Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Haha, In T's Vocab, Content Rich == Korean. :p :D
Look at mah movie list on my blog and you will know what all movies I liked !
^^ hehehe didnt knew that :D
The Godfather in Korean :shock: :D
lolz
Unfortunately yes. They might release it just around Oscars with Leonardo in it. Chaser was creepy.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan ;)

Absolutely love this title.

Watched The Life Before Her Eyes

Uma Thurman. Good direction. But have seen quite a similar movies in the past. Won't list them to avoid spoilers.

Couldn't stand Ugly aur Pagli after watching My Sassy Girl. Switched it off after 15 mins. Got hold of hollywood version of My Sassy Girl. Still gathering courage to watch it.
Long time no see !
Borat is one of my fav too! Every bit was funny *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/77.png
I remember two guys here (one was you) recommending Chaser, so thought of giving it a try and oh man it was one hell of a movie.
The kid's acting was good and the movie didn't fall into cliches. Thats the great point about it !

Rahim

Married!
The Usual Suspects
My Rating 9/10 and just laugh at how tardy the rip-off was with our "intelligent Indian Filmakers" (read Chocolate) Kaizerr Soze vs Murtaza Arzai :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
*i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/moxieYcholula/cookies.jpg

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/85.png

ajayritik

Technomancer
Let me list a few of mine which I found worth getting:
Transformers
Spiderman Triology
The Matrix Triology (better get it in 1080p)
X-Men Triology
King Kong
Terminator II: Judgement Day (again 1080p)
Mission Impossible II
Rambo IV
I-Robot
300 (You have to get it under any circumstances)
Finding Nemo (Full 1080p)
Predator

This might keep you busy.Might add more as I recollect.

Thanks for the list dude! Please add some more if you can.

^^ For me,

The Matrix Trilogy
All Chris Nolan & Michael Bay movies

And above all, The Girl Next Door.
Thanks of your recommendation Pathik .Please add some more movies to the list if you can.

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
After hearing the song I was like wtf ? need for speed underground 1,2 ? lol
Snoop Dawg Riders on the storm, RDB lolz.

one such movie is The Godfather

Thank u for explaining.

I saw godfather but i do like such kind of movies. and u must know taste differs.......

What he means watch real movies and not fancy special effects Fanstay Movies.
The Shining, Reserviour Dogs, Rear Window, Oldboy(you may not like this one) which has realistic stories.

Thank u
but movies like oldboy is made for people having sick minds who have nothing to think other than some yuck yuck stuff:mad:.... if u r saying these kinda movies r content rich then i am sorry u gotta change ur viewpoint

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thank u for explaining.

I saw godfather but i do like such kind of movies. and u must know taste differs.......

Thank u
but movies like oldboy is made for people having sick minds who have nothing to think other than some yuck yuck stuff:mad:.... if u r saying these kinda movies r content rich then i am sorry u gotta change ur viewpoint
yeah taste differs and changes with age, if you r a teen then its fine but if over 20....

Oldboy is one of the finest movie, though its not recommended for everyone. Simply coz many people prefer watching fairy tales pristine movies than gritty truth. Even I was among these people at a time but time changes everything, you think more open mindedly. Though within a circumference.

Rahim

Married!
Sometimes you get tired and sick of watching fairy tales as T159 explained and reach out to see some really twisted thrillers and love the story-twist like the one in The Usual Suspects.
Brother another one for you: Eraserhead and plz dont do childish talk to me of changing my viewpoint. I gave you my list of favs and also flagged about Oldboy(might have googled it before lecturing)
Go and watch Singh is KKKKinggg if you like that nonsense comedy....

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^David Lynch's Eraserhead, its in my list but never got time to see it.
Will try to see this this week. Almost all other good movies by him are in my stash (except Lost Highway)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@rahimveron
don't eat me on that bro.
if u like movies like oldboy i got no problem with that... but do not argue with me thinking that everyone is having a mindset like u
leave everything aside, i hav some good clean recommendations for you:
Momento
28 Days Later
Before Sunset
Paths of Glory
The Diving Bell and The Butterfly
The Shining
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Usual Suspects
The Thing
Tremors 1
V for Vendetta
Wolf Creek

These movies will give u different variations, and yeah there is nothin overly explicit in them

Rahim

Married!
@rahimveron
u don't have to shout at me for that:smile:

Think obectively before generalising and when did i shout ? :D
IF you like horror then Ringu & Shutter are must seeee

@T159 : It is one of the most twisted , vagueand open to so many different interpreation of Eraserhead and i confess i myself didnt understood it :D but read its synopsis at imdb to see if i really on the same wavelenght as its popular meaning and i was way off the target :p

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
Think obectively before generalising and when did i shout ? :D
IF you like horror then Ringu & Shutter are must seeee

@T159 : It is one the most twisted and so many different interpreation of Eraserhead and i confess i myself didnt understood it :D

will try to get them ASAP

BTW is there any good movies like irobot( starring will smith)

watched enemy of the state --- a great movie indeed

Top Bottom