My Lab Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Once Chip provided a 2.5GB 1080p video on their DVD. Im using it to benchmark. The proccy utilization rises to bout 30~40% both cores while playing it.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I got the zebronics platinum 400W SMPS here for 1 day with me today & guess what, Everest is still showing similar ratings. Now, I don't know who to trust for this....I will be ordering Cooler Master Extreme Power 380W SMPS from ITWares soon as my CPU needs 260W & 380W should be more then enough.

Choto, don't send me the Zebby 500W PSU.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
I got the zebronics platinum 400W SMPS here for 1 day with me today & guess what, Everest is still showing similar ratings. Now, I don't know who to trust for this....I will be ordering Cooler Master Extreme Power 380W SMPS from ITWares soon as my CPU needs 260W & 380W should be more then enough.

Choto, don't send me the Zebby 500W PSU.

dont get CM 380W as it has been discontinued..
CM 390W is available in NP for as low as 1700 bucks....i have this in one of my pc..
at idle load its 12.190v at 12v railing & at max load its 12.09v...it dosent drops more than this...guess what its pretty decent for 1700 bucks ;)

but since if u need real 260w then i'm afraid that can it really give "real 260w"....he he better ask darky

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Now I m really confused. I have Zebronics Platinum 400W SMPS in my cabinet right now, which I have to return back on monday. Here is a photo of BIOS readings & here is a pic of Everest...

*i32.tinypic.com/1412trt.jpg

*img519.imageshack.us/img519/1410/shotbf0.jpg

Now what is broken here? The BIOS, hardware sensor or Everest.

By the way, After installing this new SMPS, my GPU temperature has decresed further :D

Another thing, I inquired in the market today. Samsung Syncmaster 920NW is available for Rs 9,700. Now I don't have to worry about samsung warranty etc as it is easily available. So is LG...but what about Dell E198WFP ? Since I got my TV Tuner now, the only thing left is an LCD Monitor.

How will I get service from Dell? Samsung service center is just next door from my home.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@gx
so u have a tube light left to u:D:D

the GPU temps @ 41 is really cool and so is the CPU temps
And nothin is broken. Actually the voltage rating n each connector varies according to even slight load difference. No need to worry.

Most gcards with external power shows " not enuf power warning" in case of insufficient power, and Zeb 400W is more than enuf for urs.
And its a stable one too. There is no need to change it with CM 380w one.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
the GPU temps @ 41 is really cool and so is the CPU temps

That's because computer just rebooted.

And nothin is broken. Actually the voltage rating n each connector varies according to even slight load difference. No need to worry.

What about 13.56v on 12v line? Is that safe cos Darklord said it is not.

It is showing the same 13.56 volt with the default 500W SMPS & new Zebby 400W SMPS, which makes me believe that the sensor is broken.

Most gcards with external power shows " not enuf power warning" in case of insufficient power, and Zeb 400W is more than enuf for urs.

My card doesn't require any external power. 400W is maximum power but what is the real power, that is the question. I need 260W real power as shown in the PSU requirment test on first page of this thread. So if 400W SMPS is even 70% efficient, even then I get 280W power which is good enough for me.

And its a stable one too. There is no need to change it with CM 380w one.

So should I keep the Zebronics 400W which I have with me & ditch the idea to buy a 500W SMPS?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
try updating the mobo firmware nad mobo driver too.
My CPU temps showed almost 10~12c more while i was using old firmware.
It showed 75c on CPu but the heatsink remained somewhat cool. But now it showing 59~61c at full load.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
GX, just use the PSU a little longer and if a problem arises then change it. For now its working fine as you have mentioned. BTW, zebronics is much better option than those intex,iball,mercury psu.........so give it a chance. But yes those voltage ratings do look a little scary :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
if it shows 13.xx on both PSU, then it might be some other problem like faulty sensor or somethin. 400W platinum is enuf to run an HD 3650 for sure, and uvent even oced yet.
Wait till next firmware releases.
Or if u can get better PSU for a lil more bucks, go for it as u can add more HDDS and oc better in future.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
GX, just use the PSU a little longer and if a problem arises then change it. For now its working fine as you have mentioned. BTW, zebronics is much better option than those intex,iball,mercury psu.........so give it a chance. But yes those voltage ratings do look a little scary :D

Grrrrrr....I don't trust everest anymore.

I just updated to new BIOS 047 for Intel DG31PR motherboard 10 mins ago. System stats are still the same.

