Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have heard the movie is not that great and also it's flopped miserably at box office.
I personally feel both the actors had some great movies as well as performances in the 80's and early 90's. I don't think either of them hav any great movie that released in the recent past.

The Story is good so is the emotion but still couldn't make it a successful hit in BoxOffice

ashs1

Padawan
Main reason of Linga flop:
The Climax flight. Even Rajini fans regrets Rajini acting in that stunt sequence.
I agree.. The climax was terrible.. As a rajni fan, i didn't expect this from him.. Apart from the climax, the entire movie was pretty decent..

quan chi

mortal kombat
Gone girl
Its a very good & interesting movie. From the start to the end I was hooked. There was never any unnecessary or dull moment. Maybe sometimes to appreciate movies like this you need the mood or Interest.

Gone Girl 8/10

1> She actually planned to kill herself!!! I mean, is that even a good plan? She plotted the whole thing for almost 1.5 years ago (remember what she told when mentioning about insurance renewal? She did it 1.5 years ago and that was part of her plan. She had put enough evidence to put him in jail. How about cutting few fingers and hide it in some search-able places? I think thats better than "kill self" plan!!!

2> How did she become pregnant? I can clearly recall he told he did not even touch her let alone fcuk, then he demanded DNA test, blood test, paternity test and in reply to that she said "I love tests"!!! And he just accepts the baby as his?!!! Why? What did she actually meant when she said "I love tests". Am I missing something.

3> Why did Nick let go of the lawyer? He could have asked him to trace her footsteps. She said to check the CCTV footages from the house but they would sure miss her first one week. They required to corroborate her story with things that found....

I'm basically angry that Nick could not take revenge on her, and my questions reflect that :(

I will put my version of the story in short here. I hope you will understand the minor psychological facts which I will be skipping.

One way of seeing the story is very simple. Its that nick's wife is one intelligent psychopath. Please also note that Nick is not good either. She gets what she wants in one way or the other. If she doesn't then its a dead end for that person & she makes sure of that (remember what she did to her previous boyfriend Tommy). Btw remember she is intelligent too. She loved nick however her husband was drifting far from her. She started to feel insecure but she is no quitter. At first she wanted to take revenge the hard way. However when she saw him on TV towards the end she gets a new plan why not give her husband the same type of feeling for the rest of his life.

Towards the climax I think she is not pregnant but she wants to.Nick goes under her thumb. (This fame compensated for the financial loss they had earlier. Even the FBI closed the case on her.)

II reason (general): Gone Girl (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ("but Amy reveals that she is pregnant, having artificially inseminated herself with Nick's sperm stored at a fertility clinic")

The lawyer leaves nick because nick really doesn't need him anymore. The lawyer gives his reasons too ("You got a book deal, a lifetime movie, you franchised the bar.")

If you think Nick becomes the puppet then the story ends if you don't then his fate remains a mystery.

Thus the movie ends with this dialogue. "What are you thinking? How are you feeling? What have we done to each other? What will we do?"

Maybe this answered your queries

Last edited:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I have heard the movie is not that great and also it's flopped miserably at box office.
I personally feel both the actors had some great movies as well as performances in the 80's and early 90's. I don't think either of them hav any great movie that released in the recent past.

i dont care about reviews, critics and what people opine about movies, i watch myself and then see if i like it or not, everyone has different taste

and if you are saying that both of them did not have any great movie recently, Rajnikant did Shivaji and Robot both full entetainment, and Kamal has done Vishwaroopam it was good movie, waiting for Vishwarooopma and Papnasam from Kamal

also eagerly wairing for "I", readlly dont know what is the concept of the movie, but trailer looks great, after Aparichit "Anniyan" i am expecting same kind of movie

- - - Updated - - -

i dont care about reviews, critics and what people opine about movies, i watch myself and then see if i like it or not, everyone has different taste

and if you are saying that both of them did not have any great movie recently, Rajnikant did Shivaji and Robot both full entetainment, and Kamal has done Vishwaroopam it was good movie, waiting for Vishwarooopma and Papnasam from Kamal

also eagerly wairing for "I", readlly dont know what is the concept of the movie, but trailer looks great, after Aparichit "Anniyan" i am expecting same kind of movie

- - - Updated - - -

I agree.. The climax was terrible.. As a rajni fan, i didn't expect this from him.. Apart from the climax, the entire movie was pretty decent..

100% agree with you, The Grandfather Rajni during British era was fantastic story, they should have focus movie on that story only, last 15 minutes fight spoiled the movie, but i think it wa not Rajni, but director here to blame,

- - - Updated - - -

[YOUTUBE]eT3_hqkrffU[/YOUTUBE]

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Tell No One - Can't really say how I felt about this movie but the production quality is a treat to watch. The music, the acting, the landscape...everything fits so perfectly. There are nudity scenes in first half of the movie, just normal french stuff.

Ditto - At first I thought how childishly was the main character. Struck with love and acting so over the top. But then I realized it was 1979 and I would have probably done the same. The other timeline, 2000, is something you can relate easily as it's more closer to our time. A movie with sci fi twist. Use of Bach's classics. A must watch.

