Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Ok watched Incridible Hulk as well. I do'nt know what was SO good about the movie except phenominal special effects. Edward Nortan totally wasted.

Looking forwarded to Kung Fu Panda on adlabs next weekend.

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
Ok watched Incridible Hulk as well. I do'nt know what was SO good about the movie except phenominal special effects. Edward Nortan totally wasted.

Looking forwarded to Kung Fu Panda on adlabs next weekend.

i completely agree with you.
The story is thin and not convincing.
I will give it 2/5 or 4/10 just for the Special Effects and intricate Hulk details
Man! I was simply waiting for the movie to get over and get out !:mad::x

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Watched jaane Tu..first day first show.Good movie, I wont say great. It has a freshening plot with good performances from all the actors, this being their first try.A goof up, not a spoiler.The guys have completed college by 20. That too a 5 year course.I was laughing my bum off at the theatre on that..
Lovestory sucks..harman baweja looks like emraan hashmi rthan hrithik.

Thirteen

Disturbing movie, but a must watch.Life of a thirteen year old who gets transformed when she befalls bad company.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Ok GUYS YOU GOT TO READ WHAT I AM WRITING (atleast people interested in a good entertaining flick)..........

Recently finished this horror thriller REC. This is a POV (point of view) kind of camera movie very much like cloverfield and so I will compare it stright away. This move is ALL what cloverfield or diary of the dead should have been. First its not a Hollywood production........... movie its a spanish one and hollywoow would eat their hat if they watch this move and should learn this is how a POV type of production should be made. The movie in plain simple word is TERRIFIC. Plot is plain and repetative...but presentation..... as I always say is all what matters. A virus is spread across a building that turns the public in to man eaters (much like 28 days later) but its shot with POV camera technique. This movie would freak the SH*IT out of most of the people if seen with the right ambience and environment. As I said its shot with the same POV technique as Cloverfield, Diary of the dead and Blair witch project was filmed with. Though Cloverfiled was high on special effects and magnitude for me there were too many plot holes and the technique was also not used in an effective manner as would have happened in reality. Blair witch Project to some extent acceptable and Diary of the dead was crap. But REC is shockingly real, believable and generates the exact kind of TERROR which you expect in a situation (very few exceptions give and take here and there). The first major improvement with POV technique this move has done is that they have used a TV repoter camera view instead of an amature.......it does not mean neither I intend to say tha it improves the footage....no........what I mean is..............this gives the liberty to actually make us believe that all the footage shown was possible had it been taken in reality........plus the performances in the move was FAR FAR FAR better than what cloverfield had.

A MUST MUST see for all movie hookers....and specially who like this genre.

PS :: Though the plot sounds simple but mind you the end (which somewhat perplexingly explain the evolution of virus) would leave most of you confused

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dam! They pushed Hancock to next week for release.WTH! :mad:

I was all set for this week & all of a sudden this happens.Hope The Dark Knight releases properly.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Dam! They pushed Hancock to next week for release.WTH! :mad:

I was all set for this week & all of a sudden this happens.Hope The Dark Knight releases properly.

Allwy watch REC if you can......
And BTW when is Wall-e releasing in India. IMDB gives no date for India release. IMDB ranking has almost touch 9 for this movie and is considered to be the best Pixar release till date. Trailer also looks awsome........

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Wall-e looks great alrite.

My recommendations for the day

The Holiday

Starring kate winslet and Cameron Diaz.Two women broken in love in two different parts of the world, exchange houses for a week after which thewir lives change for ever,An entralling watch.I so so so so so love kate winslet.She rox.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
[offtopic]

Hey T, why is your avatar of a abused, molested, raped, beaten up women?

[/offtopic]

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^what has she done beside the aviator and serendipity??

Kate winslet is queen.Titanic,holiday,finding neverland.Brilliant.Shes just too good.Finding neverland with johny depp is her best work IMO.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
[offtopic]

T is actually a girl as you can see from the picture :D

[/offtopic]

How can i forget Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.Nah sorry.this was her best performance.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

Kate winslet is queen.Titanic,holiday,finding neverland.Brilliant.Shes just too good.Finding neverland with johny depp is her best work IMO.

Yes she not that bad as labeled........probably a bit underestimated.......watch her in "Quills", "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind", "Holy Smoke" and "Jude"....Some noticible performances...........Holy Smoke is one twisted movie though.......

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Allwy watch REC if you can......
And BTW when is Wall-e releasing in India. IMDB gives no date for India release. IMDB ranking has almost touch 9 for this movie and is considered to be the best Pixar release till date. Trailer also looks awsome........
Yep will do.I have it on my HDD for a long time now.Will watch it once I get back home.Couple of others in queue too so need to gather time for all of those too.;)

I'll try & catch up with Kung Fu Panda & Hancock back-to-back this week.Would be awesome.Can anyone confirm if Dark Knight has a simultaneous worldwide release?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[offtopic]

Hey T, why is your avatar of a abused, molested, raped, beaten up women?

[/offtopic]
yeah she is ill :( But certainly a virgin.

Don't let the reel life come in here. Kate Winslet is bloat now.

lol...... yea she does look like she was tormented like hell
Guess nobody played Silent Hill 4. She is Eileen Galvin. Read about what actually caused this.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eileen_Galvin
Haha, T is too much into Korean stuff these days. It happens in their films. :D
Nope I left watching movies for a while, Korean movies are better than Hollywood sh!t (guess they are purchasing rights for several remake). A few exceptions here and there:!:
[offtopic]

T is actually a girl as you can see from the picture :D

[/offtopic]
Nope.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Friends, Suggest me some nice inspiring movies! Something that would really inspire us to be better, which will make us look into our potential etc. I hope you all understand what I'm trying to imply. I remember someone suggesting to me Forrest Gump and Pursuit of Happiness and one more movie starring Robert Benigni I dont remember the name of it. Is it Life is beautiful?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Amelie, Groundhog Day and Spirited Away.

All are quite different and yet satisfying to the core.

Top Bottom