I tried darklords method, ran Orthos while keeping everest open. The CPU temperature increased as expected but there was no drop in +12W voltage, it stayed static at 13.5V. The sensor is indeed broken in my case...

Like john said, I am going to use it till there is some problem.

Ok so now, my Super duper workstation is almost about to finish in construction. :D Media Center needs are fulfilled by Leadtek TV Tuner

One more thing, I am going to blast Microsoft marketing department soon :D

I ordered Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard from Microsoft company store recently for free, it is on it's way to my home but now Microsoft has released a much sleeker, black keyboard known as Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000. Just look at the 0 degree tilt & sleekness, this thing is a beauty & it is wired (important for me)

*www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/images/products/dmk3k/mk_largerview_dmk3k.jpg

The current Ergonomics keyboard 4000 & new digital media keyboard both are 19 cm long, a bit long for my Computer table, but the new Digital media 3000 keybaord will fit perfectly here.... grrrr...can't Microsoft inform me before releasing new keybaord :D

Although this new keyboard isn't available on Company store, so I will need to buy it from the market only...

Anyone willing to buy a 1 year old Natural Ergonomics keyboard or new unpacked Digital Media Pro keyboard :D

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It is USB. The keyboard was released to shipping on 11 March, it's not available here right now.

I can still sale u my digital media pro keyboard, but first let me go to the market tomorrow & find out some alternative keyboard, maybe keyboards available from Frontech.. Where are u situated?

I was looking at some speaker sets. Is Creative Gigaworks T20 speaker set available in India? This is the most beautiful set of speakers I have ever seen ...:drool

*cache.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/GigaWorks-T20.jpg

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@GX
With G/P/31/33/35 Intel intro'd HECI interface, hence most of the sensors give wrong data. To get accurate measurements, use Intel Desktop utilities for monitoring temps, voltages and fan speeds.

Ouch... 63C mobo temp is hhhhhhhhot!! (if true...)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@gx , does speed fan show the same 12V ? i think ur BIOS readings are more accurate . but 11.6v seems rather low to me. below 11.4 should turn off ur pc .. and dont forget capacitor aging .

narangz

Web developer
@GX
With G/P/31/33/35 Intel intro'd HECI interface, hence most of the sensors give wrong data. To get accurate measurements, use Intel Desktop utilities for monitoring temps, voltages and fan speeds.

Ouch... 63C mobo temp is hhhhhhhhot!! (if true...)

My PC's temp:
*img517.imageshack.us/img517/640/23281403dc4.th.jpg

Q-Fan enabled.

These temps are on summer's onset.

Aren't GX's temp way too hot?

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
@gx

ratings of PSU's is BS.
corsair VX 450 has a rating of 450w & CM600 has a rating of 600w but vx450 outperforms cm600 in power ..plus vx450 has neat & clean power & is silent too
corsair HX620 gives 700w, yeah more than its rated power

when i had to decide between powersafe 500w silver,zebby 500w platinum & CM 390, i chose CM 390 as it has more power at 12v railing than zebby 500w platinum & im pretty much sure that it is better than zebby 500w platinum and IME CM390 gives a steady 250-260w of real power

secondly dont get 920NW,LG 194WS they are POS
get LG194WT or dell SE198WFP/E198WFP or a 22" to really enjoy tv;)

for speakers dont look beyond klipsch promedia ultra 2.0 if u want some accurate sound for the bucks @6.6k or next is audioengine AE2

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Noooooooooooooooooooooo, why does my dreams of having a good speaker set shattered everytime I want to buy one. :(...Mom's order "Buy headphones & keep the audio to yourself only"

Speakers are canceled, bu hu hu hu *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/20.gif

Ok so now I am in the market to buy some High quality headphones. Right now I am using Philips HP-250 headphones since the last 2 years & they are nice, however, anyone has experience with Philips HP-270 headphones? They cost Rs 1,500. My friend works in Planet M so he can help me in deciding headphones by listening to them for quite some time....

This is a screenshot of SpeedFan.

*img72.imageshack.us/img72/639/snag0001wa0.jpg

I downloaded it, but it was not giving me any info, some 16 MB file.

CM390 gives a steady 250-260w of real power

How much is it available for?

LCD monitor can wait.

Speakers are canceled, bu hu hu hu, But if I ever buy them, they are going to be Creative Gigaworks T20 only.

For headphones, I am going to inquire whether creative headphones are available here or not. Maybe Creative HQ-1700

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom