MTNL (Mumbai) introduces MTNL FUNDAY - Download Speed of 2 Mbps on every Sunday

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
No 100 free local calls
Yeah I miss that.
vineet369 said:
1. Wireless! So, reliability issue, in comparison of dedicated "physical" line.
Not really. I have tried it at many locations and it gives good speed most of the time.
vineet369 said:
Initial charges of buying a wireless 3G card.
Yup. Rs 1800. But I got 2GB data and 18Rs talktime with it.
And you also pay 500 for installation and if you want to disconnect and then connect again I mean if you are going on vacation or something then you have to pay extra but I don't have to.
vineet369 said:
Ability to connect more than a computer. In modem, I can easily extend it, since it has multiple ports.
Can't I connect other other PC using my PC and that would also have a net connection shared by me.
vineet369 said:
PS: Your Upload to Download ratio, is way below the norm. I am afraid to tell you, that this may land you in trouble!
Please elaborate why???
This is my speed from speedtest.
*www.speedtest.net/result/1233744556.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
BSNL is giving a offer of FREE DATA 3g CARD!!!!!!! so lets remove this

Except where I am, there is NO BSNL. There's MTNL.

Since torrent works fundamentally on this principle, "Give and take in atleast equal ratio, if not more." For more info on this, refer this thread, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/138149-utorrent-question.html specially after this post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/138149-utorrent-question-post1358492.html#post1358492

Add one more cons--
Ping time sometimes suffers badly in bead weather.etc

Yeah, that too!

PS: I wont come online atleast until evening. So pardon the delay.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This is my speed from speedtest.

Your ping time is sweet....

Speeds are also great
Yup. Rs 1800. But I got 2GB data and 18Rs talktime with it.
Now for limited time its free!!!
Can't I connect other other PC using my PC and that would also have a net connection shared by me.
I don't think so :(

Since torrent works fundamentally on this principle, "Give and take in atleast equal ratio, if not more." For more info on this, refer this thread, Utorrent question specially after this post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/soft...ml#post1358492

I know that...
Except where I am, there is NO BSNL. There's MTNL.
Oohhhh.......bad :(

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
Since torrent works fundamentally on this principle, "Give and take in atleast equal ratio, if not more." For more info on this, refer this thread, Utorrent question specially after this post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/soft...ml#post1358492
But I can't do anything about it now can I???
I have bad upload speed. too bad

thetechfreak said:
Ping time sometimes suffers badly in bead weather.etc
Not for me. I use to play Grid online even when its raining or anything without any problem whatsoever.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Best to go for unlimited plans for user's like us.

Once you get the receipt that says unlimited plan with the signature/stamp on it then there's nothing to worry about.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But I can't do anything about it now can I???
I have bad upload speed. too bad

Yeah, your upload speed is pathetic. The best thing you can do is to keep seeding the files for as much long as possible. Specially those files which are getting good upload speed compared to others.

aaj MTNL wale sunday (2 Mbps speed) ka maja le rahe honge... :(
:enforcer2: BSNL wake up :machinegun2:

Even MTNL (DELHI) wake up!!

BTW, guys what's the best ping rate should be? And whats the advantage of good ping rate?

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
Yeah, your upload speed is pathetic. The best thing you can do is to keep seeding the files for as much long as possible. Specially those files which are getting good upload speed compared to others.
I already do that I usually only remove any torrent who has completed 1.1 ratio until then I seed them and my seed list is 90.:D:D:D

Yes it is wireless 3G data card. I have prepaid account and I have recharged with Rs 4500 unlimited plan for 6 months and FYI I have used 300+GB already in one month.:D:D:D

See the attachment I have used about 283gb in utorrent only and I also use and download from other sites so they combine to be more than 300+gb.

283gb :shock::shock::shock:

Mine is just 60gb in utorrent only, using Airtel :(

*i53.tinypic.com/15y6out.jpg

tejjammy

Journeyman
Hi guys ,
Mtnl mumbai sucks. I called them yesterday as my speed wasn't increased to which they replied that it will start from next week but the site as well as the newspaper advts say that it starts this week.
I called another number and asked about the plan to which a lady excitedly said it has started but when i said i can't use it she gave a different number and disconnected the line.:-o

gameranand

Living to Play
Hahah so nobody enjoyed this plan huh. Well its not in Delhi yet but I hope when it arrives here it would work.:D:D:D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Is this funday plan also for Wireless 3G datacard?

PS: Your Upload to Download ratio, is way below the norm. I am afraid to tell you, that this may land you in trouble!

This doesnt matter in public torrents but for private torrents its a must :mrgreen:

gameranand

Living to Play
Zangestu said:
This doesnt matter in public torrents but for private torrents its a must
I use public torrent sites for most time so this isn't a problem for me then. I am so damn happy. :D:p:)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I use public torrent sites for most time so this isn't a problem for me then. I am so damn happy. :D:p:)

It may not be a problem for you, but is morally incorrect.
But anyway... you can't do much about it, can you.

tkin

Back to school!!
BSNL has done one thing great, for all plans(sure for free night plans) after crossing the free limit its 20p per MB and after 5GB its 10p per MB. So now my bill does not cross 1k per month, also I get 10% discount for government employees, now if only they extend their night times(12-8AM is nice)

Doesn't wireless have high pings(to foreign servers)? I don't care about transfer speeds, 256Kbps is enough for online games(eg: Crysis 2) but ping is damn high(300+) on most servers, fragnetics gives 250ms ping but its always full, we need better ping, I've seen usa guys playing in fragnetics with 50ms ping, why the hell should our pings be so high?

PS: Data routing is messed up with National Internet Backbone, a data packet to bangladesh is routed via russia(ru domain) and I get 400ms ping in pingtest.net, BSNL should give us better ping(for extra charge if they need to).

Wireless 3G Card.... Ok. Let's dissect the plan:

Cons:
1. No landline connection
2. No 100 free local calls

Pros:
1. Wireless!
2. Dazzling speed of minimum, 800 Kbps !! (mine is 512 Kbps :( )
3. About Rs. 750/month (which is abt what I pay, Rs. 715)

So, clearly, I am at a big loss here!

My concerns:
1. Wireless! So, reliability issue, in comparison of dedicated "physical" line.
2. Initial charges of buying a wireless 3G card.
3. Ability to connect more than a computer. In modem, I can easily extend it, since it has multiple ports.

No trouble if he's using public torrents and if he has dynamic ip, its morally incorrect but we are helpless, not like as if we don't want to share, its god damn BSNL's f'd up upload speeds.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Downloading pirated *stuff* from torrent is morally incorrect anyway. :p

So, maybe I was talking about being morally correct, in doing morally incorrect things :confused:
There are ethics in piracy too :p
Anyway, dont want to dwell deep into it, since it would breech TDF regulations.

No trouble if he's using public torrents and if he has dynamic ip, its morally incorrect but we are helpless, not like as if we don't want to share, its god damn BSNL's f'd up upload speeds.

That's what I meant, when I said, that there's not much he can do about it, because of the U/L speeds he is getting! :(

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
It may not be a problem for you, but is morally incorrect.
But anyway... you can't do much about it, can you.

No problem if not seeding....though if the user wants to keep a healthy
file transfers for others also then definetly seed....:mrgreen:

Top Bottom