Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
The odd life of timothy green was a very touching movie, with warmth and humour baked in. 9/10. Yet another movie which proves critics are just a bunch of delusional *******s and cant be a pointer to subjective experience of a movie.

The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012) - IMDb

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
The Wolf Of Wall Street - 7/10

Brilliant and hilarious execution of a real life story. Leonardo Di Caprio was at his absolute best. Editing could have been bit better. But overall a definite must watch.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Some people here are talking about Rush. I was thinking why everyone is watching this flop movie by Emraan Hashmi. Later I realised this is the English movie. :)

quan chi

mortal kombat
DRIVE (2011).
The climax could have been better. But still if you like drama and movies like transporter. Its a good watch.

ashs1

Padawan
saw The Wolf of Wall street yesterday !! Excellent Acting from Dicaprio.. overally, it was a funny movie ( in a dark manner ).
The Wolf of Wall street - 8/10

P.S : LOADS & LOADS of F-bombs & other swear words used..lot of steamy scenes too.. :D :) ;)

quan chi

mortal kombat
and Ryan Gosling's stare! lol.

Sorry I didn't get you.I mean if you are sarcastic? If not then yes he was very convincing in that role. Actually I have not read the novel by james sallis but did a little research on it. Driver is a mysterious character with no name (and no past shown). He looks innocent & cold but he is not which we get to see (imagine) as the movie (novel) progresses. He says that he only drives! (But doesn't say he cant kill if it is necessary. He just wants to stay out of it.)

Like others say the movie stays true to the book. The direction is smart. In short I would say if you like tarantinos movies (& the ones i have mentioned earlier) then you may like this one too.

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
These are worth watching. Nice Action + adventure movies.
Haven't seen the other 2 movies in the series.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

pratik385

In the zone
Thats strange. Yes the movie is slow and takes long pauses.But according to me not boring. Anyways to each his own.

Yep, i still humm its score while driving Excellent movie.

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin - 8.5/10
Excellent film, loved the seriousness and kung fu

To all who have seen Rush on rips and giving top ratings, its a shame really coz the entire motivaiton was the feel of V12 buzzing around race tracks which you dint felt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom