Must NOT Watch Movies Thread V1: Personal Opinions

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Its a public forum and if ur opinion conflicts with others there will be "discussion".
This is going way BEYOND discussion. And hope all know I haven't started all this.
"Must watch" and "Must not watch" threads started with movie logging thread but now they have gone past that time. Its more like a movie discussion thread now. People here now not only post the movie name they watched rather posts one or two more lines on their opinion about the movie.

And, when you do that, u call for a discussion. We have had such discussion in past too, about "A clock work orange", "Shining", "Transformers 2", "Inception" etc.
That's OK.

What is the problem with a healthy discussion?
As I said this discussion isn't healthy anymore.

And, I'm now telling my case why I asked "ithehappy" to tell his fav movies because I wanted to know which genre of movies he's more attracted to.

When someone says "Dark City" crap, I at least become surprised. At first I thought he could not understood the movie and it simply bored him (it happens with people, one my fried could not bear "A clock work orange" and thrashed me for 10 minutes for suggesting him that movie).

Then he(ithehappy) told he did not like psycho genre. Now, if u know u don't like a genre why do u watch movies which fall in such genre? (I don't like war theme movies hence always stay away from 'em). Obviously u r a free man, can do watever u want. I'm none to sugget u to do otherwise. My suggestion was to stay away from such movies now, u r not mature enough to understand them (when I started watching movies, the movie "Girl next door" haunted me for half a month, now "Eden Lake" makes no effect on me. I mean to say, yes, even in movie watching there are maturity levels)

I was then surprised by his answer and was more of curious to know which kind of movies he like, hence the question. If he or anyone here thinks my question was to humiliate him, take necessary action.

Completely wrong. I never said I don't like Psycho Genre,(SAW series is one of my favorite) Psycho can't be a Genre, but it's a type which comes under any Genre. And I said I do not like Psycho type movies, saying that again. Also said, not every movie of this type made as bad as Dark City. I never thought of humiliating, don't know why you brought that word !

Anyway, I am editing my comment on Dark City. Hope this time it will be addressed more mildly. And I will do the same for every MUST NOT Watch movies in future, if I find movies like The Others, Dark City and etc. again.

I said in my first reply that my intention wasn't to hurt anyone's personal feeling, so this Invalid discussions should have stopped far earlier. But then again, I will keep posting a bad/worst movie here, even if it is very touchy and favorite to others, as I found it bad, there won't be any intention of hurting anyone's feeling. One more thing, it started between you and me, have no idea about some meaningless in between posts, especially someone who didn't even watch the movie.

Regards.

@ithehappy: Come on! Just read and forget :)
I'd the happiest person on earth if I could do that. Still, thanks for your advice.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
(it happens with people, one my fried could not bear "A clock work orange" and thrashed me for 10 minutes for suggesting him that movie).

I think its me....:grin:

some of the best psycho movies are
1.High Tension
2.American Psycho
3.Chain Texas Massacre

shantanu

Technomancer
Please maintain the forum decorum. @rhitwick & @ithehappy : please stay calm. It's a discussion not a fight.

@ithehappy: yes you have a right to express your opinion/comments. Nobody is stopping you from that. Just that others have the same right too.

EDIT: I am so very appologetic, I meant Rhitwick not Quan Chi. Was reading his post while typing so instead mistyped quan chi. Please Ignore

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Please maintain the forum decorum. @quan chi & @ithehappy : please stay calm. It's a discussion not a fight.

@ithehappy: yes you have a right to express your opinion/comments. Nobody is stopping you from that. Just that others have the same right too.

I am calm, very calm, sir. I absolutely agree with you, it's a discussion, not a fight. But if you read the above posts of others then you will know it.

I just expressed my opinion, but others (not Rhitwick) aren't sharing their opinion but they are trying to be very smart.
Anyway, as I said I don't wanna go on with this Off Topic items anymore. I think Rhitwick will agree with me.

