Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bank Chor 6.5/10
(this is available in Amazon Prime FYI)

Till it reached the 'big reveal' scene I was wondering why such bad reviews of this. A really enjoyable movie. Then it seemed an inspiration of "Now you see me".
The hat and the money rain
Anyway, try it. May just enjoy this.

IT 7.5

Good horror movie since Conjuring series. I think of all recent horror stories very few directors really grasped the concept of horror. It's always about the unknown, unseen, the environment plays a big part in such movies. If it's revealed at the early stage then it's a tough task to keep audience's interest up till the end.

Baadshaho 4/10

Kuch bhi???!!! Why this movie even exists?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bank Chor 6.5/10
(this is available in Amazon Prime FYI)

Till it reached the 'big reveal' scene I was wondering why such bad reviews of this. A really enjoyable movie. Then it seemed an inspiration of "Now you see me".
The hat and the money rain
Anyway, try it. May just enjoy this.
Watched this movie on JetAirways flight.
Good low budget movie with a surprise twist....starts with a dull note but picks up as movie progresses

quan chi

mortal kombat
Chronicle (2012) - IMDb
Completely recommended. It is a well made movie. There may be a flaw in the story which may feel a bit rushed (so that they can reach the climax easily) but if we excuse it then overall its a good movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Thor Ragnarok - 7.5
Best of Thor series, funny with good visuals. Sometimes tries to be too funny, specially with Hulk. Felt like Cate tried too hard to be a convincing baddie. Very much familiar to GotG, better than Vol. 2

Star Wars The Last Jedi - 5
This is not Star Wars. Sure has got the name and looks, but doesn't feels like it. Same was with VII, but Rogue One was much better.
Biggest disappointment was Luke, and WTF with Snoke. You build a mystery around him in VII and just outright kill him.
Disney seems to be taking SW the Superhero route as well. Felt too long, could have easily skipped a lot of the unnecessary scenes.

Blade Runner 2049 - 9
This is how you make a sequel. Staying true to the original and visually stunning. Great performance by everyone and a brilliant soundtrack. A must watch.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The killing of a sacred deer - Those who love atmosphere horror, this one's for you. Not everyone's cup of tea. Quite a weird movie (not a surprise it's from the director of 'Lobster').. I didn't like Lobster, but loved this one.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Sunset Limited .......This movie is unique as hell, and almost impossible to get anyone interested, except for the people who like debate and believe in god, and love to dissect the prospect of life and death. What if I tell you if we give life to two most opposite sides of life, that is hope and despair, life and death, will to survive and suicide, Good and bad, optimism and pessimism, angle and devil ....... lets give then life , words, soul, and a body and put them together in a room and let them debate about what is essential to live, and what is essential to push someone to take his life. Who would win, overpower the other, will to survive or the notion that peace is only in death????

Some very huge deep and thought-provoking arguments and this movie it a steller in showcasing that.

The premise is same, two people Mr Black who is an uneducated convict and found salvage in God saves a man Mr White, who is an intellectual professor from taking his life and then begins the argument.

This isn’t your everyday typical argument between two men with differing beliefs. The two are genuinely so far apart, that neither understands the other. The lack of understanding breeds something of an intellectual and spiritual fascination which makes the conversation not only so long, but so interesting. It’s belief versus non-belief, but also optimism vs. pessimism, selfishness vs. altruism. Black and White, being the names of the characters, seems almost ironic in this context

Its a pure one and a half hour debate of the two sides of life and death and boy I could not believe it will be ever so interesting. I am a true Libran so debate and discussion is in my blood, so this movie anyhow turned out to be something special. But if just two people sitting in one room debating isnt quite the image that makes you interested then this movie definitely is not for you.

None the less, serious movie loves, dont miss this, a unique movie ...... 7/10 for this one.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Sunset Limited .......This movie is unique as hell, and almost impossible to get anyone interested, except for the people who like debate and believe in god, and love to dissect the prospect of life and death. What if I tell you if we give life to two most opposite sides of life, that is hope and despair, life and death, will to survive and suicide, Good and bad, optimism and pessimism, angle and devil ....... lets give then life , words, soul, and a body and put them together in a room and let them debate about what is essential to live, and what is essential to push someone to take his life. Who would win, overpower the other, will to survive or the notion that peace is only in death????