Miracle in Cell No. 7 - Didn't like much. Looked a bit too colorful for the theme and relied a bit on overdone repetitive emotional scenes. May be a one time watch ? May be my opinion will change for this one. Kid's acting was pretty good for the age.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Kamal Hassan and Naseeruddin Shah are my all time favorites in Indian cinema when it comes to real acting.
I can count on fingers the number of movies in which Kamal Hassan has acted in the past decade which are not worth it.
I agree I missed out on Vishwaroopam. However I can list you so many movies of him which were nothing but mediocre.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
PreDestination ....wowo what a movie, any one claiming that he was able to guess the twist is just trying to be too smart .....this movie is not about just the twist, but how complex Time Paradox can be made. Even though this movie was a tad less in entertainment aspect as compared to my all time top Time Paradox Movie called TimeCrimes its still very close. Time Crimes had one sequence of time paradox playing in loop, this one had multiple and hence made it more complex. You cannot understand this kind of movie unless you are very clear of how Time Paradox works. It WILL make your head spin if you actually try to follow the events and try to relate it in chronological order. Loved the movie for that .............. Not just casually see the movie and say aaa the twist was/were predictable ..... . I would give this movie a 7.5/10 ..... Time Crimes was 7.8 from me, the 3 point lead is just for the fact that Time crimes was a wee bit better in suspense and entertainment ........... 7.5/10 for this one ...

Have you seen Triangle ?

Seen Timecrimes.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
PreDestination ....wowo what a movie, any one claiming that he was able to guess the twist is just trying to be too smart .....this movie is not about just the twist, but how complex Time Paradox can be made. Even though this movie was a tad less in entertainment aspect as compared to my all time top Time Paradox Movie called TimeCrimes its still very close. Time Crimes had one sequence of time paradox playing in loop, this one had multiple and hence made it more complex. You cannot understand this kind of movie unless you are very clear of how Time Paradox works. It WILL make your head spin if you actually try to follow the events and try to relate it in chronological order. Loved the movie for that .............. Not just casually see the movie and say aaa the twist was/were predictable ..... . I would give this movie a 7.5/10 ..... Time Crimes was 7.8 from me, the 3 point lead is just for the fact that Time crimes was a wee bit better in suspense and entertainment ........... 7.5/10 for this one ...

I'm not being too smart. I've been watching Doctor Who for 6 months now. Time paradox and such concepts in movies don't seem much interesting after watching Doctor Who.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
In which case I am lucky that I didn't watch Doctor Who till now. I will watch best time travel movies first. And PreDestination.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^It's a long term project
unfortunately tiii.me is down atm, but it's 15+ days of non stop viewing, there are a lot of episodes

Flash

Lost in speed
The Maze Runner - 9/10

A Pretty sci-fi thriller in the lines of the hunger-games-sort-of-movie with nice effects/story/representation and top-notch acting, but with a major plot hole which sure the writer would've thought when the novel was written, but left with a lame thought maybe... Instead of waiting for 3 years in the Glades, which they call the place they're all residing..

1. They could've somehow escaped through the elevator shaft which opens once a month bringing the stuffs + new guy
2. If they could construct a huge watchtower, why couldn't they built a long ladder to climb upon the maze..
3. They knew they're in a place surrounded by Danger. Why can't they built a fence sort of thing to protect themselves?

Found a HISHE video about Maze Runner, which in my opinion is a pretty solid perfect reasoning..
[YOUTUBE]M2FJJ7vSGoY[/YOUTUBE]

icebags

Technomancer
Ditto - At first I thought how childishly was the main character. Struck with love and acting so over the top. But then I realized it was 1979 and I would have probably done the same. The other timeline, 2000, is something you can relate easily as it's more closer to our time. A movie with sci fi twist. Use of Bach's classics. A must watch.

i didn't like the ending. a piece of cake or a cookie over a cup of coffee would have concluded everything pretty well. :eek: there was a holly movie with kinda similar plot, and ended with a baseball match i think.....

DOC Who was ok ...its has a kiddesh feel to it. And how interesting Time Paradox movies can be depends on the fact as to how intrigued you are from the same concept ....for me if made nicely it seriously gives your brain cells to work .....

first i though DW was ok, then when daleks started appearing with "exterminate"s, i thought it lacks seriousness. :D

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Damn, the plot seems interesting enough! I would have to watch it soon.
I like movies similar to one where both protagonists were talking to each other through letters and both were in different eras, the name of which escapes my mind right now!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^hehe

I have seen Il Mare and Ditto.

Il Mare is artsy. Ditto is melodrama. But the concept is similar.
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]
Watch Ditto if you like melodrama. It will bite you hard.

Il Mare is like a Bach's classic turned to movie. Watch in FHD.

- - - Updated - - -

i didn't like the ending. a piece of cake or a cookie over a cup of coffee would have concluded everything pretty well. :eek: there was a holly movie with kinda similar plot, and ended with a baseball match i think.....

Was it because it wasn't a proper closure ?

Top Bottom