Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Producers 8.5/10

Such an amazing funny movie!
Zero Mostel as Max is tremendous and add Gene Wilder to that.

Full with funny one-liners.

b/w there's hindi remake of this named "Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge"

----offtopic-----
Fcuk!
Ekta Kapoor bough rights of "Devotion of Suspect X"!!! I did not know that!
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entert...d-remake-of-Drishyam/articleshow/30346672.cms

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Out of furnace 5/10

Most boring movie I've seen recently.
IMO, it belongs in the borderline of Must and Must not..
Avoid if you can.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Gunday - I found it alright masala movie, though it has over the top script. The Bangladeshis have screwed up it's ranking on imdb :D
I am really now worried with your taste. Except for few jokes that movie.....its not even a movie.
Altering one famous dialogue from gunda (matriji ka dialgue): Dhoom 3 aur gunday YRF films ke do najaayaz aulaad hai.:D

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Why would you even compare it with cloverfield ..... two different pictures all together ..... well except maybe both have monsters ....... if you just compare it as monster movies ..... I liked Godzilla 2014 better .. clover field was ok for me .....

Thanks.

Why compare ... I thought Cloverfield would be the most similar movie with similar monsters. I've not seen the 2014 or the original Godzilla so I could be wrong.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Black Water 6.5/10

I remember [MENTION=2935]a_medico[/MENTION] recommending it number of times but I always avoided it. I don't like crocs. Nasty animals they are.
And, then after saying all these I watched the movie today.
Good survival horror movie.

They say "Rouge" is the best movie in this genre. I'll watch that too. Let's see...hmmm

icebags

Technomancer
Godzilla

in the ancient times, long before the long, there was ..... the darkness. to restore balance and order from turbulence or swarms of darkness, god sends forth a heavenly ray of light. like the avatar of god himself, the ray of light kept on fighting - through ages, to some modern age dark gloomy day, when the humankind, men and mosquito alike, stood on a hanging bridge, helpless, shivering, watching all their might hugging the dust.

the movie started like prometheus, but propagated like jurassic park.

and yest, there are those helicopters, that actually explode when hitting the ground. :D

7.2 /10 for interesting doomsday like visuals, plots, cinematography, fps stuff with okish story for a monster movie. however it could not actually build up those thrills and fears, oh well.

watched it in 3d, after reading some comments and suggestion in prev page. but try to watch in some hall with very bright screen , as the scenes are mostly dark. also a good sound system will be more enjoyable. and try to acquire the center seat in the hall, not too back, or front. :)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^ Any chance you watched TASM2 instead of Godzilla ? :p , [MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION] whats the deal with the bird ?

IDK what TASM2 is but i sure did watch "Gojira" :D , A Drama between a nuke-o-path father and Kick-ass (that's right) and his wife and their baby and Saito :D and Zilla interrupting in a craigslist organized sex tape between two MUTOS????!!!

- - - Updated - - -

God damn it , i expected so much from a godzilla movie and i expected right, since i so loved the good old kingkong vs godzilla days and after the 1998 POS movie was looking up to it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bari Tar Bangla 6.5/10

Language : Bengali
Genre : Satire.
Summary
Roopchand Sen, (Saswata Chatterjee) a man of around 40, suddenly discovers that he cannot write anything in Bangla (Bengali language) any more. Desperate to regain his abilities to write in Bangla, he goes to a psychiatrist (Raima Sen). Tests show that he does not seem to have any physiological problems that may cause any disability. It turns out to be a psychological problem.Will Roopchand get back his power to write Bengali? Will his life be meaningful again?

This is a satire but did not touch the altitude of "Abhisapto Nighty". Should have been 20-30 mins less in length.
3 songs : total unnecessary and spoils the mood and pace. And two scenes of Abanti talking to Roop's mom are unnecessary too.
Still, full of witty and intelligent one-liners. No social message though (or at least I did not find one)

Top Bottom