbridge cooler is installed with Thermal Glu due to which it cannot be removed from the chipset northbridge.

Ok, so anything else left????

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I tried ITWares but thre was no reply so my friend is buying one & bringing it to lucknow with him from Delhi. He is also buying the Microsoft Keyboard if available.
Yep, I don't think its available there. Tried Computer Warehouse, Bangalore too.

AS5 is nowhere available. The S.P Road here (local Computer Market of Bangalore) is clueless about AS5. They stare at my face when I ask them about AS5 like fools!

Thing is we still lack performance products in the mass Indian markets :(

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
IS MX2 better than AS5?
MX2 is an insulator too,but AS5 is a current conductor nd cud be dangeroes. MX2 is bit more expensive than AS5.
And how is coolerMaster tube? Its much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom