MTNL (Mumbai) introduces MTNL FUNDAY - Download Speed of 2 Mbps on every Sunday

noob

Cyborg Agent
I will share my bill with you guys once I reach home. It was my mistake so I paid up. My colleagues told me that not paying the bill might pose problems when I apply for home lone etc. as background is checked that time. Sounds foolish but I believe you reap what you sow.

And dont tell me you have not asked for help on IBF !!!!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I talked to BSNL customer care. They refused to provide any help.

Actually I "assumed" that the free download time period was from 8-8, which is actually 2-8. I had to pay per MB I downloaded during those extra 6 hours for the whole month. Careless attitude on my part.

But I wont call paying the bill foolishness. I will never like myself be called a defaulter. Although it was a huge amount but money can be earned throughout lifetime.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
they upgraded mine a long time back and removed 256kbps unlimited plans :)
I think it's been more than a year

gameranand

Living to Play
Now I am damn happy that I always choose Unlimited plans no matter what. Even in Data Card I have opted for 6 months unlimited plan.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
MTNL (Mumbai) today launched “MTNL FUNDAY” for its Triband, Broadband customers. With its new offer MTNL will make Sunday, a Funday by offering download speeds of 2 Mbps, without and additional charges, on every Sunday to its customers who are on unlimited plans.

Furthermore, MTNL is doubling the upload speed from 256 kbps to 512 kbps without any charges for a period of 3 months.

MTNL (Mumbai) introduces MTNL FUNDAY - Download Speed of 2 Mbps on every Sunday

I hope such plans come to MTNL Delhi soon! Although Delhi is enjoying minimum speeds of 512 kbps, on any plan.

My Internet plan is "TriB_UL_data_256_Combo".
Its 512 kbps, unlimited plan. And I am paying about Rs. 715/- (including every taxes).

Here's the speedtest result:

*www.speedtest.net/result/1231353914.png

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Gagan u r not alone here...I too paid Rs 5k and Rs7k = 12k...my amount is is very less;-) compared to yours but my mistake was not disconnecting net at 2 and reconnecting again:x....

anyways MTNL plans are superb compared to bsnl

gameranand

Living to Play
axes2t2 said:
How come you got so much bill.Weren't you guys aware of your plan?
If they were then who the hell want to pay 29k in one month. Of course they were not aware of their plans or simply say they were kinda confused.
vineet369 said:
My Internet plan is "TriB_UL_data_256_Combo".
Its 512 kbps, unlimited plan. And I am paying about Rs. 715/- (including every taxes).
I use MTNL data card and have 4500 plan for 6 moth and I get download speed of about 100+kbps in day and about 150+kbps in night. Sometimes or say in some days speed goes upto 300kbps. And AFAIK I am also paying nearly same amount as you.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@gameranand

I think your net plan is very smart. BSNL needs to have a few low cost(less than 750) so many people can use.
In lower plans BSNL, rather than giving us huge bills should limit our speed to 256 kbps. Would be great.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Even when my bro was at home he didn't knew that the plan was not an unlimited one...he downloaded loads of data and my dad had to pay 15k at the end of the month. Since then he scolds us whenever we keep the pc on in the night for download :p

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If they were then who the hell want to pay 29k in one month. Of course they were not aware of their plans or simply say they were kinda confused.

I use MTNL data card and have 4500 plan for 6 moth and I get download speed of about 100+kbps in day and about 150+kbps in night. Sometimes or say in some days speed goes upto 300kbps. And AFAIK I am also paying nearly same amount as you.

By MTNL data card, do you mean wireless?
I forgot to add, that my plan consists of land line connection, and free local calls up to 100.
But, WTH, with a speed of 100 - 150, your plan is 0.8Mbps - 1.2 Mbps!! And is it unlimited?

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
By MTNL data card, do you mean wireless?
I forgot to add, that my plan consists of land line connection, and free local calls up to 100.
But, WTH, with a speed of 100 - 150, your plan is 0.8Mbps - 1.2 Mbps!! And is it unlimited?
Yes it is wireless 3G data card. I have prepaid account and I have recharged with Rs 4500 unlimited plan for 6 months and FYI I have used 300+GB already in one month.:D:D:D

See the attachment I have used about 283gb in utorrent only and I also use and download from other sites so they combine to be more than 300+gb.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes it is wireless 3G data card. I have prepaid account and I have recharged with Rs 4500 unlimited plan for 6 months and FYI I have used 300+GB already in one month.:D:D:D

See the attachment I have used about 283gb in utorrent only and I also use and download from other sites so they combine to be more than 300+gb.

Wireless 3G Card.... Ok. Let's dissect the plan:

Cons:
1. No landline connection
2. No 100 free local calls

Pros:
1. Wireless!
2. Dazzling speed of minimum, 800 Kbps !! (mine is 512 Kbps :( )
3. About Rs. 750/month (which is abt what I pay, Rs. 715)

So, clearly, I am at a big loss here!

My concerns:
1. Wireless! So, reliability issue, in comparison of dedicated "physical" line.
2. Initial charges of buying a wireless 3G card.
3. Ability to connect more than a computer. In modem, I can easily extend it, since it has multiple ports.

PS: Your Upload to Download ratio, is way below the norm. I am afraid to tell you, that this may land you in trouble!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
2. Initial charges of buying a wireless 3G card.

BSNL is giving a offer of FREE DATA 3g CARD!!!!!!! so lets remove this

PS: Your Upload to Download ratio, is way below the norm. I am afraid to tell you, that this may land you in trouble!

Why???

Add one more cons--

Ping time sometimes suffers badly in bead weather.etc

Top Bottom