Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Secret Superstar 6/10

A clichéd idea made into a story, saved by good acting.
Watchable.

Anyway, I've an issue with the movie.
In a scene Farookh (Insia's father) returns home late at night and Sits on sofa at hall.
His wife brings food to him, in the mean time he removes his socks and gives them to his wife.
And, started eating without washing his hands!!!

How disgusting!? Why doesn't he wash hands?!

Why do we even watch the scene? Is it placed deliberately to evoke that disgust in the minds of audience or just a continuity error?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Secret Superstar 6/10

Watchable.

In a scene Farookh (Insia's father) returns home late at night and Sits on sofa at hall.
His wife brings food to him, in the mean time he removes his socks and gives them to his wife.

Why do we even watch the scene? Is it placed deliberately to evoke that disgust in the minds of audience or just a continuity error?
Then I hope you never get to watch korean tv show "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince" because some "socks scenes" in that show makes the scene above look like a children's joke.:p

icebags

Technomancer
Secret Superstar 6/10

Watchable.

there is no deny, that there are such people in society. if you hopp footpath food stalls, you will doscover, actual hygiene concepts & standards are pretty low among humans.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Hahaha... do u even care for it while watching movies ? I never have it in the back of my mind while watching movies :D

Flash

Lost in speed
Suicide Squad: Hell to pay - 6/10.

Though DC is good in Animated movies - I felt something lacking in this movie. May it's because of the dark tone, but at least it's better than the Batman: Assault on Arkham movie. I really liked the way, they've connected this movie with Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox thus making a versatile New 52 DC Animated universe.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
It might be a seen purposely created to create Humor :)
I don't think so.
In most movies when such comic scene happens, the scene has a build up, then some screentime given specific to that, then a few persons react insde the film, so that audience too fcuses on that.
Here this is continious.
Comparable to Leonardo's scene in "D'jango Unchained" where he breaks a glass in mid of speech, starts bleeding and still continues.
I enquired about that too, ound that was not scripted and Leo did seriously cut his hand. But the blood seemed to fit the scene to it was kept rather doing a retake.

Comparing "Secret Superstar" to "D'jango Unchained" is far fetched and too much to tolerate I agree. I rasied the ref. to compare that such scenes could just be a continuity error.
The "sock" scene is not too subtle to pass it as a "black comedy" element, and not too thick so that I can call it a "slap-stick" or "crass" humor.
Even, the tone of the scene does not deamand humor.

The only two possibilities appear to me, either deliberately crafted to evoke additional disgust against him or just a continuity error.
I hope u have seen the Amir khan movie "Mela" long back ;)
Unfortunately yes.
Remember the water drinking scene by Johnny Lever? I'll accept that as crass/toilet humor.
Then again, if you recall, the scene focuses on the activity and expects reaction from audience. Recall how the Khan bros made faces as Johnny Lever had drunk the bottle.
You reacted kinda same on the scene. In subconscious, you followed the cue of the Khan bros there.

Nothing such here for "Secret Superstar"

quan chi

mortal kombat
Molly's Game (2017) - IMDb
Gerald's Game (2017) - IMDb

Everyone is playing games now! Molly played it good. The later I did not like. May not be for every one I guess.

The commuter
Watchable.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ready Player One was pulled out of all multiplexes all over India because of some issue.Some are guessing movie was not supposed to be released in the same week as USA but a week later but some overzealous multiplex executives decided to premier it on 30th Mar which got Warner Bros unhappy.Let's hope it gets released next week though movie is a poor adaptation of book which as per imdb reviews is much superior to the movie.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ender's game is one of those movies, that I crave to rewatch. And already watched atleast 3 times at different occasions.

I don't know the feelings I get when I watch it. The leadership skills? The visuals? The story? The presentation/direction? I don't know what I like the most among these. Maybe its the mix of all those things and it have made me watch it again and again.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Edge of Darkness (2010) - IMDb
Edge of Darkness: As homicide detective Thomas Craven investigates the death of his activist daughter, he uncovers not only her secret life, but a corporate cover-up and government collusion that attracts an agent tasked with cleaning up the evidence.

PS: As father of an 8 year old daughter I simply can understand the pain in losing one's kid. I was in tears when seeing the last few minutes.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Inside Out (2015) - 9/10
Pixar has made many gem of movies and Inside Out is one of them. Really deserved Oscar and after UP one of excellent movies.
Kudos!!

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anyone watched 'A Quiet Place'?
Hearing good things about it but want to know if any important scenes have been censored in Indian release?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom