Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ah, so it's going to be screened once, then deleted.
that's supposed to be some kind of a statement for 20+ years of work.
Peak hipster.

brb, gonna watch Samsara

amjath

Human Spambot
Thanks.

*www.thelongestfilm.com/

A Swedish film-maker hoping to break the world record for the longest film of all time has released a 72-minute teaser trailer.
Anders Weberg hopes the near-feature-length promo will serve to whet audience appetites for his proposed 720-hour movie marathon, titled Ambiancé, which will be released in 2020. The director plans to release two further "trailers", one 7 hours and 20 minutes long and a second 72 hours long, in 2016 and 2018 before the final film debuts in its extended glory.
What the.. How am I gonna download this movie from torrent

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Takashi Miike really well made psycho movie. The movie begins as a love story and if you think that this is not a horror movie, then you are wrong. At the end it happens.

Audition (1999) 6/10
"Ôdishon" (original title)
R | 115 min | Drama, Horror, Romance | 3 March 2000 (Japan)

Watch The Cure and Marebito.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Mad Max Fury Road
Mad Max Fury Road is an out and out action movie. There is no expounding or world building, what little we learn of the world we see for a few seconds before it explodes. It is easy to watch it, go back and be satisfied. Ok, there is no depth, not much of a story. This is definitely not intellectually intense like interstellar. At first, thought the story was very shallow, covered by good storytelling. Like Tarantino. But it was not, there was something hidden in plain sight.

This movie has a heart, and invisibly, casually, destroys the deep cultural norms hidden in every other story, especially every other pop corn action story.

In pop science fiction, especially post apocalyptic fiction, there is one kind of figure who is never, ever the hero. Old Women. In this movie, old women kick ass.
If a Disabled person is in the movie, the entire movie becomes about that person's struggle with that disability. In this movie, it is invisible. No one can think at the end of it that the person without an arm was disabled.
People are accusing the person who invented kickass female protagonists (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) of not making full use of Black Widow in Avengers... well, those people should watch this movie and be happy
The bad guys, as a race trope. Best example is orcs in LOTR. In this story, a nameless one from the morbid horde takes control of his story. This kind of character arc is unprecedented in cinema (is it? please tell me)

Yeah, this movie going to be a cult classic. Haven't seen earlier movies in the series.

The music is so ominous
[YOUTUBE]5RRCQONzVb4[/YOUTUBE]

ajayritik

Technomancer
^I remember as a kid heard a lot about this movie. Was really expecting a lot when I was watching it but was a tad disappointed

Anyone here watched Bombay Velvet(Kashyap's AAG)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^I remember as a kid heard a lot about this movie. Was really expecting a lot when I was watching it but was a tad disappointed

You might be mistaken, for this is a movie released in year 2015.

Don't you think that we become more mature about the subject of movies when we grow up and more we watch ? A lot of movies which I liked as a kid are cliche ridden cesspool of a film making now. And the ones which I could not understand or enjoy are the ones in my favorite list now.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That's probably our viewpoint changes as we mature. When I watch the movies I used to love as a kid now, I can't believe that I used to love these movies once upon a time.

It's probably that we had never seen anything like those movies back in the day. But as we watch more and more movies we raise the bar with every good movie we watch and when we return back to those early movies we compare them to that bar we have raised over the years and then realize that they are not how we had thought about it back in the day.

There are some movies that I am still fond of though. My first movie I remember vividly was Robocop which I watched when I was around 9-10 years old (even though it was rated R). I still enjoy watching it.

ajayritik

Technomancer
An impressive story of pregnant teenager drug muelling in Colombia.,

Maria Full of Grace (2004) 6.5/10
R | 101 min | Crime, Drama | 6 August 2004 (USA
)

Macha like how in IPL they have the counter running for number of sixes hit can we have a meter to the number of movies you watched so far.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sometimes I think shreeux is a bot. Or have set some kind of automation to post a post at regular intervals.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I think shreeux needs to prove that he's not a bot by not posting for one day!
[MENTION=134188]shreeux[/MENTION] (if you are not a bot) dude don't be depressed by all these comments. They are just jealous of you. Just tell them why you are on house arrest and they would understand, I guess.

Top Bottom