Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Love Guru - Something like cheap Austin Powers IV. Few funny moments, but not in the same league as Austin trilogy.

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay - Gross and cheap comedy. Give it a miss. White Castle was gross but still funny. This ain't.

Pathik

Google Bot
Wall E - 8.5/10. Superb movie.
IMO Stevie should be more proud of Pixar than Apple.

Medico, yea The Love Guru was totally cheap comedy. Jessica Alba wasted.

jal_desai

In the zone
Just watched THE EYE

nice one.. jessica NOT wasted. Keeps the horror feeling through out.. somehow i felt it should have been more horrific.. anyways.. wud give 7.5/10

previews here if u dont mind.
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/snapshot20080713044241.jpg
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/snapshot20080713044354.jpg
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/snapshot20080713044423.jpg
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/snapshot20080713044512.jpg
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/snapshot20080713044731.jpg
Free Image Host

next on my list:
The Ruins [2008]
Hitman [2007]
In Bruges [2008]
21 [2008]

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Saw Hancock.Average flick.CGI was a complete let down.Felt like watching my Super-Ex Girlfriend all over again(only the male version of it).I didn't expect way too much from this movie hence feel it was OK.Must watch Kung Fu Panda now.Hopefully that would be better.:D

Hancock avg.......mmmm.... looks like hollywood is loosing on substance these days depending more on CGI. Even The Incridible Hunk was a letdown for me. I miss movies like "Die Hard 4.0 and Rambo 4".
Kung Fu panda is good could have been better if the climax fight sequesce had been long with more energy and a bit of seriousness in it (as was in the fight on the bridge), but over all pretty much worth watching. Looking forwarded to WALL-E on multiplex.

Pathik

Google Bot
karmanya. :p
Dude, not in that way. Bhavnao ko samjho.

Also Robert Downey Jr. rocked it in.

BTW,
Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian - 6.5/10

karmanya

Journeyman
Lol. I had my hand on 100 with the receiver at my ear.. xD.
I didn't really like prince caspian, the book was sooo much better and the directors fail to follow any sort of militiary strategy. i mean, the so called archers start firing once the two forces meet and there are all sorts of inconsistencies.
next week dark knight is out, hopefully it'll be better than the disappointment that hancock was.
i saw pirates of the silicon valley this morning when i should have been studying for a trigo test... freaking amazing.
Up next, Iron Man and hulk.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Yesterday i saw these movies :
Never Back Down - *www.imdb.com/title/tt1023111/
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - *www.imdb.com/title/tt0481536/

Awesome is the word for both, Complete entertainment:)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's a waste to watch Hancock in theatre. Getting rental DVD is more than enough for this storyless crap bullshit move. I wasted my money by going to theatre.

Top Bottom