Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Hungry - Fans of brainfk movies, this one's for you. Nasiruddin shah, Tisca chopra. Not exactly brainfk but very unlike any Indian movies you must have seen before. Dont watch it if you dont have a strong appetite for gore movies. More like some korean/japanese movie. Very intense and gripping direction. Available on amazon prime.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
& jara hatke - Marathi movie, watched it with subtitles. It can give any Korean emotional movie a run for it's money! Well ahead of it's time.

The Hungry - Fans of brainfk movies, this one's for you. Nasiruddin shah, Tisca chopra. Not exactly brainfk but very unlike any Indian movies you must have seen before. Dont watch it if you dont have a strong appetite for gore movies. More like some korean/japanese movie. Very intense and gripping direction. Available on amazon prime.

Just thought of letting you know as I found it surprising that our Indian cinema can come up with something truly innovative & ironically,just by chance,I found out that plot of "& Jara hatke" is quite similar to a 2012 korean tv show "Love Rain". As wiki entry has spoiler ending just know that this show is about young children of a man & woman who couldn't marry because of circumstance but meet years later to decide to marry each other unaware about their children involvement with each other.

I am pretty sure that this "The Hungry" too is most likely inspired from some US/european/asian drama/movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Just thought of letting you know as I found it surprising that our Indian cinema can come up with something truly innovative & ironically,just by chance,I found out that plot of "& Jara hatke" is quite similar to a 2012 korean tv show "Love Rain". As wiki entry has spoiler ending just know that this show is about young children of a man & woman who couldn't marry because of circumstance but meet years later to decide to marry each other unaware about their children involvement with each other.

I am pretty sure that this "The Hungry" too is most likely inspired from some US/european/asian drama/movie.

Interesting. Didnt know about '& Jara Hatke'.

'The Hungry' is not entirely a new thing really. I can recall few Hollywood/Asian movies having a same thing. But for an Indian setting, it is something new and quite a shocker. Worth a watch.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting. Didnt know about '& Jara Hatke'.

'The Hungry' is not entirely a new thing really. I can recall few Hollywood/Asian movies having a same thing. But for an Indian setting, it is something new and quite a shocker. Worth a watch.
Wiki entry says it is an adaptation of Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus & with Naseeruddin Shah as actor no wonder you found it new & shocking(Titus Andronicus is considered by many as the most gory play of Shakespeare).

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Wiki entry says it is an adaptation of Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus & with Naseeruddin Shah as actor no wonder you found it new & shocking(Titus Andronicus is considered by many as the most gory play of Shakespeare).

Yes..the credits have mentioned that name.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Foreigner 7/10

A revenge drama. Jackie Chan on serious note is the refreshing thing in this movie.

I've a question though,
Imagine Jackie's character does not exist in this movie, does this make any impact in the story arch? I don't think so.
The police did a good job tracking the terrorist. If Jackie had not existed I'm sure they would have caught/killed the bad guys.

Bright 5.5/10

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this movie. Not much impressed though.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hot Fuzz (2007) - 8/10
Excellent movie, comedy with action.
Simon pegg has done great in this and also in Shawn of the Dead :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found Justice League more entertaining than Batman vs Superman-Dawn of Justice though that still means Justice League is Ok movie for a one time watch.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Watched
Star Wars:the last Jedi - 6/10
Not getting wats good about the movie

Jumanji welcome to the jungle - 7/10
but it’s nothing compared to original jumanji

Raees - 7/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Foreigner 7/10

A revenge drama. Jackie Chan on serious note is the refreshing thing in this movie.

I've a question though,
Imagine Jackie's character does not exist in this movie, does this make any impact in the story arch? I don't think so.
The police did a good job tracking the terrorist. If Jackie had not existed I'm sure they would have caught/killed the bad guys.
I think your spoiler question is right. Movie is good but due to the story or maybe script that character almost feels like an extra.

Top Bottom