Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Rockstar11

Technomancer
^^Actually I already have 35 GB collection of Hindustani and Carnatic Classical Music (collectively called indian classical) :wink:. And I listen to it daily. Its really a divine feeling :)
I would suggest you to listen to Pandit Ravi Shankar's "In Celebration" album, a 4 cd collection.

35 GB collection aur woh bhi Hindustani and Carnatic Classical Music mein :shock:
wow great... :)

Pandit Ravi Shankar's "In Celebration"
hnmmm okk sunte hai.. .. ;)

Rockstar11

Technomancer
^^Actually I already have 35 GB collection of Hindustani and Carnatic Classical Music (collectively called indian classical) :wink:. And I listen to it daily. Its really a divine feeling :)
I would suggest you to listen to Pandit Ravi Shankar's "In Celebration" album, a 4 cd collection.

do u have this 2 album?

"A Travellers Tale"
Pandit Ronu Majumdar. Together with ... Taufiq - Drums, Octopads. Raju Singh - Acoustic Guitar

Tracks :
1. Calcutta Chiascuro.
2. Drifting.
3. Beckoning Hills.
4. Encounter at Madurai.
5. Daybreak at Baneras.
6. Sundar Bansuri.
7. Bittersweet.
8. B. N. R. [Bengal Nagpur Railway.]

If - Magical Sounds of Sitar: Niladri Kumar

Tracks
1. If you ever loved 8:45
2. Calling Ganesha 9:45
3. Ya-Man 10:59
4. Lukhnow 7:55
5. Haseen 8:43
6. Salute to Tradition 13:31
7. Khwab 5:40
8. IF 3:36

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Hii...I've mostly the Vocal and Instrumental Raga Compositions :)
I've niladri kumar's "Revalation", and ronu majumdar's- "The Elements - Earth".
Will listen to the ones you mentioned.

You should also watch videos of Pandit Ravi Shankar performing at Monetary Pop Festival 1967-
YouTube - Ravi Shankar Pancham Se Gara part one monterey pop 1967
two parts, watch both.

How amazed those people are when listening to our music, and see Jimmy Hendrix at 6:14 :)

Last edited:
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Just took the plunge and bought the Pod X3 Live. Man is it great sounding!

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Hii...I've mostly the Vocal and Instrumental Raga Compositions :)
I've niladri kumar's "Revalation", and ronu majumdar's- "The Elements - Earth".
Will listen to the ones you mentioned.

You should also watch videos of Pandit Ravi Shankar performing at Monetary Pop Festival 1967-
YouTube - Ravi Shankar Pancham Se Gara part one monterey pop 1967
two parts, watch both.

How amazed those people are when listening to our music, and see Jimmy Hendrix at 6:14 :)

thanks........ :)

Indian Classical Music ???
Hmmm... I always wanted to learn and own a sitar but those things don't come for lefties because of half the country being full of superstitious idiots who believe the left hand is dirty and evil :evil:

Anyway, I tried playing guitar with sitar clips once. Was hard but sounded great.
Just took the plunge and bought the Pod X3 Live. Man is it great sounding!
Review with pics and vid please :))

Chetan1991

Youngling
Anyone from Ambala here? Wanna buy a zoom G1N. If you know a genuine musical instrument shop where i can get it, please post the shop's add. in reply .

D

Deleted member 26636

a friend of mine wants to buy a guitar...he's just going to start learning(doesn't even know the abc's yet)..so please suggest the best possible guitar that he can buy within Rs4000/-....if anyone is from mumbai, can you please suggest some good music stores around the andheri area? thank you.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
a friend of mine wants to buy a guitar...he's just going to start learning(doesn't even know the abc's yet)..so please suggest the best possible guitar that he can buy within Rs4000/-....if anyone is from mumbai, can you please suggest some good music stores around the andheri area? thank you.

You can look into Granadas and Plutos... can't get anything too good in that budget. I have a Granada PRD4 Acoustic which can be bought for 4k, and is a decent beginneer's guitar.

metalhead

Broken In
Nice to see so many people in the music scene.......:)
but I'm surprised no one out here poster that MIKE PORTNOY QUIT DREAM THEATER!!!!!!!!!
I dont think anyone can replace him.......but Thomas Lang is a worthy Candidate.....what say??!!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Mike Portnoy was a genius. Even if Lang can play all his parts, I don't think he can come up with drum parts as creative as Portnoy.

J

jully

The main goal of an independent musician is getting the music out there. There is nothing more lethal to an artist of any sort than obscurity. Fortunately, the Internet has made it a lot easier for independent musicians. It is entirely possible for an indie musician to not only get their music heard, but to actually make a living from it, something that artists like Jonathan Coulton have proved. But in order to do so, you have to get your music distributed.

metalhead

Broken In
Mike Portnoy was a genius. Even if Lang can play all his parts, I don't think he can come up with drum parts as creative as Portnoy.

yeah...i think that too....but it is a pity that this happened while I was still alive.....this generation has witnessed the greatest progressive band fall apart..............
Yeah,and the creativity and the 'portnoyedness' cannot be created again..... :).......and hey...catch me on fb...I'm Kislay Joshi..with Amd Phenom as profile pic....cheers..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Nice to see so many people in the music scene.......:)
but I'm surprised no one out here poster that MIKE PORTNOY QUIT DREAM THEATER!!!!!!!!!
I dont think anyone can replace him.......but Thomas Lang is a worthy Candidate.....what say??!!

it's sad... but his heart was not into it
wish him success for his future..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
yeah...i think that too....but it is a pity that this happened while I was still alive.....this generation has witnessed the greatest progressive band fall apart..............
Yeah,and the creativity and the 'portnoyedness' cannot be created again..... :).......and hey...catch me on fb...I'm Kislay Joshi..with Amd Phenom as profile pic....cheers..

Sent a req. Name's Paranj on FB.

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
Nice thread.
I play guitar and have a Cort EVL-Z4 with a VOX tonelab ST processor and a marshall amp which i hate. Gonna get a better amp soon along with a pedal

TheHumanBot

Padawan
no one do DJeing:(

mixing, creating loops or beats.
i do all this stuff on PC never owned any instruments.
never shared my music online but here is 1 song i uploaded.
HipHop.wav - 4shared.com - music and mp3 sharing - download

lyrics doesn't make any sense.
its just some voices i added randomly.
my fav. genre to make beats are
Hiphop rap and old time disco ( BappiDA kind of ) :D

Top Bottom