Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Lake Mungo (2008) - IMDb
Not an actual horror movie but a different type of movie. Its an indie movie but with good production values.I couldn't get it very well but you can give it a try.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Well Done Abba! (2009) - IMDb
Someone from this forum had recommended it long back forgot who. Anyways don't go by its stupid name the movie is entirely opposite its a good awareness film.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Lawless (2012) - 8.5/10
This movie is EPIC!!! seriously, excellent job by Tom hardy and Shia LaBeouf.
The dialogues, cinematography, story, plot & background music...every bit is exceptional.
must watch for all Tom hardy & Crime genre fans.

Ending is also good

I am a Fan of Tom Hardy now ;)

quan chi

mortal kombat
^Probably me?!
Maybe sorry I forgot.

Tiger zinda hai
Stunts of 70s,80s & 90s movies were more realistic, engrossing & better than this movie. I was laughing at most of the stunts.
Btw the story had potential,could have been far better than the first part but the movie just dropped to lowest low after 1hr.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Southbound (2015) - IMDb
Watchable. But watch it without reading or seeing anything about it. Its a weird horror flick. I mean it gives an illusion of a climax which does not happen. Overall its an okay film.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Sonu Ke Tittu Ki Sweety 7/10
Went in without any expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
It is a fun and light-hearted movie that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Good work by all the cast.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

icebags

Technomancer
The Beauty Inside - 8/10

life was crazy, then a fragile girl came and life became colourful. nice movie with interesting concept.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Black Panther 6.5/10

This movie is different than all recent or past Marvel movies and that is the reason this got all the praise.
Totally shunned the iconic comedy scenes of Marvel movies. No-nonsense approach to storytelling made it watchable.
The age old story retold in a comic/superhero premise. The director took good care of costume design and background music for sure.
Really appreciate there.

The 9th Life of Louis Drax 7/10

Poor man's "Pan's Labyrinth" not as poetic though but not bad in any way.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Veronica 7/10 (Netflix)

Good atmospheric horror with few clisched scenes. Check it out.

Golmal Again 4/10

Compare this to the first installment and the former feels like a classic!

Newton 8.5/10

A near perfect movie.
Rajkumar Rao is seldom shadowed by Pankaj Tripathi, I must say!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I really liked Mute. It has a cyberpunk aesthetic, stars ant man, and unflinchingly explores the darkest corners of the human mind.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
*resizing.flixster.com/aWjtiayPVuoivEyPtY1GoOs_IZc=/206x305/v1.bTsxMjIxOTY3NTtqOzE3NjQ2OzEyMDA7NzA4OzEwMDA
Gantz:O (2016) - 8/10

OMG!! How can I miss this movie....
Extremely awesome CGI and animation which is on par with FF and Tekken movies.
- Excellent plot
- Smooth actions & Boss fights

Must must watch for all Manga & CGI fans :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I really liked Mute. It has a cyberpunk aesthetic, stars ant man, and unflinchingly explores the darkest corners of the human mind.
Thanks. Started watching Travelers. Not much substance in general. Don't want to continue after 4 episodes.
Will start Mute from tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, it's a movie. Ok.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Watched Mute just now. Damn, I wasn't expecting what happens in this movie. It was a dark movie indeed.
I have so many mixed feelings for almost all characters.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Annihilation (Netflix) 8.5/10

Wow!!! This is how a sci-fi should be.
If Arrival was a prose this is a poem.
Strong storyline, good acting, great visual and matching CGI that does not overwhelm the story any way.
Just awesome.
Initially I was sceptic as it looked very similar to Arrival but turned out really good.
Go for it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Annihilation (Netflix) 8.5/10

Wow!!! This is how a sci-fi should be.
If Arrival was a prose this is a poem.
Strong storyline, good acting, great visual and matching CGI that does not overwhelm the story any way.
Just awesome.
Initially I was sceptic as it looked very similar to Arrival but turned out really good.
Go for it.
I watched Annihilation few days ago. Yes, on the surface it does seem to be a good movie. The end had those wtf moments. But overall the movie have a lot of loopholes, scientific fallacies and just didn't respect audience's intelligence to be frank. The review on imdb says a lot. But it's easy to be mislead, due to the end, which in itself makes you forget those fallacies which you witnessed throughout the film.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I watched Annihilation few days ago. Yes, on the surface it does seem to be a good movie. The end had those wtf moments. But overall the movie have a lot of loopholes, scientific fallacies and just didn't respect audience's intelligence to be frank. The review on imdb says a lot. But it's easy to be mislead, due to the end, which in itself makes you forget those fallacies which you witnessed throughout the film.
Fallacies or loopholes whatever you say has beautifully blended in this movie.
There are situations for which no explanation given. I liked that idea. Rather explaining anything, we were left to accept things as is. Almost, asking us to share author's view of the world.
If you look closely, you would find sci-fi plays a second or even third character in this movie.
Whereas in such other movies sci-fi plays an active (almost) leading role.

I like such movies, where the line is such blurred.
I liked and enjoyed what I saw.

Top Bottom