Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Amazing movie..needs patients to watch..A experiment in artificial intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breathtaking female A.I.
But A.I provoking human emotions.,

Ex Machina (2015)
R | 108 min | Drama, Sci-Fi | 24 April 2015 (USA
)

Will I have to go to a hospital to watch this movie?

Flash

Lost in speed
Is Ex Machina's story same like Chappie?

Google for "Ex Machina (2015)" and read the IMDb's (1st result) movie description..

:rofl:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys need some suggestions on some good movies planning to watch in train on a long journey.
Hindi>Telugu>Tamil> English.
Only thing is should not be in strong adult genre.
kindly suggest. Preferably ones release recently.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys need some suggestions on some good movies planning to watch in train on a long journey.
Watch edge of tomorrow, project almanac ,predestination, the traingle,...

ashs1

Padawan
Robocop (2014) - 5/10

Was very excited to watch this movie.. Started well initially, but dragged in 2nd half... Terrible reboot.
P.S.: robocop in black was looking supercool!!!!!

A

amit.tiger12

Hindi - Piku, Welcome to Karachi, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, Broken Horses
English - Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Poltergeist, Pitch Perfect 2, Hot Pursuit, San Andreas

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Velayilla Pattadhari - 8/10

The Cobbler - 7/10 .Surprisingly this film had some good moments.

Aadu Oru Bheekarajeevi Anu - 6/10

icebags

Technomancer
Tomorrowland (2015) - IMDb - 7.5/10

This is the last installment of one of the disney fantasy movies, with wonders of a whole new world or in modern terms - parallel dimenstion stuff. concept is good enough, acting and grafix are at par. and it all about finding inspiration for a bright shiny future.

i would sure recommend this movie, book ur tickets before its gone from theatres. go and get some hope, fetch some inspiration and return home. it felt good to enjoy a movie again in a hall which was only 10-15% filled up. :wink:

and the last, but not the least, it was a kiddy style movie. :-D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Tomorrowland in my opinion was a window to a possibility of a world which could be a direct culmination of the thoughts from all the creative minds without any politics or bureaucracy. The movie felt refreshing when it started and mind blowing when the Tomorrowland was introduced. Though second half didn't live up to the expectations of the first as far as visual fest is concerned. But they had a story to tell and not just treat our minds with visual eye candy.

There was enough character development that could happen during the course of movie. Soundtrack was also good. For me this is a kind of movie which just can't be enjoyed in small screen.

Bonus fact: The thing which is like a countdown in the movie (and also in trailer) is actually a device taken from one of my favorite Anime, "Steins;Gate" : *moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/steinsgate-1601.png xD

[MENTION=44484]icebags[/MENTION] : What do you mean "last installment of one of the Disney's fantasy movies"? And it was suppose to be kid styles movie (Disney, duh?) but it contained themes and graphics sometimes not suitable for kids. And I don't think the plot was easy enough for kids to get it in one go. Although I am not sure about that, since kids are smarter than us.

icebags

Technomancer
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] dear, i said kiddy "style", not movie for kids. ;) and yah i think "latest" would have been a better choice of word than last....

if u let kids or young teens to see the movie, they may get some wrong ideas. :p

Top Bottom