Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The trailer seemed OK nothing intriguing as you guys are posting here. It seems like a usual hollywood movie where man creates machine & the machine develops emotions.
PS: I'm not into Sci-Fi movies, only Nolan's movie impressed me.

It's not Nolan type entertainer. It's more clinical in execution with fair bit of suspense.

The basic premise is very well what troubles the current AI scientists.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... There are cinema halls with curtains. I saw a movie in one such hall while I was in Jaipur. Name of the cinema hall is Raj Mandir. It's very fascinating to be there. Feels very royal.
Curtains are closed while in intervals too. You can checkout the pics here:
Rajmandir gallery

I guess they may use it for theatrical performances too. That's why curtains.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on the Japanese novel "Kasha" by author Miyuki Miyabe (published July 15, 1992 by Futabasha Publishers). Novel was translated into English in 1999 and published under the title of "All She Was Worth".

A woman suddenly disappears. Her fiance then sets out to find her and, in the process, uncovers layers of dark hidden secrets.

Helpless (2012) 7/10
"Hoa-cha" (original title)
117 min | Mystery, Thriller | 8 March 2012 (South Korea)

This was one amazing movie mind bending movie from Korea after a long time. Brilliant ending.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
This was one amazing movie mind bending movie from Korea after a long time. Brilliant ending.

Helpless was good. I had watched it few years back and found it average. Watched it again and totally loved it this time. Have you watched 101 Architecture yet? It is a must watch for hardcore Korean movies fans here. Sadly, I am the only one who seemed to have watched it yet.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Helpless was good. I had watched it few years back and found it average. Watched it again and totally loved it this time. Have you watched 101 Architecture yet? It is a must watch for hardcore Korean movies fans here. Sadly, I am the only one who seemed to have watched it yet.

Ok, I will get 101. There werent really any more good movies from Korea. So wasn't keen to watch anything.

I have these in my current list:
Tanu Weds Manu Returns
Edge of Tomorrow
Nightcrawler

Helpless makes you think even after movie ends. I learned to appreciate it after few days.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok, I will get 101. There werent really any more good movies from Korea. So wasn't keen to watch anything.

I have these in my current list:
Tanu Weds Manu Returns
Edge of Tomorrow
Nightcrawler

Helpless makes you think even after movie ends. I learned to appreciate it after few days.

Nightcrawler and Edge Of Tomorrow are good. Latter is based on All You Need Is Kill manga.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't understand why some people are calling multiplex management as "gavaar". If you prefer to watch a movie in English, that doesn't make you Shakespeare either. Heck, even I prefer to watch some of the dubbed English movies, sometimes only though depending upon the genre (not all dubs are good).

Everybody has got their own preferences, and you gotta learn to respect them. Small cities anyway have very few "English" viewers, so what's business logic to air there ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I don't understand why some people are calling multiplex management as "gavaar". If you prefer to watch a movie in English, that doesn't make you Shakespeare either. Heck, even I prefer to watch some of the dubbed English movies, sometimes only though depending upon the genre (not all dubs are good).

Everybody has got their own preferences, and you gotta learn to respect them. Small cities anyway have very few "English" viewers, so what's business logic to air there ?

Dubs are never good. Recent hindi dubbing have ruined characters and thus the movie. I don't actually care what the original language of the movie is, I just prefer watching them with dialogues unchanged. (like in GOTG: Orb ka gola or Harry Potter: Pitramev Sanrakshram :facepalm: )

Raipur is a metropolitan and not exactly a small city. :|

BTW:

I have to ask them specifically to show post credits scenes every time else they just cut the movie off as soon as credits start. -_-

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation (2015) :10/10

Summary:
Ethan and the team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate - an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation (2015) -10/10

Summary:
Ethan and the team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate - an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.
Where did you watch. Is that 10/10 out -10/10

amjath

Human Spambot
How do you watch in ordinary print?

I must watch in 1080p or In theatre only..!!!

If missed in theatre...I'll wait 1080 release..!!!

Watch Kick@ss.
Yes correct, total worth in theatre. Reviews are very promising, ghost protocol brought me edge of the seat in theatre, hope this will as well
OT: did you guys see like by me to above post? Liked from Tapatalk.

Last edited:

harry10

Gadgets freak
How do you watch in ordinary print?

I must watch in 1080p or In theatre only..!!!

If missed in theatre...I'll wait 1080 release..!!!

Exactly. Such movies can't be justified on shitty cam prints. If by chance i miss hall then I need a 720p or 1080 whichever is available at least.

Saw Bajrangi. My parents loved it. I like it too inspire of the fact I am not a fan of Salman. Loopholes are plenty but the premise is good and you don't get bored anytime.
Rating - 7/10

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nightcrawler and Edge Of Tomorrow are good. Latter is based on All You Need Is Kill manga.

Watched Tanu Weds Manu Returns - 7.2/10 - Ok story. Liked the haryanvi accent. Few social issues touched upon. I hope people break the taboo and just don't consider it as a movie.

I went in watching without reading the premise. Worked better.

Next up, Edge of Tomorrow

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Man Who Saved the World (2014) - 9/10.

Summary:
Few people know of him... Yet hundreds of millions of people are alive because of him. The actions of Stanislav Petrov, a retired Soviet military officer, prevented the start of a worldwide nuclear war and the devastation of much of the Earth.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I won't watch any movie of a criminal. For that one movie, other movies' slots were reduced or not alloted. -_-
I believe some of the famous Hollywood actors have been to jail that doesn't mean you would stop watching their movies Woud you?
I don't think it's Salman Khan problem if they have so many shows in the multiplex.
Even I feel bad that there are so many shows running of Baahubali here in Hyderabad coz of it's popularity, it maybe a great movie or whatever but I think maybe they could put an additional show for some other English movies. But for that reason I wouldn't go around tearing apart the team of Bahubali.

My main reason was (still is) that Ant-man got treated like an Indie movie from a no-name studio. Sure everybody wants to cash-in on salman's movies but allotting it 75 shows compared to a mere 2 of Ant-man (not counting hindi dubbed) that too around 11 PM is just ridiculous. I was hoping to watch it in morning because the hall is nearly empty and nobody disturbs.

I agree with ashs1 as managements of multiplexes here consist of gavaar people. I have to ask them specifically to show post credits scenes every time else they just cut the movie off as soon as credits start. -_-

( I know RDJ wasn't considered good until he did Iron Man :p )

Yeah you should take out the anger on the Multiplex guys fair enough.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

It's on my list now. After Edge of Tomorrow and Nightcrawler.

I noticed that Han Ga In is in one of the lead roles...omg.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Odd Thomas (2013) - 7/10

Summary:
In a California desert town, a short-order cook with clairvoyant abilities encounters a mysterious man with a link to dark, threatening forces.

Top Bottom