Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ rhitwick I have someone recommend a Bangla movie which is mainly kids based and based on someone who has not seen the world.
Any idea what the name of this movie is?
Will appreciate inputs.

I got the name
Chader Pahar

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@ rhitwick I have someone recommend a Bangla movie which is mainly kids based and based on someone who has not seen the world.
Any idea what the name of this movie is?
Will appreciate inputs.

I got the name
Chader Pahar
Refer this
Trailer vs Movie analysis
and this
Movie review

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is the one...

Did you really need to do that?

This is a 'must watch...' thread and the verdict of 'must watch...' is defined depending on different parameters of a movie by different people. Actors are also part of the parameters.
Comparisons are bound to happen...we have had them in past.

Yes, not everyone would like to take part but few interested parties would always be there.

I sincerely hope you would reconsider your mandate.

Comparison between actors are fine but not fanboyism like you did on past few posts ... simply this is not the thread to show you're a big fan of some actor. One can always discuss an artist's role on a movie but not a fan fight here.

No offence, sometimes you mods remind me of some 'pretentious' over disciplined kids back in the school, just saying. A little bit of off topic(yet related to the same topic) conversations aren't going to completely destroy this thread, right?

yeah right and you guys remind me of some guys who has the logic of " do anything you like and go as you please " :D

So this thread is basically a register? open the thread, post the movie you've watched, and get out? Well that's boring :p

For the time being if you think like this then of- course it is.

This is ridiculous!

You won't be laughing if you had to delete some 30+OT posts to prove and disprove who is the biggest fan of whom and their opponents. [ refer to page no. 644, 645 and 646 ]. This is not the thread for posts / questions like these :

Out of blue one guy asks this and you guys got busy in replying to that posts :

There are only 2 versatile actors in the whole of Hollywood.
1) Leonardo Di Caprio,
2) Johnny Depp.

Who would not agree?

Or,

SRK overacts, maybe even he knows. But whenever he got to do serious roles he proved that he can act. And few times he even got his arch enemies to say that he can act.

IDK what is the problem with people today. Most of his haters did not even watch his movies.

I see another person having personal vendetta against SRK. I demand you to defend your claim or never oppose SRK movies again.

Who the hell do you think you are to demand me something huh? STFU already. And why exactly would I have a personal vendetta with a half funny comedian again? Do you read what you type or just do it? Do you know how dumb you SRK fanboys sound each time you defend him?
Damn what am l saying, course you don't.
As long as I'm here I'll oppose him, and everybody will support me and I'll support others, so now you see who has some claim to defend?

this will go on and on if not put to a stop and a mod can't let this happen.

Anyway, read the comments below and as these guys got the meaning perfectly :

No offence but the comparison was long off-topic chat happening in this thread for a while..so a separate dedicated thread is recommend for it.

a little bit of OT is digestible but a long OT spreading in between pages is not

People do happen to use this thread for movie recommendations and off topic discussions make it more laborious to separate wheat from chaff.

The mods have done a good job here because they waited for quite sometime patiently for self regulation and stepped in only when that did not happen.

Thanks mods.
--------------

I also would recommend "The Illusionist"
The Illusionist (2006) - IMDb

I have to agree with mods. A little discussion is fine but there were tons of it and this thread is basically a movie review/recommendation one which was losing its essence.

Boring? in what sense.
the thread should go along with the title and should make sense accordingly.
if people come here to get rid of Boredom then this is not the thread

@Zangetsu, you have better things to do than debate. Better things like...Watch and review this title Sílení (2005) - IMDb

Along with that a twisted version of "Timothy Green" Otesánek (2000) - IMDb

First practice what you prescribe ;)

Nah you got me wrong. 'The thread gets boring' =/= 'I visit this thread to kill boredom'.
Never mind, I don't want a mod back on my ass giving me another warning for derailing the thread :p
But I hope you got the point.

Thanks for understanding and both you and rhitwick are doing this now - I'm not sure if on purpose. There are others who have done this as well but it's a good sign they've stopped but you guys have a problem with that so here comes a vacation for you ;) Go watch lots of movies and post some reviews after the vacation :D

BTW, watched Idiocracy (2006) - movie is good enough for one time watch only though it may made you worry a little about future.

R2K

In the Zone
Don Jon (2013)
Fun movie. But its a bit disturbing that I can relate so many things the main characters does and thinks with my own life. :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
I wont compare it with the lord of the rings because I found both good & this one is a prequel. Yes there are certain scenes which easily looks like CGI.
Peter jackson is a kid who loves fairy tales.:D

ashs1

Padawan
Saw Gangs of New york yesterday..not really my fav. genre.. :/ didn't like it much..

Gangs of New york - 5/10

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
^ spoiler DUDE!

What part you didn't understand?

Well , Once she stands up it looks so weird like the trees and mountain are not of proper size , I dont know it maybe the perspective of camera but it looks like a fairy land , she looks too big . And it cuts too quickly to credits ...

EDIT : Now when I see the camera version of the ending on youtube the perspective thing looks okay , well that was weird ....

Screenshot of the last scene : *i.imgur.com/dU8ZjsY.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom