Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Dude, 1959... Ok? If you want to watch Epic Sherlock Holmes movies then watch the series, Sherlock (TV Series 2010– ) - IMDb.
Every episode is actually full movie. Ep 2 of Season 2 is the series adaptation of 'baskerville'. And granted that it was one of the weakest episode, but as long as the whole series go, it's amazing.
Thanks for the recommendation I saw three episodes & liked them. They were good. I generally don't watch any kind of series if they don't have anything special. The last & the only series which i saw completely was twin peaks.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the recommendation I saw three episodes & liked them. They were good. I generally don't watch any kind of series if they don't have anything special. The last & the only series which i saw completely was twin peaks.

As I said, it's not actually a series. It's a collection of movies. 3 seasons. 3 movies.
You gotta love them, if you like Sherlock.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Watch "The Hound of the Baskerville" from Sherlock TV Series of 1980s featuring Jeremy Brett. It is much better than all other including the new Sherlock.

Saw few minutes of few episodes. Looks interesting will see one completely later. However One thing i noticed this one follows the book very closely. Infact few dialogues are just lifted from the book as they were. nonetheless its far better than that funny movie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 118788

Saw few minutes of few episodes. Looks interesting will see one completely later. However One thing i noticed this one follows the book very closely. Infact some of the dialogues are just lifted from the book as they were. nonetheless its far better than that funny movie.

Yes, this series follows the book completely. I like it more than the modern Sherlock as the storyline of book is much better and feels real.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Saw few minutes of few episodes. Looks interesting will see one completely later. However One thing i noticed this one follows the book very closely. Infact some of the dialogues are just lifted from the book as they were. nonetheless its far better than that funny movie.

This is the best Sherlock Holmes adaptation yet. Jeremy Brett has done a marvelous job. Watch it and you would love it.
He successfully brought out the Sherlock Holmes of our imagination.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Camp X-Ray - 8/10

Actress looks like a young boy not cut out for a soldier. Amazing performance from the detainee.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Before we go - Good direction by Captain America for his first venture. Setup reminded me of Before Sunset, but has it's own story.

Last edited:

rowdy

Banned
In the Mood for Love- Two neighbors, a woman and a man, form a strong bond after both suspect extramarital activities of their spouses. However, they agree to keep their bond platonic so as not to commit similar wrongs.

rowdy

Banned
La Dolce Vita - A series of stories following a week in the life of a philandering paparazzo journalist living in Rome.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
[MENTION=134188]shreeux[/MENTION] and [MENTION=314441]rowdy[/MENTION]

Either of you are using second account to post.
Any particular reason?

quan chi

mortal kombat
sherlock (2010) season 2 is really bad. At least the last episode was slightly better.
season 3 first episode was okay. I don't understand why they are overdoing the drama.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
sherlock (2010) season 2 is really bad. At least the last episode was slightly better.
season 3 first episode was okay. I don't understand why they are overdoing the drama.

Well, the only episode I found bad was ep 2 of seson 2. But rest were awesome.
Its not over drama, I like to think it as trying to present the Sherlock Holmes in modern age, while still retaining his roots that is books, and previous works decades ago.

Top Bottom