Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Bajrangi bhaijaan 7/10
Undoubtedly the best movie of Salman Khan in recent times.
Overall movie was good but some things didn't look realistic. But can be ignored.
The girl in the movie was cute.
offtopic I have not been that active here. Have there been any posts from folks here regarding Bahubali?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
offtopic I have not been that active here. Have there been any posts from folks here regarding Bahubali?
Yes, start reading from 4 pages back.

- - - Updated - - -

Sparks 5.8/10

A superhero movie with a different way of representation.
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION], well its obviously not up to the mark of Watchmen. You could give this a try.

Flash

Lost in speed
Anybody watched Justice League: Gods & Monsters?
My take - 8/10

It's a different take on the JL, that we know now and much darker than the previously released New-52 movies (JL: Flashpoint paradox/War/Throne of Atlantis).

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Bajrangi bhaijaan
Emotional blackmail. Even books could not teach people what will movies teach!
Anyways far superior than kabir khan's previous garbage. In fact comparing this with his previous film would be an insult to this film.
Though this movie has some cliche especially towards the end but still it could be ignored.
Yes its a good must watch movie.

Kabir Khan is coming with "Phantom" and surprisingly its again about India - Pakistan issues but with different take. But I have some feelings that it may not be a decent intelligent flick ..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Child 44 - Based on the serial child killings in Russia during the war era. Tom Hardy / Noomi Rapace in a gripping role. A bit too lengthy like Hitler: The rise of evil.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
at least u saw the post credits, the cinema hall i went to, dropped curtain in front of our face. total movie arrogant people. :-x
I don't remember cinema hall with curtains .. ?

Saw Appleseed Alpha
A 3D animation movie , one time watch only if you love CGI / 3D animation. Technically a very advance movie and logically .. don't even bother to ask. :p . Its about future after a major WAR, earth is full of cyborg and android, they also also have humanoid..
My ratings: 6/10

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh... There are cinema halls with curtains. I saw a movie in one such hall while I was in Jaipur. Name of the cinema hall is Raj Mandir. It's very fascinating to be there. Feels very royal.
Curtains are closed while in intervals too. You can checkout the pics here:
Rajmandir gallery

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
That makes sense.., old cinema halls have curtains, I have heard about Rajmandir, my mom told me about it and how royalish it is and she saw it in her childhood.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ex Machina 9/10

I'm amazed and I'm in love.

Its movies like these made me an avid movie viewer. Its movies like these that motivate me to not lose hope on B-grade C-grade movies.
Its movies like these that inspired someone to create this thread.

Must watch!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ex Machina 9/10

I'm amazed and I'm in love.

Its movies like these made me an avid movie viewer. Its movies like these that motivate me to not lose hope on B-grade C-grade movies.
Its movies like these that inspired someone to create this thread.

Must watch!

Looks like a must watch. I know the ending though. Spoiled somewhere.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Survivor (2015) -7/10

Milla Jovovich stars in 'Survivor', a thriller about a State Department employee newly posted to the American embassy in London, where she is charged with stopping terrorists from getting into the U.S. Putting her in the line of fire: targeted for death, framed for crimes she didn't commit, discredited and on the run. Now she must find a way to clear her name and stop a large-scale terrorist attack set for New Year's Eve in New York's Times Square.

Hot Pursuit (2015) -7/10

An uptight by-the-book cop must protect the widow of a drug boss from crooked cops and gunmen.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ant-Man 6/10

Average superhero movie. "Gurdians of the Galaxy" was better than this...and "Gurdians of the Galaxy" was average in itself.

But, to be very frank...reminded me of Makkhi/Eega movie. I think they did a better job.

Top Bottom