Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Edge of Tomorrow - 7.8/10 - It's a cool concept but then it doesn't avoid Hollywood cliches. Fun to watch if you are into video games. I think it could have been done better. The blood part quite doesn't add up. There were few stupid scenes like that car chase.

Nightcrawler - 7.5/10 - Hate the main character. Gives Taxi Driver Vibe. Jake's acting was perfect and in line with his character.

Btw, I came across Slither once again while cleaning my movie list. It's a fun, dark, slithering, horror comedy. Must watch for the fans of genre.

Next one, Architecture 101.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Get Hard 6/10

Don't expect much and you might just laugh.

Two more movies that I've seen which matches the exact same theme
Let's go to prison
Big Stan

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Architecture 101 - 8.4/10 - Apart from non existent background score, this movie is a must watch. A mature story that ends on a high note. I found few cool storytelling techniques to note down. Like that wallet scene from "A Man Who Was Superman". Could have been even better with well chosen background score. Starting is predictable like any other Korean Melodrama. Second half is where it becomes "the experience". The definition of kiss demonstrated by main protagonist's friend was kind of tickle my bones funny. I kept on comparing it to The Classic, but no, this is not similar in any way. Still a good one to watch, albeit a little slow in the beginning if you have seen lots of Korean movies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[META] we need to aggregate all the movies recommended in this thread into a list.

No practical use. Thread turned from "good movies list" to general movie discussion thread quite a lot of time ago. Hence the title name change in between.
Just referring Top IMDb list are have more practical use.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
It Follows 7/10

Ah, another good atmospheric horror movie.
Slow at pace (I really prefer slow speed for horror, for a good movie that is itself a point eeriness)
Good acting by the lead girl and more over a novel idea.

A non-invasive but chilling movie. Always having this undercurrent of tension that something might just happen now. The premise so that the director does not have to focus camera to a character to point you to that direction.
'Caue you've already seen 'cause you were already searching the whole screen for any out of ordinary things and that denotes the success of this movie. It involves YOU...

Could not get the end though...going to IMDB for study.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I just found out that American Sniper won an academy award for "Best Sound Editing"..
LOL, I hope they were trolling because Interstellar totally deserved that.. no question about it

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@ rhitwick, bro can I have some suggestions on some good horror flicks?

I would refer you to this thread
*www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/167357-horror-gore-thriller-movies-list.html

Horror is a very personal and weird category for movie recommendation. What scares me might not even make an impact on you.
I would not want to recommend any name to for this.

That list has every possible good horror movie names. Just stay away from movies having "gore" against it.

[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION] you are the thread OP. Why don't you update the list with new movies?

ashs1

Padawan
Thing is, I have not seen the original Malayalam or recently released Tamil version also. Now I will watch all 3 versions !
I felt they should have casted someone else in the Hindi version of drishyam..apart from tabu, nobody seemed perfect..
The Malayalam version and the Tamil version ( papanasam) were much much much better.( in terms of performance).

Top Bottom