Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
If you are going to stores to check out the sounds of various boxes, DO tell me how the sound checks go.

I'm dead confused what to buy and HOW MUCH TO SPEND seeing that I should even GET that kind of cash first. The amount of cash I get depends on a certain event in august/september...

look at my range of options:

1. Ibanez DS7 --> 1.9k price cheapest
  2. BOSS DS-1 --> most popular pedal in the world --> 2.6k
  3. Zoom G1N --> budget multi FX --> 3.65k
  4. Zoom G1XN --> budget Multi Effects with Expression Pedal --> 4.5k
and on top of all these possible market purchases, there is the big daddy offer from a friend of mine who went from guitars to bass so is selling off his processor for a really good price...

Used but well maintained Korg AX1500G --> market value 12K, selling for 6.5k

Trouble here is that the higher I spend on GuitarFX, lower becomes my budget for other purchases like an external HDD. So I'm looking for the most versatile and useful buy which I can't possibly throw away later (which is why a very popularly used pedal like DS-1 seems attractive).

If you are looking for a long term investment then the DS1 sounds like a good toy. But the multi-FX pedals are serious bang for bucks. And that Korg AX1500 is a sweeet deal I must say :).

The thing is that most of the budget multiFX pedals have shitty effects quality... noe what I mean ? I think if you are mostly into metal then you should spend on a distortion pedal. A pedal dedicated to a single effect will give you a finer quality effect... but I guess you already know that.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
True, dedicated pedals do sound better for a single effect like distortion, but not when you're comparing a line 6 multifx to an el cheapo dist pedal.

Anyone ever tried multi-dist? I once went through an old boss dist + ax100 metal + amp distortion. god it sounded awful until i turned noisegate all the way up and learnt to control the feedback. was pretty psychedelic sounding after that :)

And seriously, no takers for the ax100?

@Raaabo: Multi-Dist ? Never seen it live with the real stuff. Though my friend's BOSS GT-10 (the world's best digital effects powerhouse) can emulate that kind of thing.

I've all but settled for Zoom G1N since it fits my budget perfectly. That is unless I get a stunning deal for the DS-1.

Has anyone tried these DSP based multi-FX distortion pedals ?

I mean how well can something like the Zoom G1n emulate classic pedals like DigiTech Death Metal, BOSS DS-1, ProCo RAT, Ibanez TS9, etc ? I've seen patches which make them sound good, but never seen anyone use them to EMULATE the classics.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
My DS-1 started working out of ****ing no-where! Woo man! Gonna have fun when I return from school. This means that I can get another pedal rather than a dist.!

Misirlou is something like:

I made a few mistakes in the frets but the numbering is correct. maybe you need to repeat a pattern one more time or one less time.

On the Low E and High E.

Yeah as Psychosocial said, its a great warmup song. :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I play the keyboard... i am 15 yrs of age and have playing sice last 7 years...

See some of my vids here- YouTube - musicianofkeyboard's Channel

I also play the guitar...although i haven't learnt it I can play a few Metallica songs(which are my favourite) and some others to..

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
^^thats great :)
we have to save our own traditional and cultural music.
and one thing I want to say that our music is not for entertainment like pop.
Its a real commitment, as you might know how hard is to learn instruments like sarod, sitar, tabla.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
^^thats great :)
we have to save our own traditional and cultural music.
and one thing I want to say that our music is not for entertainment like pop.
Its a real commitment, as you might know how hard is to learn instruments like sarod, sitar, tabla.

check this instrumental album.... :)
Divinity - Divine Music For Meditation Vol 1

MusicIndiaOnline - Divinity - Divine Music For Meditation Vol 1 - Various Artists - Free Indian Music, Listen to Free Bollywood, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Carnatic, Hindustani, Devotional Music

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
^^Actually I already have 35 GB collection of Hindustani and Carnatic Classical Music (collectively called indian classical) :wink:. And I listen to it daily. Its really a divine feeling :)
I would suggest you to listen to Pandit Ravi Shankar's "In Celebration" album, a 4 cd collection.

Top Bottom