Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Concept seems very much similar to this movie,

Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA (2000) - IMDb

Not so much as No Man's Land (2001) - IMDb which seems to be highly rated in imdb. i have not seen that one.
The one you suggested seems to be a investigative movie whereas Picket 43 is all about how two soldier's from opposite sides share a special bond and show us friendship is possible even between enemies

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Not so much as No Man's Land (2001) - IMDb which seems to be highly rated in imdb. i have not seen that one.
The one you suggested seems to be a investigative movie whereas Picket 43 is all about how two soldier's from opposite sides share a special bond and show us friendship is possible even between enemies

See the movie I mentioned, then come back. We can talk

ankush28

Bazinga
Taken 8/10 - Somewhat predictable but good movie.
We're the millers 6/10 - plain boring... Just gave it shot because #jenniferaniston :p
The hobbit: the battle of the five armies 9/10 - Nice closure to another awesome trilogy. However nothing compared to LOTR!

A

amit.tiger12

suggest some much awaited movies to watch for like
Furious 7
Avengers 2 etc etc..

Flash

Lost in speed
Pisasu (2014) - IMDb = 10/10

A perfect supernatural horror movie. I haven't hooked to a ghost story for a long time, until i saw this movie by accident. The movie was never above or never below the ghost formula, which is being used in n number of movies. Must watch, if you're a ghost movie freak. You would change your perception of a ghost, after seeing this movie.

eureka

Banned
PK

Good movie. But 8.6 rating in IMDB can't be any more exaggerating. Story is kind of a meh, it dragged way too long! Aamir and Anushka are the reason why I kept watching.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Pisasu (2014) - IMDb = 10/10

A perfect supernatural horror movie. I haven't hooked to a ghost story for a long time, until i saw this movie by accident. The movie was never above or never below the ghost formula, which is being used in n number of movies. Must watch, if you're a ghost movie freak. You would change your perception of a ghost, after seeing this movie.

read about it. certainly seems to be different from the usual bandwagon of Indian horror movies. i like such movies that are closer in actuality to supernormal incidents & experiences, not the scare-for-entertainment types. unfortunately, i don't know Tamil. :|

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
I don't know hindi, japanese, cantonese, chinese, korean, thai - yet i watch the movies with subtitles :mrgreen:

lol, yes. that goes without saying. however, i was unsure if this would be available with subtitles (have watched 2 lovely Tamil movies earlier with subtitles, albeit old ones, so was under the false impression that perhaps subtitles are added later on for these, when the movies get old). nevertheless, the uncertainty has been allayed now. ;)

that reminds me to check about 'baba' too; wished to watch it since long! :D

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
lol, yes. that goes without saying. however, i was unsure if this would be available with subtitles (have watched 2 lovely Tamil movies earlier with subtitles, albeit old ones, so was under the false impression that perhaps subtitles are added later on for these, when the movies get old). nevertheless, the uncertainty has been allayed now. ;)

that reminds me to check about 'baba' too; wished to watch it since long! :D

BABA rajni movie? Then dont

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
BABA rajni movie? Then dont

yes; may be its a badly executed movie. i know it had not done well here (though the Japanese made it their megahit!), but i had harboured a wish to watch it, so will give it a view. may be i'll like it, may be not. i won't mind it. thanks for cautioning though! ;)

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
yes; may be its a badly executed movie. i know it had not done well here (though the Japanese made it their megahit!), but i had harboured a wish to watch it, so will give it a view. may be i'll like it, may be not. i won't mind it. thanks for cautioning though! ;)
There's a reason why it was failed here, because the movie portrayed Rajini as a person with all the bad things amidst a weak plot. Also political parties of Tamilnadu (especially PMK) were against the movie because the stills of Baba were showing Rajini with a cigarette in his mouth (and a bottle of alcohol in his hands i believe), which they argued will degenerate younger generation. Even the movie reels were stolen, and the party members thrashed the theatres + fans who went to watch this movie.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
There's a reason why it was failed here, because the movie portrayed Rajini as a person with all the bad things amidst a weak plot. Also political parties of Tamilnadu (especially PMK) were against the movie because the stills of Baba were showing Rajini with a cigarette in his mouth (and a bottle of alcohol in his hands i believe), which they argued will degenerate younger generation. Even the movie reels were stolen, and the party members thrashed the theatres + fans who went to watch this movie.

that concern could be understood (impressionable young minds, esp. fans of Rajni), but assaulting the people who turned up to see the movie?! totally unacceptable!! bloody b*****ds these politicians & party-workers! have made a banana republic out of this country! police would've been of no use i know. damn it! people should themselves carry arms for defence, and wipe out these wretches at the first opportunity available! :-x

quan chi

mortal kombat
coherence
Good low budget movie. Again could have been better if it had got some more funding & attention.
Red planet
Highly underrated. Not at all that bad.

Top Bottom