Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Phobia 7.5/10

This is one nice movie and somewhat original idea in the horror genre after a looong time.

Radhika Apte nails it, kills it, embraces it, lives it and does even more than you can expect.
She proved she's one fine actress that is going to give competition to her colleagues.

Watch it if possible, you won't regret.

And obviously the background score. Just awesome.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Deadpool

Up there on very top of my list, for boredom, good dialogues spoken terribly, and most importantly for horrible acting by Mr. Deadpool himself.

5/10, because I was in great mood when I watched it and somehow didn't fall asleep!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Angry Birds (2016) -6/10

Plot Summary:
When an island populated by happy, flightless birds is visited by mysterious green piggies, it's up to three unlikely outcasts - Red, Chuck and Bomb - to figure out what the pigs are up to.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Deadpool

Up there on very top of my list, for boredom, good dialogues spoken terribly, and most importantly for horrible acting by Mr. Deadpool himself.

5/10, because I was in great mood when I watched it and somehow didn't fall asleep!

Something tells me, you not feeling asleep, wasn't due to the assumption that the movie was boring.

pratik385

In the zone
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - 7/10

Totally loved it :)
I'm a fan of TMNT and used to play the game on video game console.
Very funny and action is also good.
Megan Fox :*

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
IP Man (1,2,3) - Quite a realistic Martial Art movie series with some realistic actions. Definitely not those "flying martial arts" type.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
IP Man (1,2,3) - Quite a realistic Martial Art movie series with some realistic actions. Definitely not those "flying martial arts" type.

though no one 'flies' in them, but there's wire-fu definitely in there, esp. in 2 of the parts (which two?! IDK. I always remain royally confused in which part is which!).

A

amit.tiger12

Actually you can put in other better words, "Good realistic martial arts with better story"

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
though no one 'flies' in them, but there's wire-fu definitely in there, esp. in 2 of the parts (which two?! IDK. I always remain royally confused in which part is which!).

But every bit of action is as realistic as it can be which is not the case usually in traditional martial art movies.

Actually you can put in other better words, "Good realistic martial arts with better story"

Indeed. :)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
But every bit of action is as realistic as it can be which is not the case usually in traditional martial art movies.
I'd only say that for the first part though. overall quite realistic scenes, barring a very few. but down the line more wire fu was involved in the iterations. but yes, this was the most realistic mainstream movie (or series) on wing chun which became so famous. i have a couple of old flicks on the same style with very less frills to them, so may not look very 'pleasing'.

a few other martial arts movies that i admire for their realistic-looking action are - 'the raid: redemption' (only the first one; based on Indonesian 'Silat'), 'Ong Bak' (traditional Muay Thai), 'Tom Yum Goong' (Muay Boran and Jiu Jitsu), 'Merantau' (Silat again), 'The Hunted' and those like the Jason Bourne series/Ek Hasina Thi (FMA or Kali/Panantukan), 'blood & bone' & a couple of other Michael Jai White movies, 'Ninja' & other Scott Adkins movies like 'Undisputed 3', JC's 'rumble in the bronx' & 'gorgeous' (these latter four, not particularly so much realisitc may be, but the 'in your face' action is gripping; scott adkins in first two & brad allan in the last are show-stealers, zimplee!).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I'd only say that for the first part though. overall quite realistic scenes, barring a very few. but down the line more wire fu was involved in the iterations. but yes, this was the most realistic mainstream movie (or series) on wing chun which became so famous. i have a couple of old flicks on the same style with very less frills to them, so may not look very 'pleasing'.

a few other martial arts movies that i admire for their realistic-looking action are - 'the raid: redemption' (only the first one; based on Indonesian 'Silat'), 'Ong Bak' (traditional Muay Thai), 'Tom Yum Goong' (Muay Boran and Jiu Jitsu), 'Merantau' (Silat again), 'The Hunted' and those like the Jason Bourne series/Ek Hasina Thi (FMA or Kali/Panantukan), 'blood & bone' & a couple of other Michael Jai White movies, 'Ninja' & other Scott Adkins movies like 'Undisputed 3', JC's 'rumble in the bronx' & 'gorgeous' (these latter four, not particularly so much realisitc may be, but the 'in your face' action is gripping; scott adkins in first two & brad allan in the last are show-stealers, zimplee!).

Thanks for the insight and suggestions for all these movies. :) Time to download them.

Top Bottom