Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

amjath

Human Spambot
About Inception

In the final moments of the film we see the object continue to spin which indicates that the whole thing is not real even though the treatment of scene makes us think it is real.

What then is really real?

The ending was made like that. But these 3 points makes it as real and it is not a dream.

1. The Kids' faces will not be shown in any part of the movie except in the end.
2. Kids look grown in the end than in previous dream scenes.
If you see the cast in credits/imdb you will find 2 James and Phillipa names.
Claire Geare ... Phillipa (3 years)
Magnus Nolan ... James (20 months)
Taylor Geare ... Phillipa (5 years)
Johnathan Geare ... James (3 years)
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
3. Read somewhere that the totem actually topples in the background after the screen goes dark when you listen in proper environment[speakers]

quan chi

mortal kombat
Mr Holmes 2015
Less crime/thrills more drama. A well made film. Must watch for holmes fan but be warned if you seek heavy mysteries & thrills go somewhere else.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Deliver Us from Evil (2014) - 7.5/10
Excellent Horror movie and also from Director of Sinister.

If you enjoy horror flicks like I do, and the supernatural and demon stuff, def check this out.
Not much gore, just very dark and creepy with it's share of make you jump moments.

Watched this today. I like supernatural horror movies about exorcism & I kind of liked it. I'd rate it 6.5/10.
The good thing was for the first 3/4th of the movie it was kind of different from a lot of horror movies I've seen.

Also watched Insidious Chapter 3: 5.5/10. All jump scares & the use of sound .. more annoying than scary. The slow build up of tension, Character very slowly turns and looks we've seen that a thousand times now. Atleast it was quite better than the 2nd.

Gollum

Collector
Anybody watched ATTACK ON TITAN: END OF THE WORLD?

Yep, I like the anime but the movie was kind of meh

- - - Updated - - -

Watch this movie for Ha Yoo....Being a big fan of "A Dirty Carnival"*, "Ha-wool-ling" and "Gangnam Blues"

His latest work, the historical drama “Frozen Flower” was highly controversial on its release thanks to its graphic sex scenes and for tackling the taboo subject of homosexuality in an even more frank. The sex scenes are beautifully shot and artistic, with the three leads all giving committed and brave performances, especially Jo In Sung, who is excellent as the increasingly tormented Hong in a very difficult role.

A Frozen Flower (2008) 7.5/10
"Ssang-hwa-jeom" (original title)
133 min | Drama, History, Romance | 30 December 2008 (South Korea)

Copycat of *A Dirty Carnival...In tamil...Jigarthanda (2014)
Won National Award...Best Supporting Actor & Editing.,

SPL II is a sequel to the 2005 film SPL: Sha Po Lang, which was directed by Wilson Yip and starred Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung and Simon Yam. SPL II featured a completely new storyline.,

SPL II is a combination of Wu Jing & Tony Jaa....bone-crushingly satisfying action movie, The action choreography is hard-hitting: fists are flying, bodies are tumbling and you can almost sense the wind rushing around you with how fast these performers are moving.

SPL 2: A Time for Consequences (2015) 7.5/10
"Saat po long 2" (original title)
120 min | Action, Crime, Drama | 18 June 2015

I see you like asian movies.
Something that interests me.
post some more mate :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
About four years ago, I imagined myself in U.S. at this time around. I had a wish to celebrate the Back To The Future date, 21-Oct-2015, in some BTTF convention, somewhere around Hollywood.

Well, that couldn't happen. So now I am here celebrating the trilogy by watching the first part today, then will watch the second part tomorrow and ending by watching the final part sometime in future.

I wonder if anyone else is watching the trilogy to commemorate the best trilogy sci fi fans ever saw.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Murder by Death
Good parody of some famous detective characters. I still don't understand what was so wonderful in "Then there were none" book that it got so famous. I found the story only good moreover towards the end of the story you can almost guess the climax. The climax of the movie is interesting & it almost hints the same thing.

icebags

Technomancer
About four years ago, I imagined myself in U.S. at this time around. I had a wish to celebrate the Back To The Future date, 21-Oct-2015, in some BTTF convention, somewhere around Hollywood.

Well, that couldn't happen. So now I am here celebrating the trilogy by watching the first part today, then will watch the second part tomorrow and ending by watching the final part sometime in future.

I wonder if anyone else is watching the trilogy to commemorate the best trilogy sci fi fans ever saw.

today is the future day - 21/10/2015. r u celebrating ? with cakes and cookies ! :-D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
today is the future day - 21/10/2015. r u celebrating ? with cakes and cookies ! :-D

Not exactly with cakes and cookies. But surely today will mark the end of an era.
An era when I use to wish for a DeLorean fitted with Flux Capacitor. And even though we couldn't have the time machine today, it's said about Time Machine that it's irrelevant when we want it. Also, I am sure something got screwed up in this timeline, and because of that the hoverboard is getting delayed.

Top Bottom