Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
While we're young 8/10

Yeah, this deserves 8. Ummm...yeah I'm certain of it.

This is probably the best Ben Stiller movie I've seen yet and it's not a comedy!

Fare warning, it's boring but has a reward for you if you can hold till the end.
The reward is the fullness that you get after eating a good meal. It's the same. It's pure satisfaction of watching a good movie.

Ben Stiller did very well, Naomi Watts is good and still beautiful.

More I think about this movie, the more I like.

It can be compared with onion may be. Full of layers but each layer shows you something totally different.
And, prize goes for most uninspired climax ever shot in cinema...at least for me.

Watch it. Invest time, have patience and you might just want to thank me later.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Interstellar
3rd or maybe 4th time. Love it or hate it but you cannot ignore the fact that this movie not only entertains but touches you emotionally too. I have never seen any other space movies so many times not even 2001. Btw 2010 is also a good (way underrated) movie which I had mentioned earlier too.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
[h=1]Closer to the Moon (2013) = 7/10[/h]Plot Summary:A Romanian police officer teams up with a small crew of old friends from the World War II Jewish Resistance to pull off a heist by convincing everyone at the scene of the crime that they are only filming a movie.

[h=1]Sword of Vengeance (2015) = 4/10[/h]
Plot Summary:Vengeance is the driving force behind a shadow walker's return to Norman conquered Saxon lands after the Battle of Hastings and a brutal repression of it's people by a cruel lord.

[h=1]Everest (2015) = 9/10[/h]
Plot Summary:A climbing expedition on Mt. Everest is devastated by a severe snow storm.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Interstellar
3rd or maybe 4th time. Love it or hate it but you cannot ignore the fact that this movie not only entertains but touches you emotionally too. I have never seen any other space movies so many times not even 2001. Btw 2010 is also a good (way underrated) movie which I had mentioned earlier too.

If any space movie is under rated, its Mission to Mars. Its one heck of a movie. It's thought provoking, great music and emotionally involving where it should be.

quan chi

mortal kombat
If any space movie is under rated, its Mission to Mars. Its one heck of a movie. It's thought provoking, great music and emotionally involving where it should be.

Now mission to mars has an unconvincing climax also many useless scenes which also I had mentioned in this thread earlier. I would have agreed if you had put the name Red planet instead. That movie is pretty good too don't deserve the current imdb rating.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Kis kis ko pyaar karu 5/10

This is a mindless comedy. Lacks logic, lacks sense but would make you laugh for sure.

Most of the heavy lifting was left to Kapil and he tried and tried very hard. Even his one liners was not enough to save this movie.
Even if everyone had given an Oscar wining performance, this would still be bad nonsense movie.
At times it would be thiose one liners that would make you re-think of not leaving the theater halfway of the movie.

Let me tell you one more thing that would help you to decide if you should go for this.

Have you seen "Sajan chale sasural" ? If yes, you've seen the best movie of this genre.
Have you seen "Garam Masala" (Akshyay and John)? If yes, you have seen the crappiest movie of this genre.

"Kis kis ko pyaar karu" falls in between of these two.

It's bad, it's nonsense but could just make you laugh those two and half hours.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Interstellar

thoughts on the soundtrack ? I think it deserved oscar more than alexandre desplat's score

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
San Andreas
7/10

Entourage
7/10(for people who watched the TV series)
6.5/10 for others
People who watched the TV series well find this as another episode (a long one)

Mission Impossible rogue nation
7.5/10 action is good

quan chi

mortal kombat
Fools gold (Can be avoided if you don't like stupidity)

Sahara (Better than the above with a tight script & better story. However one drawback is that within all the chaos in the story the main focus is diverted)

Romancing with the stone (Better than the above two)

quan chi

mortal kombat
The day of the jackal
Good,interesting & well made movie. Will read the book soon

The jackal
If you compare with the original then its an average movie. Even if you don't compare its not that good.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Journey to the West (2013) - 7.5/10
Awesome movie...well I have seen Kung Fu Hustle & Shaolin Soccer by Stephen Chow and this one also is amazing.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
One of member recommend here...!!!

This is truly a visual masterpiece! The pacing, the direction, the mood and love everything perfect.,

About a tragic love triangle story involving young painter Hye-young, Interpol detective Jeong Woo, and professional hitman Park Yi.

Deiji (2006) 7/10
110 min | Drama, Romance | 9 March 2006 (South Korea)

Why the theme reminds me of "Gangster" ?
Both released in 2006.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Watched for JCVD, He did supporting role only also dead at the end,
There are no martial arts or big fight scenes and it’s really more of a modern Western than anything. It was actually frustrating to even have him in the movie as it was a total waste and it was the kind of role that anyone could have done.

Swelter (2014) 5/10
R | 96 min | Action, Crime, Drama | 22 May 2014

Watched a JCVD movie this week , Maximum Risk. Almost a 6/10

Zishi

Broken In
Watch Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" and forget about every movie except "Inception", "memento", "TDK Trilogy" , "the Prestige".... i mean all christopher's movies...

What a perfection, Robust logic.....

Interstellar (2014) 9/10

Top Bottom