Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Fright Night was a cute movie, I watched it when I was a kid...u made me remember a long forgotten movie......Another movie which comes to mind is Frightners, quite decent movie with Michael J Fox in memorable role....you will like it if you liked fright nights.
I saw Fright Night on Zee MGM long back.And since it's rainy season the weather just made me pick up the DVD & watch it all over again.It was truly a horror classic & had those really cheesy 80's feel to it which I always like.I need to watch Frighteners again too.Thanks for reminding.

BTW Ally you didnt comment on my Chaplin post...:)
LOL! I wasn't a big Chaplin fan, just vaguely remember my school days when they used to take us into this Audio-Visual room & air some of his small clips.That's about all I can recollect.;)

I havent commented on any Bollywood movie in this thread yet.....but I have seen people commenting on "Sing is Kinng" as crap, stupid jokes, exaggerated humor etc..etc ....True I agree but I still would say to make a senseless stupid comedy that still makes to giggle, light heart...... maybe not at all occations is still not that easy to make. If you loose the line it become an out an out cheap journey.
I like corny comedy as long as it manages to hold the thin line between corny and cheap, and in movies like these there are occations when that line is crossed but given the frame in which these movies are projected you can expect that at some parts in the entire episode. But eventually you loose nothing. Most of the people come out saying its was Bakwas but Bindass Bakwass...
Singh Is Kinng was OK.The start was extremely goofy & the end was almost the same.Akshay Kumar is one of the finest actors of this industry.He has got utmost potential in him.Given a good scrip he could perform extremely well.But in this movie most of his character was wasted.He has few good moments & that's just about it.Some emotional moments are the saving grace & Katrina Kaif (for the followers ;)).

I can atleast let that movie go but if you watch Ugli Aur Pagli, you experience on of those moments when you want to literally grab hold of the director & strangle him to death for making such a garbage movie.Films like this makes me sad to say we still keep hopes floating in Indian cinema.The industry is loosing it's touch every single day.Blatant plagiarism of song, scripts & dialogues is just a mundane thing for today's directors.No one bothers thinking out of the box & just rely on spinning off Hollywood movies.What's more they even deny it saying it's not at all similar instead of giving credit to the original makers.Sohail Khan's argument for the movie 'God Tussi Great Ho' not being a copy of Bruce Almighty is so great that it makes me want to kiss his feet.He claimed (before the movie released) that we had no right to pass a comment on this film being taken off Bruce Almighty before it actually being released (WTF!).He moreover puts the biggest joke of all & says "Our movie has 5 songs in it, Does Bruce Almighty have any?" :shock:

Why you little ignorant prick? The promos are enough to indicate this movie's plot is a CC of Bruce Almighty.And did he forget the song "I got the Power":D

Sorry for being so uptight but this had to be brought up.;)

Batchna Ae Haseeno- It promises to be an entertainer. And it hits bull's eye.....A pure entertainer , good to kill 2.5 hours!!! Nothing new , so-so performance, avg script, mediocre direction...but in the end it all turns out a good combination!! 3.5/5
Thankfully this was a good film.I can safely say it wasn't too corny but pretty good.Ranbir Kapoor acted very well & did I forget to mention how cute Minisha Lamba looks? :D Surprisingly good movie.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
He moreover puts the biggest joke of all & says "Our movie has 5 songs in it, Does Bruce Almighty have any?" :shock:

Why you little ignorant prick? The promos are enough to indicate this movie's plot is a CC of Bruce Almighty.And did he forget the song "I got the Power":D
That's the lamest of all excuse!!!! I wish he is sued his ass off!!!

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT- A surprisingly great film. It's about a man who can go into alternate universes by changing certain past actions and reaching to an universe thats a consequence of the particular action. The topic was great and execution was perfect. High on entertainment and fun factor . 9/10

DONNIE DARKO- This was recommended to me as a 'similar' movie to THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT. The topic it to an extent similar, but execution is different. However I didn't like it that much. The pace was slow, fun factor was low. An moreover, I kinda sensed the end quite early. Seems like it tried too hard to be a complex film. 6/10

shantanu

Technomancer
you talkin bout Kevin *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/77.png

i like kevin bacon very much ! he is a great actor :D

saw married life, id say 6/10 , just did coz of rachel mcadams and pierce brosnan :D

i did watch " kingdom of heaven " 7th time 10/10 :D !!! never got bored of it :D

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I just saw second half of The World's Fastest Indian

Anthony Hopkins is just mind blowing. Worth a watch. True human spirit of determination.

Amazing movie. Gonna download it asap.

shantanu

Technomancer
Road to perdition was a awesome movie , also i forgot the name of that movie in which Tomhanks played that great runner :D , awesome movie that was !!! :D ,

Death sentence was a movie that brought tears in my eyes :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Please Teach Me English - lolz, decent movie *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/77.png

Top Bottom