Must NOT Watch Movies Thread V1: Personal Opinions

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Dark City. Pathetic. Absurd, Poor story. Poorly presented. Felt sleepy again, typical pyscho freak...imo. But it's a Must Watch for the Psycho Lovers :)

Dark City (1998) - IMDb

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dark City. Pathetic. Disgusting. Poor story. Felt sleepy again, typical pyscho freak...

Dark City (1998) - IMDb

Why are you watching such movies??? Please stay from them, you are not yet ready for these.

"Dark City" pathetic?!!! Uthale bhagwan uthale.........mujhe nahi, isse....

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Why are you watching such movies??? Please stay from them, you are not yet ready for these.

"Dark City" pathetic?!!! Uthale bhagwan uthale.........mujhe

Well you are really embarrassing me. Dark City is a pathetic movie, that's nuff said. And I don't wanna be ready for some psycho freak movie. You like that category, it's OK, but don't advice me what movie I should see, in this part I wanna be on my own. Thank you.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I' m not advising you on what to watch rather telling to stay away from such psycho movies. Its not ur category, you have already told number of times, then why still watch 'em?

Yes, psycho is my one of fav. genre but, irrespective that "Dark City" is a classic movie. But a reaction like me is obvious when you question the popularity of a certain established movie. The movie is close to me, thus I reacted.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Sorry if I hurt your feeling/s related with the movie, but I will keep watching these categories, I watch all category anyway, as all of'em not that badly made(for eg. Disturbia, Salton Sea, and a lot of others I can't remember right now). And I hope this thread is free for users to share their view. Besides I really don't care about popularity or rating (high for this matter)of a movie. IMDB gave it a 7.8 or something like that. But I'll give it a 4/10 max.
Anyway in future you shouldn't take anything personally. My purpose is to share a movie which I didn't like at all here, not to hurt anyone's feeling, never.

Krow

Crowman
Dark City. Pathetic. Disgusting. Poor story. Felt sleepy again, typical pyscho freak...
Hmmm really? What do you mean by typical psycho freak? How is the movie "pathetic" and "disgusting"? Poor story?

IMHO Dark City has a very good story and is a must watch for those who like scifi. The movie cannot be a "psycho freak" as quite obviously a person can be that but not a movie. Please clarify what you mean by that. Examples of similar typical movies would help too.

"Dark City" pathetic?!!! Uthale bhagwan uthale.........mujhe nahi, isse....
Agreed totally.
Well you are really embarrassing me. Dark City is a pathetic movie, that's nuff said. And I don't wanna be ready for some psycho freak movie. You like that category, it's OK, but don't advice me what movie I should see, in this part I wanna be on my own. Thank you.
Dark City is not a pathetic movie at all. In fact it is said to be the inspiration for "The Matrix". I hope you liked The Matrix at least. Nobody advised you regarding which movie you should see. Rhitwick merely meant that you should not watch movies of genres you are not fond of.

Sorry if I hurt your feeling/s related with the movie, but I will keep watching these categories, I watch all category anyway, as all of'em not that badly made(for eg. Disturbia, Salton Sea, and a lot of others I can't remember right now). And I hope this thread is free for users to share their view. Besides I really don't care about popularity or rating (high for this matter)of a movie. IMDB gave it a 7.8 or something like that. But I'll give it a 4/10 max.
Anyway in future you shouldn't take anything personally. My purpose is to share a movie which I didn't like at all here, not to hurt anyone's feeling, never.
Opinions are personal, I agree with you there. I am sure your post would not have got such a reaction from us if you had put it more mildly. Harshness and that too on great films is bound to get people to react.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pirates of Caribbean: On stranger Tides

average story, ok dialogues, 3D is a gimmick and it gets a 5 on 10. You can watch this movie with your 4-5 chick friends if you are 17 years or under. That's that.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hmmm really? What do you mean by typical psycho freak? How is the movie "pathetic" and "disgusting"? Poor story?

IMHO Dark City has a very good story and is a must watch for those who like scifi. The movie cannot be a "psycho freak" as quite obviously a person can be that but not a movie. Please clarify what you mean by that. Examples of similar typical movies would help too.
I mean psycho freak by psycho freak. One of the most poor storied movie I've ever seen frankly. I'll never like some out of the world stuff, especially when it has been putted/implied that badly in a movie.

Dark City is not a pathetic movie at all. In fact it is said to be the inspiration for "The Matrix". I hope you liked The Matrix at least. Nobody advised you regarding which movie you should see. Rhitwick merely meant that you should not watch movies of genres you are not fond of.
There is no comparison between Matrix and this one.

Opinions are personal, I agree with you there. I am sure your post would not have got such a reaction from us if you had put it more mildly. Harshness and that too on great films is bound to get people to react.
As I said I didn't want to hurt anyone's feeling, if it had been done then it happened unknowingly/unintentionally. Didn't want to be harsh, but the movie made me to provide harsh comments.