Some very huge deep and thought-provoking arguments and this movie it a steller in showcasing that.

The premise is same, two people Mr Black who is an uneducated convict and found salvage in God saves a man Mr White, who is an intellectual professor from taking his life and then begins the argument.

This isn’t your everyday typical argument between two men with differing beliefs. The two are genuinely so far apart, that neither understands the other. The lack of understanding breeds something of an intellectual and spiritual fascination which makes the conversation not only so long, but so interesting. It’s belief versus non-belief, but also optimism vs. pessimism, selfishness vs. altruism. Black and White, being the names of the characters, seems almost ironic in this context

Its a pure one and a half hour debate of the two sides of life and death and boy I could not believe it will be ever so interesting. I am a true Libran so debate and discussion is in my blood, so this movie anyhow turned out to be something special. But if just two people sitting in one room debating isnt quite the image that makes you interested then this movie definitely is not for you.

None the less, serious movie loves, dont miss this, a unique movie ...... 7/10 for this one.
Sounds very intriguing... Added to the watchlist. Thanks for recommending.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Star Wars The Last Jedi - 5
This is not Star Wars. Sure has got the name and looks, but doesn't feels like it. Same was with VII, but Rogue One was much better.
Biggest disappointment was Luke, and WTF with Snoke. You build a mystery around him in VII and just outright kill him.
Disney seems to be taking SW the Superhero route as well. Felt too long, could have easily skipped a lot of the unnecessary scenes.

Yeah, was wondering how to process that. Some bits were not like Star Wars, yet some other bits totally were. I would have been perfectly happy if they had just included the goofy wipe transitions from the original and prequel trilogies, that is the part that actually bothered me the most.
I liked the changes, the expanded force powers, that practically everything gets destroyed in the movie - the black x-wing, kylo ren's mask, Luke, Luke's sabre. However, a Skywalker is very important for the future of the franchise for me, so I don't see how that will work out. Luke was the hero for me in this movie, not Rey. Rian Johnson explained the Snoke thing as saying, there was no place in the narrative where he could explore Snoke's background without derailing the movie. Like if suddenly he turned out to be Darth Plagueis, it would suddenly bring in more complications. This way, fans can continue to theorise on Snoke, there is fodder for meta discussion, and maybe there are hints in there. The really smart thing was to put hyperspace tracking in Rogue One. Rogue One is my favourite SW movie so far.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Resident evil vendetta
Bad movie but watchable & tolerable. Don't as k to many questions & maybe you will enjoy it for sometime.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Jagga jasoos
Bad movie. Disappointed. This movie needed some more time some more thinking & some more intelligent script. The dialogues mostly are bad. Script is not good. Rhymes are badly made, cliched boring & stupid. Most of us here knows that its not an easy task to make a children's film I doubt even children will find it interesting.
Shruti's casting is wrong. The (not so much of an) actress mostly irritates & she can't act properly. Music is okay. Cinematography & acting by the lead actor & other supporting actors is what makes this movie somewhat tolerable. The tease at the end which hints about a sequel also fails to keep you hyped or interested, maybe its the fault of the entire movie. Its a good looking bad film. Well not everything is bad in this film there are few good scenes but thats about it nothing more.
The villains of this movie are story,script & dialogues. Its was a good move to make something different by the director but the attempt was not good at all. The whole movie looks like a new pre-production idea which was rushed to make a movie.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Not many people review Bollywood movies now. So nice to see you reviewing one. I liked the movie when I had watched it don't know how long ago. Better than most trash which hindi cinema makes.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^Thank you. I don't have any particular preferences I watch movies which I feel like watching. I had some expectations out of that movie but in the end it was disappointing. I would say it is average at best. Only good hindi movie I watched recently was ittefaq.

Anyways Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (Video 2018) - IMDb.
Completely recommened if you like the batman animated series.

Top Bottom