DarkDante

Journeyman
Guys!GUYS! chill.
As i always say, "each to their own./To each his own."
so leave it at that!
someone trashes your favorite something-or-the-other,
Leave him be!
my motto is, "i know i am right."
so both of you, keep on thinking that, and leave the other guy to his own opinion.
who knows? if ithehappy may change his opinion afterwards?
and ithehappy, no ones being smart.
anyways, end of discussion.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys!GUYS! chill.
As i always say, "each to their own./To each his own."
so leave it at that!
someone trashes your favorite something-or-the-other,
Leave him be!
my motto is, "i know i am right."
so both of you, keep on thinking that, and leave the other guy to his own opinion.
who knows? if ithehappy may change his opinion afterwards?
and ithehappy, no ones being smart.
anyways, end of discussion.
That's my motto dude..
Nah...that ain't gonna happen :)
Exactly.

LETS JUST FINISH IT.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Rhitwick:
Suggest 2001: A Space Odyssey to the friend who did not like 'Orange...! I doubt he will cross the chimpanzee scene...!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
can we all stop being emo? this is Internet.

Nothing to get touchy about.

and here is a wink. ;)

R2K

In the Zone
can we all stop being emo? this is Internet.

Nothing to get touchy about.

and here is a wink. ;)

yeah right:grin::grin::grin:;-)

@ithehappy and rhitwick

Everyone have different taste when movies are concerned...:)
try to understand that and move on;-)
No offence...but This is just a movie thread in a forum...you ppl are behaving like you are a oscar jury member or something:grin::grin:;-)

Last edited:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
The way Back
i am not entirely sure why i put this gem of a movie in this list,
maybe because it felt incomplete, depressing
otherwise great movie great actors, great story
especially Colin Farell

Red
Complete and utter waste of time
Generic Hollywood bash em Up

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, my previous post in this thread was a soft message for everyone to stop their quarrels but somehow it started all over again and even got extended to the other Movies thread. (that thread has been cleaned up now) So, I decided to lock this thread for a while.

Now you see, "Must watch movies" thread has around 11000 posts whereas this thread has around 600 posts.

This tells me that "Must watch movies" thread is sort of a general movie discussion thread (thinking of renaming it accordingly) and this thread has been traditionally used as a "Hall of Shame" for movies like Ram Gopal Verma ki Aag.

Now here I am echoing quan chi's points:
As a poster you should be smart and decent and should be straightforward + diplomatic both. "my opinion, my arsehole" type of attitude is wrong. Be constructive enough to support your opinion by giving out facts. Only posting "crap, waste of time, poor story, I slept, I want 2 hours of my life back" is not appropriate and would lead to a flammable situation.

Just because you didn't like a particular movie doesn't mean that it will enter the "Hall of Shame" i.e. this thread. Guess what? People have watched movies, rated them 4 on 10 and still posted in the "Must watch movies" thread and also justified themselves properly.

I'll give a small example. A friend of mine was throwing a party at his house and downloaded The Shining (1980). The day before he called me up and asked my thoughts on the movie. I clearly told him that it is a good (psychological horror) movie but not the one which you'll watch in a group with ~10 friends especially with girls around who have movie understanding capability of zero. Still he played that movie and it was a failure and the blame was put on me. I was carrying my external HDD with me which contained movies they would've liked, but I kept my mouth shut.

Not everyone is going to like every type of movie. Opinions might vary, but facts don't. So, build your opinions on facts before posting. Kneejerking is completely wrong and please be humble.

Don't you think this type of argument discussion would have been better?

X: I didn't like Abc movie.
Y: Why didn't you like it? It's a good movie.
X: because <proper description/answer> (preferably without spoilers or spoilers in tags)

Now time to be on-topic. Thanks.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Pirates of Caribbean: On stranger Tides

average story, ok dialogues, 3D is a gimmick and it gets a 5 on 10. You can watch this movie with your 4-5 chick friends if you are 17 years or under. That's that.

Agree with that .
but expected much and watched the first show !
DAmn !

But ur rating is so cheap bro :p ! sure worth a bit more - may be 6 ( for the first time )! :lol: :lol:
Juz for Fun

Top Bottom