Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am just a fool.. fool in love!

*www.reddit.com/r/BacktotheFuture/comments/3pm3ad/i_once_hoped_i_will_be_in_california_on_this_day/

icebags

Technomancer
Not exactly with cakes and cookies. But surely today will mark the end of an era.
An era when I use to wish for a DeLorean fitted with Flux Capacitor. And even though we couldn't have the time machine today, it's said about Time Machine that it's irrelevant when we want it. Also, I am sure something got screwed up in this timeline, and because of that the hoverboard is getting delayed.

interesting thought.....

i here though thought some multiplex / halls will come up with some special show for the trilogy on a day or something. but there is not a word anywhere.....
guess theatre wallas here dont care about sentiments of movie fans. all they care about is making money and selling popcorns. :D
meanwhile in various other western & australian parts of the world, people are doing party over bttf.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes, hence the reddit thread I shared, where I described how I wanted to be in California right now. And movie theaters would screen what gives them profit. I think there isn't much fan following here to warrant a special screening of BTTF.

Anyway, I am just about to start the part 2 of BTTF in an hour! It will be a blast!! :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
chinatown
Another movie with a disturbing ending.Overall a must watch if you like jack nicholson & roman polanski's other suspense movies.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Posthumous - Love story on the backdrop of contemporary art. Watched it for Brit Marlings and I wasn't disappointed.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Back in time
Good watch for BTTF fans or rather a decent watch. If you liked BTTF but not a fan you can avoid it.

Last edited:

Inceptionist

Journeyman
The Walk (in IMAX 3D) - A great movie by Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, Contact, Cast Away, Flight) which tells the story of the World Trade Center walk. A damn fine use of 3D.

Also recommended is Man on Wire,a documentary made like a heist movie about the same subject.

ashs1

Padawan
Terminator genisys : 4.5/10
The worst movie of this franchise..the reboot totally fell flat and felt a bit confusing at times.. Arnold did well, Emilia Clarke and jai Courtney were okay.

piku : 9/10
What a wonderful movie..there is no as such a defined plot, but the underline of this quirky comedy film is amitabh suffers from constipation and gets crankier day by day..this affects everyone around him. I won't say more in case I spoil it for someone.
There were some moments in this movie where I could relate it my life, making this movie even more enjoyable.
Acting wise, amitabh bachchan was great.( at times loud though), deepika and irffan were fantastic..
A must watch movie.!!!!

quan chi

mortal kombat
The hound of the baskervilles(1959)
I don't know how this movie got so much high ratings at rotten tomato & even at IMDB its rated a bit higher. I may be wrong too but I found this movie to be somewhat funny, mainly due to the acting. This was my first sherlock holmes novel & one of my favourites too. However in this movie it looks like every character has an ego and shows it wherever they gets the chance (except Dr watson.lol). It seems they were acting for a theater & not for a movie.
I think the modern sherlock holmes movies by Guy Ritchie is far better.
I am sorry but It falls somewhere between must not watch and maybe watch.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't know how this movie got so much high ratings at rotten tomato & even at IMDB its rated a bit higher. I may be wrong too but I found this movie to be somewhat funny, mainly due to the acting. This was my first sherlock holmes novel & one of my favourites too. However in this movie it looks like every character has an ego and shows it wherever they gets the chance (except Dr watson.lol). It seems they were acting for a theater & not for a movie.

Dude, 1959... Ok? If you want to watch Epic Sherlock Holmes movies then watch the series, Sherlock (TV Series 2010– ) - IMDb.
Every episode is actually full movie. Ep 2 of Season 2 is the series adaptation of 'baskerville'. And granted that it was one of the weakest episode, but as long as the whole series go, it's amazing.

I enjoyed it, of course coz I too am a great fan of BTTF Trilogy ........ What was surprising was I didn't have a clue of MJ Fox's condition, and when I saw the interview I was like WTH!, and I googled. Man I was shocked, parkinson at an age fo 35!! I loved this actor and seeing him in this condition really saddened me. What was a bit funny was the whole time I though he was giving a damm performance in "The Good Wife" but now I realise it was all natural, not that I would take anything away from this fine actor, but just that realising that now make me even more sad ...... we all are celebrating the future date, but I wish MJ Fox a better health and a long life in future .......

I came to know about Marty (he will always be Marty for me) condition, about a year ago, I felt deeply saddened too. It's something you wish you never lived to see. I wish we had a cure for it. Or if Doc Brown could go back to the Future and bring a cure. Sadly that may never happen in this reality.

D

Deleted member 118788

Watch "The Hound of the Baskerville" from Sherlock TV Series of 1980s featuring Jeremy Brett. It is much better than all other including the new Sherlock.

Top Bottom