Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Survivor (2015) -7/10

Milla Jovovich stars in 'Survivor', a thriller about a State Department employee newly posted to the American embassy in London, where she is charged with stopping terrorists from getting into the U.S. Putting her in the line of fire: targeted for death, framed for crimes she didn't commit, discredited and on the run. Now she must find a way to clear her name and stop a large-scale terrorist attack set for New Year's Eve in New York's Times Square.

Hot Pursuit (2015) -7/10

An uptight by-the-book cop must protect the widow of a drug boss from crooked cops and gunmen.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ant-Man 6/10

Average superhero movie. "Gurdians of the Galaxy" was better than this...and "Gurdians of the Galaxy" was average in itself.

But, to be very frank...reminded me of Makkhi/Eega movie. I think they did a better job.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
American Sniper 6.5/10

Seemed very much alike to "Hurt Locker".

Direction is neat.

are you kidding, please never compare poop to masterpiece, American Sniper was typical american propaganda bullshit, a b grade movie to be honest.. lol they even used a fake plastic baby in one scene..
The Hurt Locker, on the otherhand is a masterpiece

icebags

Technomancer
yup, no comparisons. :eek:

pixels, anyone ? :D

Oh... There are cinema halls with curtains. I saw a movie in one such hall while I was in Jaipur. Name of the cinema hall is Raj Mandir. It's very fascinating to be there. Feels very royal.
Curtains are closed while in intervals too. You can checkout the pics here:
Rajmandir gallery

classy hall decoration, more like an opera house ! probably attracts some good numbers of tourists too ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
are you kidding, please never compare poop to masterpiece, American Sniper was typical american propaganda bullshit, a b grade movie to be honest.. lol they even used a fake plastic baby in one scene..
The Hurt Locker, on the otherhand is a masterpiece

I wrote what I felt.

Theme is pretty same.

I don't care about propaganda or what...I saw a movie and found similarities.

ashs1

Padawan
wanted to see antman last week but could not go due to the late night timing( the only english show was at 11 pm)...this week, no more english show..only hindi show at 8:30 pm.. gavaar PVR :-x

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yes, also must watch Letters from Iwo Jima (2006) and Changeling (2008) if not watched.,

Have watched "Changeling" not looking forward to "Letters from Iwo Jima".

b/w any particular reason for recommending these two?
I see no similarity between these two!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
wanted to see antman last week but could not go due to the late night timing( the only english show was at 11 pm)...this week, no more english show..only hindi show at 8:30 pm.. gavaar PVR :-x
Shoot an email to cc complaining that Bajrangi crap is getting excessive show timings and seems like management is doing charity by putting up one show of Antman (English) that too at 11 PM.

Worked for me here. Inox shifted it to 6 PM slot.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Barefoot 5/10

After finishing I went to IMDB and was surprised to see its high rating. I just could not understand why people loved it so much!

This movie is not good, not bad...its basically nothing. Fails to evoke any kind of emotion in you.
Full of loopholes, and lacking common sense.

Even Sajid Khan directs better movies than this.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
An unusual story cleverly handled by the director. Deft screenplay, spicy dialogues and a mind blowing performance by Kangana which is ably supported by the rest of the cast. Delightful small town flavor.

Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015) 6.5/10
U/A | 128 min | Comedy, Drama, Romance | 22 May 2015 (USA)

The only thing I'll agree with this movie is the bolded part.
The movie has its faults; loopholes, lacking logic and at time depending on the short attention span of its viewers but all these are shadowed by its dialogs and powerhouse performance by Kangna.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Shoot an email to cc complaining that Bajrangi crap is getting excessive show timings and seems like management is doing charity by putting up one show of Antman (English) that too at 11 PM.

Worked for me here. Inox shifted it to 6 PM slot.
Bro, I don't agree with your views. I think Bajrangi Bhaijan is a decent flick.
I agree you may have views different from others.
Did you watch the movie?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I won't watch any movie of a criminal. For that one movie, other movies' slots were reduced or not alloted. -_-

This is a very sensitive issue but I would say watch a movie for movie's sake.
Don't bring other aspects into it.

If you look closely you would find many famous persons having a dark past and at times even convicted criminal.
Don't make it personal.

Blended 6/10

The main theme matches with an old hindi movie "Khatta Meetha"
Its good to see Drew Barrymore after a long time. She's still beautiful.

Anyway, a good timepass movie. Watchable.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
This is a very sensitive issue but I would say watch a movie for movie's sake.
Don't bring other aspects into it.

If you look closely you would find many famous persons having a dark past and at times even convicted criminal.
Don't make it personal.

My main reason was (still is) that Ant-man got treated like an Indie movie from a no-name studio. Sure everybody wants to cash-in on salman's movies but allotting it 75 shows compared to a mere 2 of Ant-man (not counting hindi dubbed) that too around 11 PM is just ridiculous. I was hoping to watch it in morning because the hall is nearly empty and nobody disturbs.

I agree with ashs1 as managements of multiplexes here consist of gavaar people. I have to ask them specifically to show post credits scenes every time else they just cut the movie off as soon as credits start. -_-

( I know RDJ wasn't considered good until he did Iron Man :p )

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ex Machina 9/10

I'm amazed and I'm in love.

Its movies like these made me an avid movie viewer. Its movies like these that motivate me to not lose hope on B-grade C-grade movies.
Its movies like these that inspired someone to create this thread.

Must watch!

Watched it. I will reserve my judgment here.

Watch this (the basic premise of movie is the same):

There is an equally good animated movie similar to this.
HAL

Brilliant movie, leaves you wanting for more just before it ends. 60 minutes runtime.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
And I would really love to hear it.
Please post.

It's one of those movies which takes some time to build a firm opinion. I will write down after few days.

It's more about the idea.

Do watch the youtube video. Closing sentences are an eye opener. It will likely make you understand this movie better.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
It's one of those movies which takes some time to build a firm opinion. I will write down after few days.

It's more about the idea.

Do watch the youtube video. Closing sentences are an eye opener. It will likely make you understand this movie better.

The trailer seemed OK nothing intriguing as you guys are posting here. It seems like a usual hollywood movie where man creates machine & the machine develops emotions.
PS: I'm not into Sci-Fi movies, only Nolan's movie impressed me.

Top Bottom