Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Counselor - Very slow movie with big, complicated dialogues as in Pulp Fiction. You'll either like it a lot or you will absolutely hate it. I liked it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Gravity was good but still the fails in substance whereas Moon excelled.

Watched Madras cafe, is it a trend that to portray realism the camera work is done so bad ?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Just watched 'Shutter Island' - 8/10 .... brilliant movie and superb acting by all the actors especially by Leo...a must watch indeed

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Gravity Review

This is a review / analysis of gravity by a guy from another forum. I hope it will change your view of Gravity being a straight forward movie. It has got so much going on under the surface.

ashs1

Padawan
12 years a slave hasn't released in Nagpur.. :( :(

American Hustle - 7/10

plot-wise, it was decent. But, Kudos to Lawerence & Bale.. They were perfect in their roles. !! :)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
how i live now. 6/10. started off vry interesting as an ocd American teenager is shipped off to britian to spend time with her cousin by her father. it takes place in an alternate reality where we are on cusp of world war 3 and troops are stationed throughout britain. the girl is mean amd *****y at first as she is angry about coming here but due to unexpected circumstances, has to brimg out the best in her and has to fight for a cause.

the picturesque countryside was shot in full fervour and the actors did a great job as well. however it turned out to be a movie which neither did war tragedy or romance angle any justice and ended up being a mishmash of both

You're next . This is one of the best slasher movies i have ever seen. Refreshing to see a great Slasher/gore/trapped in a house movie after a long while. The IMDB rating doesn't do it justice. Easily a 9/10 for me with very surprising revelations as well.

*www.imdb.com/title/tt1853739/

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman - Loved it for the background score. Strong role by Shia LaBeouf. A little bollywood style overthetop movie, but good one time watch.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
flowers in the attic - 7/10. very intriguing concept of how 4 children are forced to stay in a single room when their mother( heather graham) takes them to grandparents house and these children must be hidden from grandpa's sight and knwledge or else he wont include heather in his will. how these children coped this isolation was very interesting. there is an incest theme in the movie which might put off some viewers though. overall, i liked the movie as it showed the disturbing consequences of greed and the lengths one can go to for ensuring survival and freedom

watched and liked ... actually moved by it.

The Counselor - Very slow movie with big, complicated dialogues as in Pulp Fiction. You'll either like it a lot or you will absolutely hate it. I liked it.

I may like it.

Buddy I though this thread is to post about something related to movies we watched.
Not an SRKFanboy updates.

leave him be .. he is not gonna listen :D

how i live now. 6/10. started off vry interesting as an ocd American teenager is shipped off to britian to spend time with her cousin by her father. it takes place in an alternate reality where we are on cusp of world war 3 and troops are stationed throughout britain. the girl is mean amd *****y at first as she is angry about coming here but due to unexpected circumstances, has to brimg out the best in her and has to fight for a cause.

the picturesque countryside was shot in full fervour and the actors did a great job as well. however it turned out to be a movie which neither did war tragedy or romance angle any justice and ended up being a mishmash of both

You're next . This is one of the best slasher movies i have ever seen. Refreshing to see a great Slasher/gore/trapped in a house movie after a long while. The IMDB rating doesn't do it justice. Easily a 9/10 for me with very surprising revelations as well.

You're Next (2011) - IMDb

I'm a fan fo this genre so going to watch it for sure.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Escape Plan 6.5/10

Arnie and Sly together. What more reason do you want?!

*moifightclub.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/2013-rewind-20-things-we-learnt-at-the-movies-and-13-unanswered-questions/
:D
13 Unanswered Questions

1. Where is Rajeev Khandelwal?

2. What was Hansal Mehta smoking post Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar and pre-Shahid?

3. What’s the final box office collection of Chennai Express and Krrish 3?

4. Who earned the real Jackpot – Kaizad Gustad, Naseeruddin Shah or Sunny Leone? This is the only good thing about acting aspirations of rich kids.

5. what’s R…..?

6. What did the FFI committee see in The Good Road?

7. How did Ramaiyya Vastavaiyya make more money than D-Day and better TRP than most films? And it seems to be true.

8. What’s the real Milkha Singh story? Here

9. Why KRK is the last man standing with balls of steel giving out the right box office numbers?

10. Why is Raj Kumar Yadav (Rajkummar Rao or whatever he has become now) not a bigger star? who else can match up to his acting chops in the new generation?

11. Who directed Dabangg? Yes, that was 2010. But Besharam is 2013.

12. What murabba has Kashyap fed to Bachchan and KJo?

13. Were they really spoofing Bachchan as a chimpanzee in Yamla Pagla Deewana 2? Why Dharam paaji with Chimpanzee?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sleep Tight 9/10

Theme [source IMDB]
You wake day after day to the comfort and security of your home. But how safe is it really?

Talk about creepy movies...you've seen nothing if you haven't seen this. Since "Cure" no other movie kept me glued to the screen and made me this uneasy the whole duration.
With each new segment it redefines the level of creepiness.

Must watch!

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
Among the ones I've watched recently, these seem to be 'must watch' to me:

Four Lions
The Lives of Others
The Fifth Estate
Side Effects
In The Loop
The Master

Gravity was good but still the fails in substance whereas Moon excelled.

Gravity and moon are 100% different. Its like comparing Titanic with Singh Saab The Great. The directors had completely different ideas. the script was way off. Gravity has more of living the moments in the story while Moon is just another film to watch and enjoy. Gravity is thrice the fun in 3d in theaters while Moon isnt so. (p.s. Moon maybe better but not cause Gravity fails in substance. Gravity never intended to have those substance. )

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Gravity and moon are 100% different. Its like comparing Titanic with Singh Saab The Great. The directors had completely different ideas. the script was way off. Gravity has more of living the moments in the story while Moon is just another film to watch and enjoy. Gravity is thrice the fun in 3d in theaters while Moon isnt so. (p.s. Moon maybe better but not cause Gravity fails in substance. Gravity never intended to have those substance. )
Too mainstream :lol:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Watched Marvel One Shot : All Hail the King- 8/10 Awesome acting by Ben Kingsley , Good Development on the Trevor Slattery / Mandarin front . Also there is one sweet and funny cameo .

Top Bottom