Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

^^I used to use audio editing software quite a lot. Ruining songs was my hobby :p
Now its restricted to more constructive stuff. Maybe I'll upload some of my stuff in some time...

samridh94

Right off the assembly line
Hello
I need a bit of guidance.
I am planning to buy a guitar. I'm a novice and i don't know how to play a guitar and what to look for in it. I'll take up a guitar course soon in some institute. Can u please help me out as to what all to look for in a guitar ? Also,is an electric or an acoustic guitar better for beginners ?
Thanx a lot :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Acoustic Giutars are played even by the worlds best guitarists. Hels keep proper fingering and strength in the fingers.

To begin, go to any local music shop and buy a full sized guitar for around Rs.1500. This range is best for beginners.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@axes2t2
I am playing keyboard from around 10 years back, not able to compose a song properly. Can add pieces of my own to a song.

I play Guitar around 2 years and sometimes manage to tune it by the ear

Vignesh B

Youngling
Am playing the keyboards since the last 14 years. Have cleared Grade 8 in Trinity College of Music, London, and have the Intermediate certificate(Grade 5) in Guitar.
Basically I prefer classical compositions. But having played in concerts in Delhi have good touch in Hindi songs.
My personal favourite composers are Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin. And Indian composers-Ilayaraja, RD Burman, AR Rahman.
I also listen to rock, metal, but not have performed in any Rock concerts.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Am playing the keyboards since the last 14 years. Have cleared Grade 8 in Trinity College of Music, London, and have the Intermediate certificate(Grade 5) in Guitar.
Basically I prefer classical compositions. But having played in concerts in Delhi have good touch in Hindi songs.
My personal favourite composers are Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin. And Indian composers-Ilayaraja, RD Burman, AR Rahman.
I also listen to rock, metal, but not have performed in any Rock concerts.

That's very good credentials! And great taste too. Dunno why you are having trouble composing your own songs... I dunno much theory, haven't passed any Trinity or Royal test and I still can compose my own songs!

Vignesh B

Youngling
That's very good credentials! And great taste too. Dunno why you are having trouble composing your own songs... I dunno much theory, haven't passed any Trinity or Royal test and I still can compose my own songs!
Thanks.
By the way I never said, I can't compose songs...
It's good knowing that even tech Guru's know about Music and can compose songs. What type of music do you like?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Thanks.
By the way I never said, I can't compose songs...
It's good knowing that even tech Guru's know about Music and can compose songs. What type of music do you like?

Anything good. Mainly metal/rock/classical... although I'll listen to anything that sounds good to me.

maddu5731

Broken In
Hello friends, I'm not a composer or an instrument player but I like singing....
Even I've recorded some songs using Audacity....
You can check the same @ facebook.com/anshulk2...

Been tinkering around with my guitar a little more now that I finally found some free time and the internet's been helping me quite a lot.

One thing I noticed was, compared to all these classes people take for guitar, which may be from a tutor who often lacks proper fundamentals, its better to learn online from reputed instructors. Its actually worth buying some of the courses online.

One site I liked was metalmethod.com which is run by Doug Marks who was a guitarist with an 80's glam metal band. His complete basic course is bloody awesome.

Another nice online course (this one is free too) is Arlen Roth's lessons hosted on gibson.com here: Gibson Guitar: Electric, Acoustic and Bass Guitars, Baldwin Pianos and it covers pretty much a lot of things.

^^ what are the best free acoustic guitar lessons?

Check out the link I gave you on gibson.com you can play with acoustic for electric lessons too since what matters is that your hands coordinate well and you hit the right notes.

Infact its better to start with acoustic. And for other lessons look in youtube. There may be playlists with lessons from the start.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Me being a Keyboard player am telling that this performance by Adnan Sami is one of THE KEYBOARD PERFORMANCES EVER IN INDIA.

[YOUTUBE]CtQugGZioUI[/YOUTUBE]

axes2t2

I am a cat
Emptiness :Rohan Rathore - Acoustic Cover
By me and my friend(singer)
[YOUTUBE]yoKA6XuFsgE[/YOUTUBE]

Hothon se Choo lo Tum - Acoustic(cover)
By my friend
[YOUTUBE]fW_jmlO6DhA[/YOUTUBE]

Comment,rate and subscribe :p

Top Bottom