Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
By explanation I meant giving slightly more details about some of john's previous experiences.

Yes the budget was adequate to convey the idea. But not adequate to pull majority of the people to a theater.:)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I agree about "The Man from Earth". It didn't need any more budget for what director wanted to show or any more explanations. The beauty of the film is solely in the fact that it is a thriller from only dialogues. The movie is great!

Exam is like that

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
exam is too good but it is one of the movies which tries to be too clever by unnecessarily introducing complications in plot

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
@quanchi : that Is a sad fact for many movies. if I went only by movies Shichimi's scored well, I wud have missed many great movies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Exam is a fusion of different accents :lol: Felt like an exam to adjust brain every time.

The Man from Earth is direct to DVD kinda movie which has a plot so interesting as it unfolds.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Exam is a fusion of different accents :lol: Felt like an exam to adjust brain every time.

The Man from Earth is direct to DVD kinda movie which has a plot so interesting as it unfolds.

"Exam" is now on my watchlist. And "Man on Earth" was in fact released direct to DVD.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
The Pianist - 10/10

A very good movie. First time i watched a WW movie from a civillian's side. Can anyone suggest me simillar movies?

Transcendence - 8.5/10

All that tech gone to waste just because he needed a labour force :(

Begin Again - 10/10

A refreshing movie (at least for me). The soundtrack and Keira Knightley was enough for me to fall in love.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The Pianist - 10/10

A very good movie. First time i watched a WW movie from a civillian's side. Can anyone suggest me simillar movies?

Transcendence - 8.5/10

All that tech gone to waste just because he needed a labour force :(

Begin Again - 10/10

A refreshing movie (at least for me). The soundtrack and Keira Knightley was enough for me to fall in love.

I can suggest you a similar game, try This War Of Mine, really really amazing concept.. its based on the real life events of the Siege of Sarajevo

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Spoiler about Predestination:
how the protagonist became the antagonist. And where did the protagonist come from? It was like a loop but where did he/she come from?

another one, which might be possible

If the protagonist travels back in time to stop the antagonist from doing what he did in the future, the future version of the protagonist would have no purpose to travel back in time to stop the antagonist. This theory holds true only if a single timeline is considered and no parallel universe(s) exist. This will create a paradox which will obviously be extremely unstable if they try to change the events of the movie.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
another one, which might be possible

If the protagonist travels back in time to stop the antagonist from doing what he did in the future, the future version of the protagonist would have no purpose to travel back in time to stop the antagonist. This theory holds true only if a single timeline is considered and no parallel universe(s) exist. This will create a paradox which will obviously be extremely unstable if they try to change the events of the movie.

i give up ;_;

quan chi

mortal kombat
Dark skies
A good movie. However there are some stupid things if you can overlook them then its really a good movie.

eureka

Banned
Predestination

I didn't like the movie. And more importantly I didn't understand last ten minutes! I mean the whole movie is kinda confusing, but last ten minutes were like WTF!

I have a question. Don't know if anyone will be able to tell me.

How is the Barkeeper (Ethan Hawke) related with Jane (the Unmarried Mother)? Is he the son of Jane? But Jane had a daughter right! I see the scar marks on Ethan Hawk's body at the end of movie, exactly at same places as Jane's, but how?

Niilesh

Padawan
Predestination

I didn't like the movie. And more importantly I didn't understand last ten minutes! I mean the whole movie is kinda confusing, but last ten minutes were like WTF!

How is the Barkeeper (Ethan Hawke) related with Jane (the Unmarried Mother)? Is he the son of Jane? But Jane had a daughter right! I see the scar marks on Ethan Hawk's body at the end of movie, exactly at same places as Jane's, but how?
you totally didn't understand the movie
the bartender, the unmarried mother, the daughter are the same person but yet are child of each other cause of time traveling. he is the mother, father, grandfather,child,etc(all possible 'close relations') of himself

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Predestination

The barkeeper's name is John, who is the future of Jane(after face reconstruction) consider him John v2 , who during child birth had to get her sex changed. The child is of Jane and John v1(before face reconstrustion). Apparently, Child, Jane, John v1, John v2 anf the Fizzle Bomber are same people. Jane/John is her/his own mother and father(literally).

[a]Child at orphanage - Spacecorp - meets John v1 from future - [c]pregnant - no Spacecorp - Child birth(giving birth to herself :lol: ), sex changed - [a]child stolen by John v2 and delivered at orphanage - so much sadness - Jane becomes John v1 - meets john v2 - time travel for first time - meets jane - [c]Gets Jane pregnant (getting ownself pregnant :lol: ) - John v2 convinces John v1 to leave Jane and come to work for Spacecorp ( later on shown that he revealed that John v2 and John v1 are same person) - Jane's life vycle to become the fizzle bomber starts - John v1 starts to work for SC - John v1 gets a third degree face burn (?) and doctor changes his face to John v2's face - Kohn v1 John v2 is born after possibly the face changed John v1 has enough amount of testestorone and work out. - John v2 now goes back in time to do all that shi* to Jane that happened to him while he was Jane - John v2 gets decommisioned from Spacecorps but his time travel device still works - John v2 find out he is the Fizzle bomber and kills the Fizzle Bomber - John v2 becomes fizzle bomber.

Top Bottom