Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

harsh1387

Broken In
Godzilla -
One word, Disappointed. Previous one was much much better. The biggest drawback is acting which lead actor couldn't do. Also storyline was much better in previous one. 3d is complete waste. I was actually bored in some scenes. First half is a drag, second is bearable. In my honest opinion chuck this and watch previous Godzilla again :p
Rating- 2.5/5

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Back from Godzilla, there were 100+ people in the theater. I had very little expectation from the movie.it was one of the best movies I have enjoyed this year. Human character is a total waste, but it makes up in other places. Sound effects is topnotch. Many will not agree with me and will say the movie is bad or boring. just watch the movie and decide yourself. Our chairs were literally shaking for the sound effects.

Remember I had complained people talk in theaters? today no one spoke a single word and had their eyes glued to their screen. Just check these reactions when you watch.
There were two kinds of people in the theater, one who sat at the edge. others who were way back in the seats totally scared, cause I could see the body twitches of the guys sitting in front of me.

I would rate it 8/10 , Majority for Sound effects. Will definitely watch it at least two more times just for the sound effects.

Respect for The Godzilla.

Cranston's talent wasted. total disappointment for Breaking Bad Fans.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Godzilla dropped from 9.0 to 7.8 in a day on IMDB , wow I am woried ...
[MENTION=118788]Geek-With-Lens[/MENTION] you should probably go .

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
^^It's a paisa wasool entertaintment flick. What do you expect from imdb ratings ?

Just that I have never seen any movie fall of that much that quickly even TASM2 didnt fall that quickly . I will watch it though :)) . On Other note [MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION] [MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION] what trailers were shown .

I just saw Interstellar trailer , I have got no idea what to expect of this movie . I get the basic plot that humans cant grow more food because of weather and must find a new home . But is the movie gonna be based on earth or more on space travel .Is it going to be a pure sci-fi or a drama . I need to see another trailer , seriously this trailer was different than most other movie's trailer , which give the whole movie away .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Small horror movie challenge to veterans here, survive this and prove your might!

House (1977)

Directed by Japanese Ramsay brothers!

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Small horror movie challenge to veterans here, survive this and prove your might!

House (1977)

Directed by Japanese Ramsay brothers!

thanks. i love horror and will add it to my dl list. although tbh, i dont really feel "scared" by horror movies anymore. i watch it for the grisly atmosphere, the tension and the thrill. also more often than not, horror movies are shot in scenic locations - big house, morgues, countryside homes etc

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Its not a pop corn (paisa wasool) entertainer .... 1998 Godzilla was, this is more dark....... Godzilla does not even make it to the screen 90 min in to the movie, down the line ... :D (Which I agree does not necessarily mean good ... :))

How does it compare with Cloverfield ?
I didn't really like the 98 Godzilla but enjoyed Cloverfield. Not sure if I should see this tomorrow.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Shivers 7.5/10

The movie starts as creepy and then moves to crazy.
Directed by David Cronenberg famous for "The Fly", "Videodrome" etc.

He later directed kinda similar movie "Rabid"

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Gunday - I found it alright masala movie, though it has over the top script. The Bangladeshis have screwed up it's ranking on imdb :D

Top Bottom