Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

A

amit.tiger12

Yes. Watched Flying Punjab. What an awesome movie.
Really liked the direction, the music and the acting of all lead actors. Loved the gore. Not some fairy tale happy ending. But the director didn't shy from gore, violence and tragedy. Enough said.

Must watch!
Is it dubbed in English?? Flying Punjab??

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Udta punjab - very good on lines of devd..

liked starting but ending was depressing and incomplete..kareena dies ..lead characters killing villains easily..
best thing was music by amit trivedi ..dont watch with family.

Overall you will like if you are fan of kashyap or devd...7/10 due to music
else 5/10 as climax was bad

Last edited:

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Udta punjab - very good on lines of devd.. liked starting but ending was depressing and incomplete..kareena dies ..lead characters killing villains easily.. best thing was music by amit trivedi ..dont watch with family.

Overall you will like if you are fan of kashyap or devd...7/10 due to music else 5/10 as climax was bad
Wtf man, spoiler you destroyed the movie for me

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
sorry ppl for spoiler..just go n watch udta punjab in theatre alone or gf not family ..anyway release ki 3days ke bad idhar review nahi dekhna :devil_NF:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Hardcore Henry
Cut scene after cut scene with no game play. With some cliched & cheesy dialogues. Overall this movie is not bad. Its watchable.

ashs1

Padawan
Kabhi Ha Kabhi Na(1993) - 8/10

One of the best movies of Shah Rukh Khan.This movie surely goes into my top5 movies of Srk list. He was surely at his best in the 90's
Kudos to the director - Kundan shah, for such a fine movie.

Angry Birds - 7.5/10

a great movie. Especially, if you are a fan of Goofy comedy movies. Some of my friends found this to be average flick, but i liked it a lot. Dialogues were epic.

XMen - Apocalypse - 6/10

The first thing that comes to my mind after i heard about this movie was :"The Xmen is horribly stretched. Movies are getting boring & not much has to be expected from the new film..
But, it slightly surprised me. The movie slightly exceeded my expectations which were way low. Thankfully, they didn't make it a wolverine-centric movie again.
One time watch.

PRIMER - ?/10

Went over my head. i have to watch it again to even give it a proper rating. dafaq ???:scared_NF:

Triangle - 7/10

Again, this is one of those movies which i have to watch again to fully understand the plot. But based on the first watch, i liked what i saw.
A Set of events keep repeating again & again & again & again....Fk Deja vu, this is some serious $h!t !!
Will have to watch it again & if there's any change in ratings, i'll post it again.

My next movie on the watch list is Kundan Shah's satirical comedy - Jaane bhi do yaaron(1983).

icebags

Technomancer
Independence Day: Resurgence - 7/10

they are back, bigger, bolder but not necessarily better, to cause a boom, with their retro machines but with new operating system interfaces. this time they brought frieza along too. and yah they appeared very angry on the chinese. :D

the movie though, visually very interesting, but ran like a whip, at least in the first half. it did not feel boring, however, it felt like not much was happening. in the second half, things started to happen a bit, even though not too unpredictable. advanced aliens came eating after eating lot of civilizations, crossing great interstellar distances, to get their arses kicked with their own technology.

first movie was kinda blood warming, it had hot scenes & dialogues i think. this one one the other had had not much of those. anyways, was fun to watch, don't try to explore any logic behind what is going on in the movie, cause they don't tally up in the last.

but the octopus on head scene was scary, i wonder why there was not much brain damage or paralysis due to that. to the least, i expected some hairfall, it only looked like dandruff after octopus was pulled off.

*i.imgur.com/TNZSsW0.jpg?1

also, after the psychic queen was destroyed, everything fell out of sky, but how could that ship go away ? weird.....

one thing i learned from the movie - our descendants will be machines, not biological lifeforms. :)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Kriti 6/10

This is short (18 minute) film by Sirish Kundar.
Good but he still could not leave the urge to be flashy and zany to grab attention and overwhelm audience.

Check it out here,

[YOUTUBE]b5GGKuK3iEI[/YOUTUBE]

Qissa 7/10

A marvelously acted and at the same time snail paced movie on a complex subject.
Enter only if you think you have patience.

Gods of Egypt 5/10

This is a nonsense movie, apt for kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Un illustre inconnu (2014) - IMD

Has anyone seen this movie.

Watched in flight last year and loved it very much. Never noticed someone mentioning it here though.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Triple 9 6/10

This movie took it's time to reach main point and then ended.
Highly in-coherent and at times boring.

Action scenes are well choreographed though.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Independence Day: Resurgence. (3/5)

More proof that slapping millions of dollars worth of CGI over lack-luster acting does not make a good movie.

Top Bottom