Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Saw "You don't mess with Zohan"...............3.5/10:mad:

Cursing myself for wasting my bandwidth for this crap...........
In the begining it started like those Rajni-Chiru-Vijaykant movies..................
In this film comedy means any act related to sex.................

There are some movies which are challenge to watch till d end................
I should be posted this in "Must not watch" section but thought should aware u guys too

Must Watch Movies by Me:

Hollywood (In Hindi Language)
1)Lord of Rings - Fellowship of the Ring -- Winner of 4 Oscar
2)Lord of Rings - Two Towers --Winner of 7 Oscar
3)Lord of Ring - Return of King --Winner of 11 Oscar
4)Harry Potter - I,II,III,IV,V,VI
5) Brave Heart --Winner of Oscar

Hindi Movies
1)Chak de India
2) Veer Zaara
3) Kal ho Naa Ho
4) Black
5) Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
5) kabhi Haan kabhi Naa
6) K3g
6) Aandaz
7) Rang de Basanti
8) Saathia
9) Mohabbatein
10 ) Kuch kuch hota hai

ajayritik

Technomancer
Must Watch Movies by Me:

Hollywood (In Hindi Language)
1)Lord of Rings - Fellowship of the Ring -- Winner of 4 Oscar
2)Lord of Rings - Two Towers --Winner of 7 Oscar
3)Lord of Ring - Return of King --Winner of 11 Oscar
4)Harry Potter - I,II,III,IV,V,VI
5) Brave Heart --Winner of Oscar

Hindi Movies
1)Chak de India
2) Veer Zaara
3) Kal ho Naa Ho
4) Black
5) Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
5) kabhi Haan kabhi Naa
6) K3g
6) Aandaz
7) Rang de Basanti
8) Saathia
9) Mohabbatein
10 ) Kuch kuch hota hai
Which Andaz? There were more than couple of them
one starring Raj kapoor the other starring Anil Kapoor and the latest one starred Akshay Kumar.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Hi Guys.....

I was out for couple of weeks so could not update. Was going through the last couple of pages I missed. @ Allwy good to see you finally watched Kung fu panda. Its an awsome flick. I am still waiting for WALL-E..

Coming to the point not much of movies seen in the recent 10 days or so, but couple of days ago I managed to watch the amazing charlie chaplin's The Great Dictator on UTV's WM channel. Frankly speaking I never knew chaplin had made talkie movies as well, call it my ignorence or lack of knowldge but it sure came as a surprise to me. This movie was made in 1940 by chaplin and believe me still holds the cutting sense of humour of slapstick comedy with absolutely amazing sarcasm on Hitler. This man Charlie Chaplin is a genious. I was rolling most of movie. Seeing chaplin delivering so witty lines with hilarious expressions and innovative presentation along with a meaningfull satire on fascism is simply commendable. No wonder its still at IMDB top 100.
I then managed to dug further and learnt that chaplin made some of his finest movies in talkie at the end of his carrier. I then managed to get all of his last six movies and have till seen 3 of them. I BECAME A TRUE ADMIRER of this genious person Charlie Chaplin.
Believe it or not you cannot say your movie collection is complete unless you have all the last 6 movies chaplin made along with some of his other silent movies like the The Kid and the The Gold Rush

The rest two movies I saw were Mordern Times Which was his first talkie move. It simply deserves IMDB top 50 spot and it is at 75. True marvelous.
The second one wasThe Limelight
This is out an out a sentimental movie with ofcourse quite a few chuckles here and there but man I was blowen by the level of emotions this man has portrayed/induced in this movie. A person who we think only knows how to make others laugh will make you believe how he can even make you cry........go and watch.

Try watching all of Chaplins last 6 movies.......your movie experience is incomplete without chaplins finest movies...... I will post again after I watch the rest of the 3 movies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Hi Guys.....

I was out for couple of weeks so could not update. Was going through the last couple of pages I missed. @ Allwy good to see you finally watched Kung fu panda. Its an awsome flick. I am still waiting for WALL-E..

Coming to the point not much of movies seen in the recent 10 days or so, but couple of days ago I managed to watch the amazing charlie chaplin's The Great Dictator on UTV's WM channel. Frankly speaking I never knew chaplin had made talkie movies as well, call it my ignorence or lack of knowldge but it sure came as a surprise to me. This movie was made in 1940 by chaplin and believe me still holds the cutting sense of humour of slapstick comedy with absolutely amazing sarcasm on Hitler. This man Charlie Chaplin is a genious. I was rolling most of movie. Seeing chaplin delivering so witty lines with hilarious expressions and innovative presentation along with a meaningfull satire on fascism is simply commendable. No wonder its still at IMDB top 100.
I then managed to dug further and learnt that chaplin made some of his finest movies in talkie at the end of his carrier. I then managed to get all of his last six movies and have till seen 3 of them. I BECAME A TRUE ADMIRER of this genious person Charlie Chaplin.
Believe it or not you cannot say your movie collection is complete unless you have all the last 6 movies chaplin made along with some of his other silent movies like the The Kid and the The Gold Rush

The rest two movies I saw were Mordern Times Which was his first talkie move. It simply deserves IMDB top 50 spot and it is at 75. True marvelous.
The second one wasThe Limelight
This is out an out a sentimental movie with ofcourse quite a few chuckles here and there but man I was blowen by the level of emotions this man has portrayed/induced in this movie. A person who we think only knows how to make others laugh will make you believe how he can even make you cry........go and watch.

Try watching all of Chaplins last 6 movies.......your movie experience is incomplete without chaplins finest movies...... I will post again after I watch the rest of the 3 movies.
I'd hit Charlie's movie now.
Thanks

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
leave everything aside, i hav some good clean recommendations for you:
Momento
28 Days Later
Before Sunset
Paths of Glory
The Diving Bell and The Butterfly
The Shining
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Usual Suspects
The Thing
Tremors 1
V for Vendetta
Wolf Creek

These movies will give u different variations, and yeah there is nothin overly explicit in them

thanks for Before Sunset, never got around hearing about it, the plot got me thinkin for a while.

shantanu

Technomancer
Saw "" The Dark knight "" Today ! Awesome Movie ! but i never knew Heath Ledger was dead , oh man !!!! i cant beleive it :(

ajaybc

Youngling
I saw Trainspotting today by the recommendation of one of my frnds who said i was a must watch movie.I dint like it at all and stopped at half way.Lots of scenes with heroine injections and all.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lolz you didnt get it, its one of the awesome movie, the starting lines and the ending lines, everything is just perfect

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Yeah man!!! Charlie Chaplin rocks!!! I've seen all his movies. He's only famous for Slapstick comedy, but trust me his movie are much much more deeper.
City Light probably has the most amazing ending of all the love story movie, sad and happy at the same times. Modern Times. Well, all I can say that its a pure classic. Amazing!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I guess I'll write my suicide note now.:mad:

Reason(s) for suicide:
Singh is Kinng
Ugli aur Pagli

Week after week I begin to understand why Indian cinema is already down the drain.It's just time to flush it I guess.:D

Top Bottom