I don't wanna go with anymore debate regarding this. I said what I thought correct. Well, you like one movie, that's different, but going to the far end line for the reasons of your liking, that doesn't matter. That's why a very good movie gets 5/10 rating and a poor one gets 7-8/10.

Pirates of Caribbean: On stranger Tides

average story, ok dialogues, 3D is a gimmick and it gets a 5 on 10. You can watch this movie with your 4-5 chick friends if you are 17 years or under. That's that.

First decide where you gonna put it, you putted the same in Must watch and here in Must Not watch :!:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I mean psycho freak by psycho freak. One of the most poor storied movie I've ever seen frankly. I'll never like some out of the world stuff, especially when it has been putted/implied that badly in a movie.
Seriously, I told you, you are not mature enough to understand these movies. YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND THIS MOVIE. Period.

Now, stop watching psycho movies, because if you continue you are gonna bullsh1ting more about more classics.

The problem is in you, not in the movie.

Even Wachowski brothers won't agree with you here.

Now I'm more interested to listen from you which all movies you consider are good movies.

Now, if you are not angry and not thinking I'm challenging your intelligence level, I'm really interested to know which genre u fall.

Do post your fav. movies list in "Must watch..." thread.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Ohhhhhh....how many times are you gonna embarrass me? First of all, please do look at the Must watch thread coz I post almost regularly there about the movies I like. I like most of them, coz I read the story, and some reviews before watching (same went for Dark City). And whatever you say, my intelligence level, maturity and blah blah, it doesn't matter to me. I'll keep watching good movies, and bad ones like Dark City, there is no particular Genre I like, and will keep posting them in Must and Must Not watch for following good and bad/worst movies. I know what I said about Dark City, The Others, I am Number Four etc..movies, and as long as I live my view won't change.
If someone has any personal problem regarding it, then I am sorry. But for that I can't hold my view/thought. I hope this is the last time we are discussing about an OFF Topic stuff, all these posts should be Deleted anyway, so we both shouldn't waste out times by typing these blah blah's here. Why don't you carry on with your view and same goes for me? Is a big problem there? Not with me course. I never argued on someone else comment even if it's lolable, so why you?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.msnhiddenemoticons.com/Library/extra_large/skyrock/default/punch.jpg

Krow

Crowman
Should be "one of the most poor stories in movies I have seen" and "put" instead of putted.

You liked that Zohan movie and you say Dark City has a poor story? >.<
If you read online about the two movies, you will find that many people say that The Matrix = Dark City + Hollywood masala action.
As I said I didn't want to hurt anyone's feeling, if it had been done then it happened unknowingly/unintentionally. Didn't want to be harsh, but the movie made me to provide harsh comments.
If you can't bear a movie, please don't torture yourself by watching it whole. That's all.
Lol...don't argue with a guy who don't know counting.
122 crore thread, anyone?
:lol: :+1:
by now i think you must have got my point.
Nice post there. Please don't delete that. You made perfect sense to me for sure. Let us hope ithehappy is happy and stops making posts which are flamebaits. :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I need one straight answer. Is this Forum free to users to post their comments or not? A simple Yes or No would do.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Its a public forum and if ur opinion conflicts with others there will be "discussion".

"Must watch" and "Must not watch" threads started with movie logging thread but now they have gone past that time. Its more like a movie discussion thread now. People here now not only post the movie name they watched rather posts one or two more lines on their opinion about the movie.

And, when you do that, u call for a discussion. We have had such discussion in past too, about "A clock work orange", "Shining", "Transformers 2", "Inception" etc.

What is the problem with a healthy discussion?

And, I'm now telling my case why I asked "ithehappy" to tell his fav movies because I wanted to know which genre of movies he's more attracted to.

When someone says "Dark City" crap, I at least become surprised. At first I thought he could not understood the movie and it simply bored him (it happens with people, one my fried could not bear "A clock work orange" and thrashed me for 10 minutes for suggesting him that movie).

Then he(ithehappy) told he did not like psycho genre. Now, if u know u don't like a genre why do u watch movies which fall in such genre? (I don't like war theme movies hence always stay away from 'em). Obviously u r a free man, can do watever u want. I'm none to sugget u to do otherwise. My suggestion was to stay away from such movies now, u r not mature enough to understand them (when I started watching movies, the movie "Girl next door" haunted me for half a month, now "Eden Lake" makes no effect on me. I mean to say, yes, even in movie watching there are maturity levels)

I was then surprised by his answer and was more of curious to know which kind of movies he like, hence the question. If he or anyone here thinks my question was to humiliate him, take necessary action.

Top Bottom