Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Bollywood movies these days.. Have to turn off the logical reasoning part of brain before watching them..

Gunday - 6/ 10..

- - - Updated - - -

What is it? Anti-Hunger games movie?

60's Novel by Harper Lee, won Pulitzer Prize, adapted into a movie with the same name in 1962, Classic Drama, regarded as one of the best ever made.

quan chi

mortal kombat
It depends on what type of bollywood movie you are watching. Well some of those dhawan govinda movies atleast entertained.I would still say they are any day better than sajid khan stupidity.
Sajid khan in his earlier carrier used to host a tv show where he would expose which movie/song copied from where & how the quality of the movie is...unfortunately later he started doing the same.

ajayritik

Technomancer
It depends on what type of bollywood movie you are watching. Well some of those dhawan govinda movies atleast entertained.I would still say they are any day better than sajid khan stupidity.
Sajid khan in his earlier carrier used to host a tv show where he would expose which movie/song copied from where & how the quality of the movie is...unfortunately later he started doing the same.
Too be honest there are so many movies out there which had no logic but entertained whether it was in the 90's or 2000's or the recent ones. Just because a movie is entertaining doesn't mean that it should be logical. I can count atleast 2-3 movies of Rohit Shetty which were not exactly logical but were/are quite entertaining. I wouldn't mind watching these 2-3 times.

I'm not fan of Sajid Khan movies so can't comment anything on that. Small correction though it's Career not the other way around.
I have no idea about whether his movies were inspired from other movies.
If Critics could make up for the mistakes done by movie makers then there wouldn't be any flops made by Khalid Mohammed who directed Fiza.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
heard mixed reviews for Godzilla....is it worth watching?

go for it, do not watch in 2D, i repeat, DO NOT.

P.S.- Reason : A 2D Godzilla movie with terrible plot, unnecessary winding and dreadful dragging over arguably self contradicting plot will become more PITE if the destruction, explosion and Godzilla screaming, fighting and stuff is seen in 2D, why? because its notably less than what you would expect from a godzilla movie, so whatever is still there, do watch it in 3D, it compensates the "dint get enough" feeling a bit.

Entirely my opinion.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Too be honest there are so many movies out there which had no logic but entertained whether it was in the 90's or 2000's or the recent ones. Just because a movie is entertaining doesn't mean that it should be logical. I can count atleast 2-3 movies of Rohit Shetty which were not exactly logical but were/are quite entertaining. I wouldn't mind watching these 2-3 times.

I'm not fan of Sajid Khan movies so can't comment anything on that. Small correction though it's Career not the other way around.
I have no idea about whether his movies were inspired from other movies.
If Critics could make up for the mistakes done by movie makers then there wouldn't be any flops made by Khalid Mohammed who directed Fiza.

It seems you posted the same thing but a bit more detailed.:D
I was not speaking about logic. I just said if you want logic then you choose some other films.:)

About dhawan govinda starrers I wanted to say they may be illogical but doesn't fail to entertain. Where as there are some directors like sajid khan whose movies pinches you more than tickling.

Like you said Rohit shetty's golmaal 1,2 & even bol bachchan were far ahead in logic when compared with vikram bhatt's Awara Paagal Deewana & Deewane Huye Paagal. However all of them are worth watching multiple no of times because they entertain.

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
The best 3D experience I ever had was when i watched a 3D movie for the first time in Theaters (Wrath of the Titans at Cinemax) , none have come close to that . Saw many movies in Cinemax , Inox , Big Cinemas all are more or less same , and guys do you have to check the 3D Glasses to see if they work, In my city multiplexes almost half of the time they don't work and I have to change them . :banghead:

Top Bottom