Must NOT Watch Movies Thread V1: Personal Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
wow. It's a slow movie but not boring.

At first its interesting but after an hour when you almost know what the story is about it becomes boring.
Moreover There is nothing new in the movie except for the presentation. Maybe thats why it got mixed reviews.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i remember watching a few mins of the beginning of this movie 7-8 years back in my hostel, but then turned it off after sometime partly due to not getting what it was about other than the ailing wife and her husband's efforts or something like that, and partly as it felt boring. however, i saw a bit of its climax 2 days back on TV, and have decided to rewatch it fully this time. the premise though is not inspiring to me, but i really like the overall concept, as i highly like movies with subtle undertones of a non-conventional nature or/and having (deeper) meanings/messages to them, like the Baraka series, Ghost Dog, Life Cycles, The Peaceful Warrior, etc. (not many anyway). The Fountain at the outset now seems to me to be somewhat atleast touching that category, though the truth about which will be clear only when i have watched it; don't want to read about it on imdb or anywhere prior watching.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
At first its interesting but after an hour when you almost know what the story is about it becomes boring.
Moreover There is nothing new in the movie except for the presentation. Maybe thats why it got mixed reviews.

I had mixed feelings as well. But it grew on me. The concept, the art, and the execution.

I watched it again.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Taken 3 - 3/10 ...worst of the lot....had great expectations after seeing the trailer...pathetic action scenes except for few Liam Neeson chops

R2K

In the Zone
^^
Why people fight with Liam Neeson baffles me :D. That guy is stronger than a bear and taller than a coconut tree.

Happy new year
I have few questions & few ideas.

Q1: Am I the only one who thinks I am far far better than farah khan & can direct a movie better than her?
Q2: Did the director of this movie ever passed the school level? Or only due to money she has become a director.
Q3: Is the average indian public so dumb?

I think

1. Homosexual people who wants to sleep with SRK may love this movie.
2. People who never had any educational background may love this movie.
3. People who never have seen any movie may consider it as an average flick.
4. A Xth standard student can write a far better essay than this film & I am serious because I have seen that.
5. Your dustbin is better than this movie.

DVJex

In the zone
^ Thanks for the lols.
Q3. Kinda yea. Look at the following of certain politicial parties. You'll know how stupid people are.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Taken 3 - 3/10 ...worst of the lot....had great expectations after seeing the trailer...pathetic action scenes except for few Liam Neeson chops
was only faintly interested in taken 3 after seeing its poster (haven't watched its trailer), but taken 2 was a sign of how (bad) the 3rd iteration will be.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Happy new year
I have few questions & few ideas.

Q1: Am I the only one who thinks I am far far better than farah khan & can direct a movie better than her?
Q2: Did the director of this movie ever passed the school level? Or only due to money she has become a director.
Q3: Is the average indian public so dumb?

I think

1. Homosexual people who wants to sleep with SRK may love this movie.
2. People who never had any educational background may love this movie.
3. People who never have seen any movie may consider it as an average flick.
4. A Xth standard student can write a far better essay than this film & I am serious because I have seen that.
5. Your dustbin is better than this movie.

Q- Why do you keep watching these kind of movies even though you clearly hate them ? Do you still have hope that these directors would produce quality movies some day ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Q- Why do you keep watching these kind of movies even though you clearly hate them ? Do you still have hope that these directors would produce quality movies some day ?
It could be that you get to watch such movies by chance and you don't have any choice in the matter. Such as when you are traveling by bus and they play a pirated version of the same on their DVD players, or when you go or with friends and it's a general consensus to watch such a film.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
It could be that you get to watch such movies by chance and you don't have any choice in the matter. Such as when you are traveling by bus and they play a pirated version of the same on their DVD players, or when you go or with friends and it's a general consensus to watch such a film.

The 2nd option sounds like a great chance to
- save some money
- make good use of 3 hours
- make new friends

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
They can watch the movie alone .. No need for us to suffer because they like it

I mean if you enjoy movie with extreme gore / disturbing content & if the wife/gf didn't like that genre, would you expect them to watch it with you ?

Top Bottom